Page 583 of 774 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yup, it could be better though if they explain that as part of Wanda's subconscious motivation is making her neighborhood happy as well after seeing their real world conditions.
    That would definitely be a sympathetic light on her.
    That's probably why episode 8 showed Westview as a miserable dump even though the published script said it was full of happy families. It implies that Wanda subconsioucly thought everyone was happier because they all looked happer, plus she told them in the last episode "I've kept you safe in here, you feel at peace." It's not true, but we can all identify with being in denial.

I personally feel Wanda just refuses to see the genius of her design because she's so humble, twas my take.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I personally feel Wanda just refuses to see the genius of her design because she's so humble, twas my take.
    You are not being funny anymore dude.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    You are not being funny anymore dude.

They were all miserable, Wanda provided better jobs, homes, notoriety, & the chance to reinvent themselves, they wanna reject her gift fine they should of packed up & moved right along. Or they can stay without the complaining, either way the twins were innocent their lives mattered since we all talking about this I actually do find it extremely messed up Wanda sacrificed her children canon wise their probably getting tortured or whatever by some demon.
    Um. Did you watch the show? The people were being tortured. Some weren’t even living; they were either barely animated or stuck in various loops. The “happy townspeople” was just a facade forced upon them.

That’s…that’s not a good thing, my dude. Even if they were living in a shitty town before. If they leave, now they have NO home. And all because Wanda was sad and made children up, this town has to either suffer or evacuate? Who pays for them to move? Who buys them new property? New belongings?

Jesus Christ.

And some people like living in what some may call “shitty run-down towns”. My grandmother lived in a town that had only one stop light. The most interesting thing to do at night was sit outside and listen to the crickets chirping. She wouldn’t have been happier anywhere else. It was obvious by the desperation the townspeople expressed when Agatha “released” them that they were happier in their “shitty run-down town”.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 08-26-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I mean I cannot tell if Journey is joking or being serious half of the time lol. That being said, it could be handled better, but again I think Wanda generally lacks that narrative protection others tend to have in various media.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Um. Did you watch the show? The people were being tortured. Some weren’t even living; they were either barely animated or stuck in various loops. The “happy townspeople” was just a facade forced upon them.

That’s…that’s not a good thing, my dude. Even if they were living in a shitty town before. If they leave, now they have NO home. And all because Wanda was sad and made children up, this town has to either suffer or evacuate? Who pays for them to move? Who buys them new property? New belongings?

Jesus Christ.

And some people like living in what some may call “shitty run-down towns”. My grandmother lived in a town that had only one stop light. The most interesting thing to do at night was sit outside and listen to the crickets chirping. She wouldn’t have been happier anywhere else. It was obvious by the desperation the townspeople expressed when Agatha “released” them that they were happier in their “shitty run-down town”.
    Thank you.They were forced to act happy.

This is the same logic people use to think an actor is actually the characters he plays, like Keanu Reeves isn't actual John Wick.He acts.

The difference is he gets payed and get's to go home and has a choice in playing the role, whereas all the people in westview were tortured to the point of begging for death, seperated from their families including kids and have no choice.

And I love how people say they have sh*tty lives to justify this.They didn't, it was gloomy at best.
    And what happened in the Hex was a hundred times worse than anything they had going on before.

It's not Wanda's fault but god, please stop trying to justify Westview.

IMO the citizens of Westview lack "Vision" I just don't think they had it that bad if Monica wasn't pissed why should I care about these randoms? If it was that bad they could of packed they **** & left life ain't fair they got insurance they would have been aight.

Tired of the westview discourse, yes she did bad and makes her an antihero in world but some people acting like their families were trapped there ..

It's fiction, 616 wanda did far worse than that under bendis...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    The rumors seems really the most ovious. people have to stop giving clicks to these clickbait articles
    Spiderman trailer drops and in the following days, by an amazing coincidence, suddenly we get all these scoops, it's almost like people saw the NWH trailer and then started making up fan fics and presenting them as rumour.

Remember how these same people predicted that Wanda created mutants in the MCU, and remember Magneto's reveal in Wandavision? Who can forget Mephisto?
    Funnily enough those same people didn't foresee the Darkhold, or Wundagore Mountain.

But something else really sticks out.

We have seen clear evidence of Sylvie, Doctor Strange, and Peter Parker all being implicated in the multiversal crisis, yet Wanda is still being singled out as causing everything bad by these fan theories.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-27-2021 at 06:15 AM. Reason: More thoughts

Extraordinary Member

IMO the citizens of Westview lack "Vision" I just don't think they had it that bad if Monica wasn't pissed why should I care about these randoms? If it was that bad they could of packed they **** & left life ain't fair they got insurance they would have been aight.
    Did... did you not see the part where Monica said it was horryfing and a violation.Also she was aware of what was going on and was there for much less time, imagine the full effects on the people.

They weren't allowed to leave, they were trapped.They could only play the roles they were given.At the edge near the barriers of the hex, they were frozen still because they were only used as background.

Did you even see the show smh

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Did... did you not see the part where Monica said it was horryfing and a violation.Also she was aware of what was going on and was there for much less time, imagine the full effects on the people.

They weren't allowed to leave, they were trapped.They could only play the roles they were given.At the edge near the barriers of the hex, they were frozen still because they were only used as background.

Did you even see the show smh
    Yup i did & I stand by what I said when she opened the **** they could have left & never came back if it was that terrible, I said it & I mean it *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Tired of the westview discourse, yes she did bad and makes her an antihero in world but some people acting like their families were trapped there ..

It's fiction, 616 wanda did far worse than that under bendis...
    They were, they couldn't leave.They had no free will and while they were physically playing the parts they were given they were suffering mentally.
    Yeah they are fiction, so is Wanda.But justifying that by saying they had a choice is plane false.They could not leave.

No one is saying she's a bad person, but stop justifying this.

Extraordinary Member

Yup i did & I stand by what I said when she opened the **** they could have left & never came back if it was that terrible, I said it & I mean it *shrugs*
    They can't leave.They have no free will and the barrier would stop them anyways.
    That's why Wanda opened it in the last episode smh.

I heard people talk about how bad MCU stans are but never actually met one that bad, unfortunately thats come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They were, they couldn't leave.They had no free will and while they were physically playing the parts they were given they were suffering mentally.
    Yeah they are fiction, so is Wanda.But justifying that by saying they had a choice is plane false.They could not leave.

No one is saying she's a bad person, but stop justifying this.
    Not justifying, i just don't care about them, i already said that Wanda doing that unintentionally makes her an anti-hero in world.