Page 590 of 774 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640690 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They need new characters to try and keep the line interesting but as long as they are new characters it's okay.

Even HOM didn't change the X-men that much, all the famous and major characters kept their powers. It wasn't like the likes of Wolverine and Cyclops lost their powers and the students kept theirs.
    True. The biggest characters still had powers, only the nobodys that lost it.

It has more to do with the rising of avengers and of course misoginy

Hopefully wanda gets something new and positive in the books next year with the hype that wandavision caused and the hype that Multiverse of madness will cause around Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    True. The biggest characters still had powers, only the nobodys that lost it.

It has more to do with the rising of avengers and of course misoginy
    That and the stupid idea that millions of people can't be a persecuted minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Hopefully wanda gets something new and positive in the books next year with the hype that wandavision caused and the hype that Multiverse of madness will cause around Wanda.
    That would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breathe

A solo would be nice ofc but i want to see her in team ongoing so bad, since WandaVision she's crazy popular now, and i can't imagine how much popular she will become in another blockbuster like MoM, sad the the people who handles the books don't know how to profit from that, even when Jim Zub has been suggesting to do something with Wanda.

Well as someone who was bored to tears reading Wanda's solo, I think she should be leading a team book maybe like "Mystic Avengers" or some shit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Which is weird because most comic book creators are older, so they should know that being a decade older is not dead or useless. So making characters middle aged for instance, shouldn't be a problem. Even for martketability, because you always have the younger heroes.

Most Spider-man fans I've met do want him to be older and like that he had his own lab and everything and love the progression it gives him. But Spider-man especially is a cash cow. So Marvel will keep him in that spot.
    Well, maybe we've encountered different Spider-fans. Not to derail this thread, but I've seen many on other websites complain when any version isn't the "down on his luck loser who somehow gets 30 girlfriends" or whatever. But that's just my experience, not necessarily fact.

They need new characters to try and keep the line interesting but as long as they are new characters it's okay.

Even HOM didn't change the X-men that much, all the famous and major characters kept their powers. It wasn't like the likes of Wolverine and Cyclops lost their powers and the students kept theirs.
    They couldn't change too much, just enough to keep the whole "World hates us thing" going, ironically using a superheroine from a minority background
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 08-30-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well as someone who was bored to tears reading Wanda's solo, I think she should be leading a team book maybe like "Mystic Avengers" or some shit.
    Mystic Avengers could work. Marvel doesn't put enough into that side of their books. And Avengers have had many types of teams. They also currently only have two books. I'm not sure why the line is so limited right now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

That and the stupid idea that millions of people can't be a persecuted minority.
    It's like marvel editors have no idea about minorities and persecution

Extraordinary Member

A solo would be nice ofc but i want to see her in team ongoing so bad, since WandaVision she's crazy popular now, and i can't imagine how much popular she will become in another blockbuster like MoM, sad the the people who handles the books don't know how to profit from that, even when Jim Zub has been suggesting to do something with Wanda.
    I want Modred, Ian McNee, Victoria Montesi as the supporting characters addition to the more traditional ones.
    Though getting all three is kinda unlikely, since they are all rathe obscure.
    The more likely scenario is that she gets a spot in a team book with Stephen or something, which I am also fine with.

I'd like another solo but they need to stick to one artist. The new artist every issue didn't work for me. I like the magic detective stuff, but they isolated Wanda too much in her own book. They need to build up more of a support cast, better guest appearances and such. If they do it again, hopefully approach it like they have with many solo characters. They have a rogues gallery and plenty of entertaining support.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It's like marvel editors have no idea about minorities and persecution
    They still think pretending Cyclops is a minority works in 2021

I'd like another solo but they need to stick to one artist. The new artist every issue didn't work for me. I like the magic detective stuff, but they isolated Wanda too much in her own book. They need to build up more of a support cast, better guest appearances and such. If they do it again, hopefully approach it like they have with many solo characters. They have a rogues gallery and plenty of entertaining support.
    Would she actually get any memorable side characters?

Fantastic Member

That would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breathe
    The signs are not good.

The fact that with a movie where Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch will be co-starring around the corner, they have pretty much shut her out of his event entirely, and seem to be about to make Magik the (at least temporary) new Sorcerer Supreme, does not bode well at all.

I cannot help but point out how they portrayed Wanda as a bumbling clown who gets told off by Strange (and note she may not even interact with Strange at all in the run up to the movie's release) for being a moron, while they portray Magik as pretty much his respected equal.

Now, you might think that a comic with Wanda and Vision to coincide with WandaVision, or having some kind of Strange and Wanda team-up, to coincide with Multiverse of Madness, would be good ideas, but apparently it's editorial policy to do the exact opposite.

Yeah her solo was good to me but i didn't like that during that time all the magic users were weak for some reason, the writer completely ignores chthon and instead had another chaos entity that would never be seen again.

I would like to see her interacting with Amora after all these years and being enemies during her early avenger years, if carol can, why not wanda who is a magician lol
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 08-30-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The signs are not good.

The fact that with a movie where Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch will be co-starring around the corner, they have pretty much shut her out of his event entirely, and seem to be about to make Magik the (at least temporary) new Sorcerer Supreme, does not bode well at all.

I cannot help but point out how they portrayed Wanda as a bumbling clown who gets told off by Strange (and note she may not even interact with Strange at all in the run up to the movie's release) for being a moron, while they portray Magik as pretty much his respected equal.

Now, you might think that a comic with Wanda and Vision to coincide with WandaVision, or having some kind of Strange and Wanda team-up, to coincide with Multiverse of Madness, would be good ideas, but apparently it's editorial policy to do the exact opposite.
    I am honestly kinda jealous of Magik lol, she gets to be in a lot of stuff like those video game annoucement and stuff.
    And of course she is now treated like the default next in line for SS, even more so than Billy. Not that I think Wanda really needs a piece of that, but some more respect and relevance in the mystical corner would be nice.