Page 602 of 774 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 11598
    Spectacular Member

Yeah I really like the red (it’s also my favorite color so that helps lol)

I liked Zombie Wanda, she was so creepy and her moment with Vision was sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i think the MCU and now zombie Wanda made me like the red color for her chaos magic/powers even more, most of the time her magic is drawn with pink in the comics and i like it too but i feel like pink is so overused by most telepaths nowadays

I miss her pink magic and pink accents in her costumes.

I don't mind the red/Scarlet Magic, I just wish they would ditch the glowing red eyes.

I like the glowing red eyes though. They are very powerful.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hate them, personally I think they make her look evil or possessed

Even Zombie!Wanda is a powerhouse...

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I finally got to see the What-If episode. It has my two favorite things: zombies and superheroes. Naturally this made it my favorite of the eps so far. Wanda really made for a terrifying and tragic zombie! That poor Russian guy didn’t have a chance, rip. I really want to see how the Wanda vs Hulk fight goes. Neither one has been truly allowed to cut loose for fear of overshadowing everyone else, and they deserve to have a fight where they can go all out.

The way zombie Wanda crooned at Vision’s body broke my heart, she just can’t catch a break in any reality. Vision taking Ant-Man’s place as the one keeping T’Challa prisoner to feed Wanda was so chilling. The MCU has really made Wanda and Vision take ride or die to a whole new level. Paul Bettany did great voice work (no surprise he used to voice Jarvis) and the way he said he can’t leave Wanda before ripping out the Mind Gem made me tear up a little.

I hope we get more Wanda in the next season.

Interesting how the mcu makes Wanda go hand to hand (with shields on her hands) against heavy hitters first Thanos and then Hulk, when she can fly away, shoot energy or use her mental powers

I don't recall comic wanda ever fighting like that

Ultimate Member

Interesting how the mcu makes Wanda go hand to hand (with shields on her hands) against heavy hitters first Thanos and then Hulk, when she can fly away, shoot energy or use her mental powers

I wonder why that is

Extraordinary Member

It's just more dynamic to have her fighting while moving. Sometimes in the comics she'll just stand around and point at stuff, because Lee and Kirby gave their early heroines powers that wouldn't require them to do a lot of hand-to-hand fighting (this was probably more Lee's preference than Kirby's). In her first fight in Infinity War she had to use her powers in ways that are like hand-to-hand combat, even though she doesn't actually have the strength to throw a punch.

Wonder Man even thought, when he first met Carol, "she doesn't strike a pose and point like Wanda or the Wasp! She just hauls off and belts people... like a man would!" Which does sum up the difference between Marvel heroines of the '60s and a character like Ms. Marvel who was supposed to be the heroine for the era of what comic writers called "women's lib."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's just more dynamic to have her fighting while moving. Sometimes in the comics she'll just stand around and point at stuff, because Lee and Kirby gave their early heroines powers that wouldn't require them to do a lot of hand-to-hand fighting (this was probably more Lee's preference than Kirby's). In her first fight in Infinity War she had to use her powers in ways that are like hand-to-hand combat, even though she doesn't actually have the strength to throw a punch.

Wonder Man even thought, when he first met Carol, "she doesn't strike a pose and point like Wanda or the Wasp! She just hauls off and belts people... like a man would!" Which does sum up the difference between Marvel heroines of the '60s and a character like Ms. Marvel who was supposed to be the heroine for the era of what comic writers called "women's lib."
    What is a female superhero pose supposed to be anyway?

Female superheroes should be as varied as women are in real life. Different personalities, different styles, different approaches. Some physically tough, some not. Some the smartest, some average, etc. There should never be one or two archetypes that all female characters fit in. It makes everything boring and excludes a lot of types of women.

The pose should be however that female character is posed, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Female superheroes should be as varied as women are in real life. Different personalities, different styles, different approaches. Some physically tough, some not. Some the smartest, some average, etc. There should never be one or two archetypes that all female characters fit in. It makes everything boring and excludes a lot of types of women.

The pose should be however that female character is posed, lol.

yes, women are diverse.

Seems like the last tie-ins to the death of doctor strange were announced and seems like Scarlet Witch isn't in them.
    They are teasing a new sorcerer supreme

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Much like gurkle said, they’re trying to make it look more dynamic than Wanda hovering while striking a pose as everyone terrestrial shakes their fists at her in futility. But I think it misses an opportunity to highlight the difference in fight styles, which is mostly punching and kicking with a little shooting. Wanda weaving and dodging in the air trying to stay out of arm reach of Bruce while casting hexes as he closes the distance by hurling projectiles at her, or doing a thunder clap would look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I hate them, personally I think they make her look evil or possessed

Talking aboug red eyes, there will be a new cover of Wanda by Scott Forbes for Trial Of Magneto #4

This just a tease, will she be fully resurrected by issue #4?