Page 58 of 278 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 4164
  1. #856
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Same here. My favourite heroine as her own show and I can't thinking about how they are going to screw Wanda over
    I do cringe at the notion that Wanda's gonna be all cray-cray and Dr. Strange is going to have to show up and save her from own out of control angst or whatever, 'cause wimmen can't handle power. In that respect, I feel like the dog whose been hit so much it's always head down, waiting for the next smack.

    But the MCU has so far avoided most of the unpleasant or problematic aspects of comics continuity. (Hank Pym, not a wife-beater, for instance.) Hopefully however WandaVision ends and if it leads into Multiverse of Madness, it will wrap up in such a way that Wanda has some agency and strength-of-character in the resolution and doesn't have to be 'saved' by a man.

  2. #857
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    I really do believe that they want to do right by Wanda and that they're aware of why it would be stupid to have Doctor Strange or even Monica Rambeau step in to fix the problem. It can't be Wanda's story unless she fixes things herself.

    I think Feige and Schaeffer know that, because they've said it's Wanda's story, and because one reason they get paid more than comics writers/editors is that they know enough to avoid basic storytelling mistakes and character assassinations.

    But can you really blame Wanda's fans for not enjoying the wait to see what happens to her? We just want her to be a hero at the end, and that's pretty much guaranteed for any other hero. For Wanda we can only say that she will probably still be a hero.

  3. #858
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,024

    Default

    I mean, I think we're all really anxious because a lot of people are assuming Wanda is the villain and that's, at this point, sort of how the show is actually presenting it and people assume a lot from just cursory knowledge of what happened to her in the comics.

    But you don't give a new Superhero costume to a villain.

  4. #859
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    They are taking more from Wanda´s lore than we know yet imo for example Feige said we don´t know yet who those neigbors of Wanda are that made me think of the children of Agatha who were the ones she fought before conceiving the twins and Olsen said she´s not completely aware of everything yet, that she reacted badly to Monica because her memories of Pietro were in the surface of her mind and that made her remember a little more of herself, she even got the accent back.

    I also saw escenes of Wanda looking around a burned house that looked like the one that was burned when she first tried to have a normal life in town. Also the only neighbors that don´t seem to have an ID are Agatha and Lottie who could very well be there to help whoever put this illusion around the town and Vision seemed to be fighthing someone in the leaks that definitely wasn´t Wanda or "Peter" so yes I am expecting to see some new villain characters and maybe Hydra soon enough.

    We are going to see a lot of twist before we get to the end and given Wandavision will get a second season there´s time enough for Wanda to get back to herself and for the audience to see what´s really happening behind escenes. So I am really not worried for Wanda´s MCU future she´s going to be in Dr. Strange 2, she will have her second season for her series and she probably will appear again on Spider-man movie so I could see her feeling guilty for affecting the multiverse and helping to fix it as a response but this time she´s not only an Avengers, she would be the Scarlet Witch in her own right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There's an interesting story to be told there, of how *Magneto* feels about all this. He's shown genuine affection over the years for Luna and Billy & Tommy, his 'grandkids.' [B]To have all this stripped from him must feel kind of like losing his first family all over again. Even if it was a lie, the feelings were real.
    Yes, the main reason he has been avoiding all this is that he´s deeply affected kind of just wants to go on with his life because thinking about this hurts too much and is too close with how he felt after losing his family the first time and he´s not ready to confront that.

    He's got to be seriously ready to stomp the High Evolutionary for toying with his feelings like this...
    Curiously he´s not blaming High Evolutionary, he seems to think this was just something nobody knew, after all it was Bova who told him about Magda, not evolutionary and I don´t think Wanda told him about what she found in Evolutionary´s planet so he just believes it´s nobody´s fault they are not his family anymore. It would be interesting if he ever finds out Evolutionary had a bigger part on this that he thought.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-31-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  5. #860
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I really do believe that they want to do right by Wanda and that they're aware of why it would be stupid to have Doctor Strange or even Monica Rambeau step in to fix the problem. It can't be Wanda's story unless she fixes things herself.
    spoilers:
    Interesting you say that, cause in the leaked videos we have Monica saying to SWORD: "If Wanda is the problem, she has to be our solution!"
    end of spoilers

  6. #861
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    Interesting you say that, cause in the leaked videos we have Monica saying to SWORD: "If Wanda is the problem, she has to be our solution!"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope the writers actually use the death of Monica's mother as a plot point, because it would be a shame if she didn't understand what Wanda's going through as someone who lost years of her life and people she loved.
    end of spoilers

    Mostly I just want to see her and MCU Monica become friends for real. I always liked the friendship of Wanda and Carol in the comics because Wanda is an old-fashioned, romance-comics type of character and Carol is a post-feminist, tough character. But instead of showing what those different character types have in common, modern writers usually can't think of a reason why they should be friends.

  7. #862
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope the writers actually use the death of Monica's mother as a plot point, because it would be a shame if she didn't understand what Wanda's going through as someone who lost years of her life and people she loved.
    end of spoilers

    Mostly I just want to see her and MCU Monica become friends for real. I always liked the friendship of Wanda and Carol in the comics because Wanda is an old-fashioned, romance-comics type of character and Carol is a post-feminist, tough character. But instead of showing what those different character types have in common, modern writers usually can't think of a reason why they should be friends.
    I remember Wanda and Monica being on The Avengers together during the Stern run (unless Wanda was off the team with Vision back then? I don't think she was).

  8. #863
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember Wanda and Monica being on The Avengers together during the Stern run (unless Wanda was off the team with Vision back then? I don't think she was).
    Yes, Wanda was part of the roster with Monica from around issue #233 to #255 when she and Vision left to do their own series. They were friendly though never particularly close.

    I was thinking more of current MCU Monica, though, who is a bit different from Monica in the Avengers run. That version of Monica was a relative newcomer to the Avengers, so she wasn't as assertive as the Monica we saw in episode 4, who was referred to by Jimmy as a "boss lady" and is sort of a military type, like a lot of MCU characters are. She's a bit more like the version of Monica that was introduced in Spider-Man, where they made more of her being a cop.

  9. #864
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think we're all really anxious because a lot of people are assuming Wanda is the villain and that's, at this point, sort of how the show is actually presenting it and people assume a lot from just cursory knowledge of what happened to her in the comics.

    But you don't give a new Superhero costume to a villain.
    She even has a symbol as well, which would be an odd thing to do for a villain.

  10. #865
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I really do believe that they want to do right by Wanda and that they're aware of why it would be stupid to have Doctor Strange or even Monica Rambeau step in to fix the problem. It can't be Wanda's story unless she fixes things herself.

    I think Feige and Schaeffer know that, because they've said it's Wanda's story, and because one reason they get paid more than comics writers/editors is that they know enough to avoid basic storytelling mistakes and character assassinations.

    But can you really blame Wanda's fans for not enjoying the wait to see what happens to her? We just want her to be a hero at the end, and that's pretty much guaranteed for any other hero. For Wanda we can only say that she will probably still be a hero.
    Basically no safe space even in your own turf.

  11. #866
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, Wanda was part of the roster with Monica from around issue #233 to #255 when she and Vision left to do their own series. They were friendly though never particularly close.

    I was thinking more of current MCU Monica, though, who is a bit different from Monica in the Avengers run. That version of Monica was a relative newcomer to the Avengers, so she wasn't as assertive as the Monica we saw in episode 4, who was referred to by Jimmy as a "boss lady" and is sort of a military type, like a lot of MCU characters are. She's a bit more like the version of Monica that was introduced in Spider-Man, where they made more of her being a cop.
    I remember there is a scene where Wanda and Monica start having a conversation in French and Jan ihas no idea what they are saying
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  12. #867
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think we're all really anxious because a lot of people are assuming Wanda is the villain and that's, at this point, sort of how the show is actually presenting it and people assume a lot from just cursory knowledge of what happened to her in the comics.

    But you don't give a new Superhero costume to a villain.
    You can, if it isn't a hero costume but actually a supervillain costume
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  13. #868

    Default



    Just for fun I edited the head piece on the costume to a size and shape that I found more representative of the comics. I realize Wanda has been drawn in many different ways but I just wanted to see what it would look like based on what I see in my head when I think of the Scarlet Witch.

  14. #869
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think we're all really anxious because a lot of people are assuming Wanda is the villain and that's, at this point, sort of how the show is actually presenting it and people assume a lot from just cursory knowledge of what happened to her in the comics.

    But you don't give a new Superhero costume to a villain.
    You can, if it isn't a hero costume but actually a supervillain costume

    I am afraid that's true. Just look at the costumes of Hela in "Thor: Ragnarok" or Mysterio in "Spider-Man: Far From Home". I rather doubt that's what the producers of WandaVision are going for, but one can't rule it out, it could be as a "worst case szenario".

    Btw, Darcy will get a costume, I am really exited what's that all about.

  15. #870
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    I'm so hyped for WandaVision

    And I love seeing the locals being hyped as well

    Who could say that the Scarlet Witch would have her own series and being in another movie with Dr Strange
    Check out my (616) Scarlet Witch Respect Thread:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •