Page 577 of 774 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    A big difference I noticed between the script and the show is that in the script, when Wanda arrives in Westview, she sees the real-life townspeople being happy with their families, and that depresses her even more. In the show, Westview is a run-down place and everyone Wanda sees is miserable and alone.

It's not hard to guess why they made that change, so we would feel a little less bad about what Wanda (accidentally at first) did to them.

But the Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer makes me feel like almost every Marvel hero is going to be doing some really ethically dubious things, not just Wanda.
    Yeah people been on Strange's neck since the trailer for doing that spell and not only for doing it bad (peter's fault) but for just mind wiping the world into forgetting Peter that easily just because he asked him, even thought we don't know all the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah people been on Strange's neck since the trailer for doing that spell and not only for doing it bad (peter's fault) but for just mind wiping the world into forgetting Peter that easily just because he asked him, even thought we don't know all the context.
    Trailers can be very misleading. Not sure if marvel will give away all the plot on the trailer

Extraordinary Member

It does feel like they did their version of House of M with Wanda and now they're doing their version of One More Day, where Peter tries to make the world forget his secret identity through magic. Feige is heavily influenced by comics published in the mid-2000s when he was starting the MCU, so it makes sense.

The similarities to One More Day will probably lead to almost as much mistaken Mephisto speculation as WandaVision did (I'll start: "that's not Strange, it's Mephisto in disguise").

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    In the original final draft of the Episode 8 script WandaVision, it is revealed that Pietro survived the mind stone because Wanda protected him.

https://twitter.com/honeymoron/statu...23830425866242
    So basically what I had in mind, Wanda changed the odds for both of them, just like the Stark bomb.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

In the original final draft of the Episode 8 script WandaVision, it is revealed that Pietro survived the mind stone because Wanda protected him.

I liked my theory that they both came from a mystical lineage, but it's nice to know they did think of an explanation for Pietro's powers regardless. And yeah, much like I thought; no mutant origin at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I hate they made Peter immature but this is on Strange.
    Peter's a highschooler w/ o magic knowledge.

1)Strange casts the spell knowing how dangerous it is.Hopefully they elaborate on it
    2)He doesn't tell Peter that consequences and rules before casting.Maybe tell him everyone including his family and friends will forget, and maybe tell him once he starts casting he should not talk.

Many have theorized there is something wrong w/ him and I agree, and how does talking during a spell to erase memory bring in people from the multiverse.Hope they elaborate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I liked my theory that they both came from a mystical lineage, but it's nice to know they did think of an explanation for Pietro's powers regardless. And yeah, much like I thought; no mutant origin at all.
    I would've liked if the show had explicitly stated how he got the powers. without that, that still leaves the door open to him and SW being mutants. Has Quicksilver-type powers ever had a mystical origin in comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Many have theorized there is something wrong w/ him and I agree, and how does talking during a spell to erase memory bring in people from the multiverse.Hope they elaborate
    There's probably something we're not seeing. Memory erasure should just be a simple, if far reaching, psychic spell. Not sure how that connects to the multiverse.

Extraordinary Member

It most likely erased any trace and evidence of Peter being Spider-Man as well, or else JJJ will look at his own newpaper and know the fact again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It most likely erased any trace and evidence of Peter being Spider-Man as well, or else JJJ will look at his own newpaper and know the fact again.
    Yeah, it's more than psychic but Strange' demeanor, the fact he was so casual about the spell or went through with it even with Wong's warning feels off.And the multiverse opening and these guys coming in is still a far reach.
    The second part where he says Peter and his 2 lives are the problem should provide more context.

I wonder why they didn't just keep this in instead of leaving a huge ass plot hole. They must want it to be open ended for a reason

Extraordinary Member

She doesn't need a worthless tag, it's left probably because people will interpret it in wrong ways, like how she "protected" him.
    Though I would just say it should be the same case as the Stark bomb, she changed the odds of them surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I wonder why they didn't just keep this in instead of leaving a huge ass plot hole. They must want it to be open ended for a reason
    Or they sadly just don't care about Pietro. They didn't seem aware people would be upset about the troll of Ralph Boner. I'm not sure they knew he was important to Wanda's life at all.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Or they sadly just don't care about Pietro. They didn't seem aware people would be upset about the troll of Ralph Boner. I'm not sure they knew he was important to Wanda's life at all.
    Pietro got so fucked as a character it's honestly sad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    There was a lot of stuff cut out due to Disney wanting the show rushed out. I have hears there were meant to be 10 episodes but due to Covid delays, they had to cram a ton of plot into episodes 8 and 9, and threads such as the deed for the house got discarded.

It's always been my belief, long before WandaVision, that Wanda protected Pietro, and that the mind stone granted him powers from the space stone. I don't think there is any mutant aspect at all.

I think the Strange we see in the NWH trailer is a variant, a more reckless, cocky Strange from another timeline. If we are getting three Spidermen, then to me it makes sense that in the third act there will be a twist reveal that this Strange is a variant. This may even tie into What If? with it's evil Strange possibly even being the same one we see in NWH.

I certainly don't think this is Mephisto as we will now hear endlessly, I also don't think this is Wanda masquerading as Strange, I think this is variant Strange. I mean, would Strange really have the Sanctum in such a messy state?

My theory with the whole breaking of the multiverse is it's gonna be like a whole gag in itself, like we think it was Strange but their gonna swerve & be like no Sylvie did it!! No it was Loki!! NO it was Wanda All along!! NO it Was Agatha she broke free!! No it was Billy the child did it!! No it was ect. Lmao like everytime they get it semifixed someone is gonna keep fucking it up & their might not even be like a major villain lmao.