Page 581 of 774 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631681 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No, I just don't want to see that. We just had a whole show where she never once gets to be a hero, and the only thing that redeems her is that she is willing to give up her children to stop other people from suffering... and then in her next appearance she takes it all back and is willing to hurt many more people to get her children back?

I'm just really tired of it. Hopefully it won't be that bad, but I just want to see her team up with Strange just once before all this is over. Maybe we'll get that and maybe we won't, but for any other hero character I'd have no doubt.
    I thought she was the hero her entire show so...... *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I thought she was the hero her entire show so...... *shrugs*
    She was the protagonist, but she wasn't a hero -- the show didn't really have a clear villain, but her unprocessed trauma was hurting people and in the end she had to snap out of her delusion and stop hurting them. As Agatha (who isn't the villain of the show, just Wanda's antagonist) points out, what she's doing has disqualified her as a hero and she seems to accept that.

People love her and sympathize with her, but it's part of the point of the show that Wanda's grief is the real villain of the show and it hurts other people as well as hurting her. I don't want to see her backtrack and start hurting people to find her kids, when we just saw her admit that she had no right to hurt people to keep them alive.

She was the protagonist, but she wasn't a hero -- the show didn't really have a clear villain, but her unprocessed trauma was hurting people and in the end she had to snap out of her delusion and stop hurting them. As Agatha (who isn't the villain of the show, just Wanda's antagonist) points out, what she's doing has disqualified her as a hero and she seems to accept that.

People love her and sympathize with her, but it's part of the point of the show that Wanda's grief is the real villain of the show and it hurts other people as well as hurting her. I don't want to see her backtrack and start hurting people to find her kids, when we just saw her admit that she had no right to hurt people to keep them alive.
    Meh I personally think it's fucked up she let em die for some nobodies complaining about nightmares they could have just left *shrugs*
    Last edited by Journey; 08-26-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Meh I personally think it's fucked up she let em die for some nobodies complaining about nightmares they could have just left *shrugs*
    There is such a thing as protagonist-centered morality...

Extraordinary Member

They... they can't leave.They were begging to be killed my guy, it was more than "nightmare's".

This is so messed up

If it was that bad that's why you leave Westview was a shit hole anyways before Wanda they were all miserable to begin with a fresh start would have done them all wonders *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They... they can't leave.They were begging to be killed my guy, it was more than "nightmare's".

This is so messed up
    To change the subject slightly, the show never really did explain why she couldn't just kick them out like she kicked Monica out. Maybe that's another explanation that we'd find if we could see the shooting script, but it was kind of strange how the last episode acted like just letting them go and keeping her family alive was never an option anybody considered.

To change the subject slightly, the show never really did explain why she couldn't just kick them out like she kicked Monica out. Maybe that's another explanation that we'd find if we could see the shooting script, but it was kind of strange how the last episode acted like just letting them go and keeping her family alive was never an option anybody considered.
    Exactly my Point the fact it wasn't even a topic of convo makes her look bad.

Extraordinary Member

I mean my headcanon would be that Monica could leave because she wasn't part of the original spell. Her family's existence was tied to everyone in the town. But no one ever said that and no one ever brought up "let the people go and your family can stay there" as an option.

There were so many plot problems with that show alongside the good character work with Wanda, Vision and Agatha.

If it was that bad that's why you leave Westview was a shit hole anyways before Wanda they were all miserable to begin with a fresh start would have done them all wonders *shrugs*
    I wish Wanda would do that to my town. It could use the fix.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Sigh, just when things are slightly looking up for comics Wanda there is an explosion of "Wanda is the villain of Doctor Strange 2!" "leaks" (and I use "leaks" very much in scare quotes). There is just never a moment when her fans can relax and look forward to seeing her, it's always terror and dread.
    So it circulates again. Everyone is trying to make themselves e-famous on leaks from their unnamed sources. We'll see if this is close to true. Hopefully not. But wouldn't be surprised either way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I wish Wanda would do that to my town. It could use the fix.
    Plus while sharing Wanda's nightmares would be bad, I'm pretty much already doing that by constantly worrying what's going to happen next to her in the MCU and comics. So it would be basically just the life I'm living now but better dressed.

Plus while sharing Wanda's nightmares would be bad, I'm pretty much already doing that by constantly worrying what's going to happen next to her in the MCU and comics. So it would be basically just the life I'm living now but better dressed.
    Yeah probably. I've had worse hell in my life than her nightmares anyway, haha. Give me it all Wanda and some nice pleats.

Extraordinary Member

This, she could have kicked them out.I think it's because she wanted a neighbourhood so she kept them ig, but once she realized it could have worked out.

Extraordinary Member

Sigh, just when things are slightly looking up for comics Wanda there is an explosion of "Wanda is the villain of Doctor Strange 2!" "leaks" (and I use "leaks" very much in scare quotes). There is just never a moment when her fans can relax and look forward to seeing her, it's always terror and dread.
    I mean Grace Randolph is often full of shit. I am not too worried.