Page 591 of 774 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641691 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah her solo was good to me but i didn't like that during that time all the magic users were weak for some reason, the writer completely ignores chthon and instead had another chaos entity that would never be seen again.

I would like to see her interacting with Amora after all these years and being enemies during her early avenger years, if carol can, why not wanda who is a magician lol
    It was weird how they didn't have Chthon but then when asked said they are keeping the Chthon stuff. Very confusing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They still think pretending Cyclops is a minority works in 2021

Would she actually get any memorable side characters?
    If they were dedicated to building them up. They've given her side characters before, but the only reason they never became memorable was because Marvel didn't stick with them as her support. Other than Agatha.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It was weird how they didn't have Chthon but then when asked said they are keeping the Chthon stuff. Very confusing.
    Maybe they were not allowed to use him because of the Carnage solo? I get the impression Robinson was told he could write the solo but could not use characters who were in other stories.

Fantastic Member

If they were dedicated to building them up. They've given her side characters before, but the only reason they never became memorable was because Marvel didn't stick with them as her support. Other than Agatha.
    I liked Hecate in the solo, she could be interesting.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly want more obscure and unused characters.
    Wanda's potential new solo for fellow "homeless" characters, I would kinda like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am honestly kinda jealous of Magik lol, she gets to be in a lot of stuff like those video game annoucement and stuff.
    And of course she is now treated like the default next in line for SS, even more so than Billy. Not that I think Wanda really needs a piece of that, but some more respect and relevance in the mystical corner would be nice.
    Magik is still riding on the popularity of bendis/Gillen era.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Maybe they were not allowed to use him because of the Carnage solo? I get the impression Robinson was told he could write the solo but could not use characters who were in other stories.
    Looking back at it, Carnage run is such a mess lol.
    They called Chthon a Great Old One without really explaining what that has to do with him also being an Elder God of Earth. Like the Great Old Ones in MU we knew are all extraterrestrial.
    Also the reintroduction of Victoria Montesi as the immortal monster slayer who is suddenly like a century old with a middle aged man servant who is actually younger than her just for that twist lol. Like the only thing about OG Vickie they keep around is her being lesbian, like seriously.
    Also JJJ.Jr joining a team trying to solve his Werewolf curse despite the fact he is not even the same type of werewolf, like not the Darkhold variant, but an alien type.

Also the last issue has a lot of weird typos and ****, Chthon is also like a giant symbiote monster for some reason. The only thing good about this book is probably some early atmosphere build up.

Wanda acting like a dumbass and failing that spell under the x-writers in Empyre really hurt all the grown she had as a magic user post M-day.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda acting like a dumbass and failing that spell under the x-writers in Empyre really hurt all the grown she had as a magic user post M-day.
    But hey, she is the sweet daughter of Mags, it totally makes up for that. Like Wanda to a lot of casual fans is the idea of an inexperienced and irresponsible magic user even before that, and sometimes her magic power is even denied by some people because they read HoM carefully.(The not careful type think it is chaos magic which is totally not denied in AD/HoM)

Ultimate Member

But hey, she is the sweet daughter of Mags, it totally makes up for that. Like Wanda to a lot of casual fans is the idea of an inexperienced and irresponsible magic user even before that, and sometimes her magic power is even denied by some people because they read HoM carefully.(The not careful type think it is chaos magic which is totally not denied in AD/HoM)
    Which is not how she's been for years. I'm not sure where the "she's inexperienced" thing came from

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Which is not how she's been for years. I'm not sure where the "she's inexperienced" thing came from
    Well they just needed someone to start the plot in that x-men empyre book and BOOM, you have Wanda being written to mess up things, they thought that having Wanda with her classic costume (the one she hasn't used in years) and messing up a spell while being sad after showing all that grown throught the years and in her solo was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    That's probably it.

Well they just needed someone to start the plot in that x-men empyre book and BOOM, you have Wanda being written to mess up things, they thought that having Wanda with her classic costume (the one she hasn't used in years) and messing up a spell while being sad after showing all that grown throught the years and in her solo was a good idea.
    To be fair accidently causing deaths isn't something you just move on from realistically i'd imagine Wanda would be grieving for the rest of her life for the people who died from her spell possessed or not.

Extraordinary Member

I am honestly kinda jealous of Magik lol, she gets to be in a lot of stuff like those video game annoucement and stuff.
    And of course she is now treated like the default next in line for SS, even more so than Billy. Not that I think Wanda really needs a piece of that, but some more respect and relevance in the mystical corner would be nice.
    I am going to hold out hope that we haven't yet started to see the effect of WandaVision's success on Wanda in the comics.

Come to think of it, even though the story was planned before, we did see a bit of the WandaVision effect in the way "Trial of Magneto" #1 was written -- all the talk about grief feels like that's become Wanda's deal now (it wasn't really before, because comics Wanda has not had as miserable a life as MCU Wanda).

Also the one bit of optimism I have about Wanda's MCU future is that people really want to see her again, and probably see her and Agatha together again. If her show had been less popular/award-nominated I'd be even more worried than I already am.

Ultimate Member

Maybe she'll be shown to be competent again. I can understand MCU SW not knowing her full strength, but 616 SW has used magic for years (depending on how long Marvel says time has passed).

Is it fair to say she's being better treated in the MCU than in the comics?