Page 614 of 774 FirstFirst ... 114514564604610611612613614615616617618624664714 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Darkhold alpha ill drop in december.
    Wanda is on the 3 covers of Avengers forever

Hopefully that’s 616 version Wanda cause the Dark Ages Wanda had her current outfit as well and we saw how short lived she was. If this is another version then I’m approaching this, especially with Aaron writing, with much trepidation.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Marvel is very inconsistent, but I don't believe editors are out there to screw Leah Williams. Like if everyone thought the comics was great I doubt she would say that editors were responsible for that.
    she has a story of writing problematic storylines.
    Though not every editor will treat the writers they work with the same and some could just be poor editors. I can’t confirm nor deny what Leah said about her story. Having it cut short the editors could have possibly wanted to do their own thing with it without her input.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Hopefully that’s 616 version Wanda cause the Dark Ages Wanda had her current outfit as well and we saw how short lived she was. If this is another version then I’m approaching this, especially with Aaron writing, with much trepidation.
    Most alt versions of Wanda die. It's unfortunate. We need more than one Avengers book. Written by another writer. I'm not sure how Zub lost the gig, but they need to give a team back to him.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Most alt versions of Wanda die. It's unfortunate. We need more than one Avengers book. Written by another writer. I'm not sure how Zub lost the gig, but they need to give a team back to him.
    Yeah cause Aaron just ain’t cutting it. Yeah his current Avengers run is filled with action and I like the current artist, but his portrayal of certain characters, specifically She-Hulk, just keeps me at a distance. Like I want to hope he can write Wanda, but if it’s an alternate version she’s probably gonna die like you said.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 09-16-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Though not every editor will treat the writers they work with the same and some could just be poor editors. I can’t confirm nor deny what Leah said about her story. Having it cut short the editors could have possibly wanted to do their own thing with it without her input.
    The way I read it:
    they edited some things out, that part that many felt offended was that editors made it worse by showing the naked body. But it was written by the writer and not the editors
    Well nobody presented any evidence, so I will go with the credits on the book: Willaims is the writer.

So some may hate me for this but here's my thought. I think if Wanda is/does get resurrected then she is pre Tommy and Billy. I'm kinda okay with that as it makes their interaction in comics easier to swallow as it's not a lot. Also would be interesting to see Billy's reaction to Krakoa. I like her resetting as it's not an alt universe Wanda and she can find out what NOT to do - get any help needed with her powers and past and the psychological issues that may come with both reality warping and childhood ptsd. I liked Wanda being a bridge between the teams and don't mind her being a character used by both if it's done with care.

I have been watching and reading and I think mayyybbbeeeeee Leah and Spurrier and co. may want to rehab the situation and are tired of Wanda's current status. Maybe I'm an optimist but currently her soul in being written with care and delicacy while maybe ressurecting. The page with words only speaking about magic and it's lack of rules was written beautifully and did not strike me as being written by someone who dislikes her at all. It would/ will (maybe) be a tricky job to try to restart Wanda without making her a new unknown character and I don't think this is a reckless poorly done job. I can see where it may perhaps be going and it's definite potential to re establish Wanda to be stronger and free of the psychological baggage she carries and yet able to learn from mistakes she will come to find out about - and cope/work on dealing with the root issues early on. If she loses the mother issues with the boys but somehow has still a bond with them I can easily deal with that if she comes out of this with a good and fresh restart yet still our Wanda from this universe.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 09-16-2021 at 04:36 PM.

The way I read it:
    they edited some things out, that part that many felt offended was that editors made it worse by showing the naked body. But it was written by the writer and not the editors
    Well nobody presented any evidence, so I will go with the credits on the book: Willaims is the writer.
    I read it more as it just being a shadow and nothing more. Seems like editorial wanted to be more edgy and graphic with it. Personally for me I wasn’t offended by it, but I respect and understand those who where by the editors decision as I’m against it cause it was reportedly done without her knowledge and no one has presented anything that contradicts her statement.

I read it more as it just being a shadow and nothing more. Seems like editorial wanted to be more edgy and graphic with it. Personally for me I wasn’t offended by it, but I respect and understand those who where by the editors decision as I’m against it cause it was reportedly done without her knowledge and no one has presented anything that contradicts her statement.
    The problem , at least the biggest one for me, wasn't that it was graphic but the whole Black exploitation and white saviors. She still wrote the problematic thing, it wasn't editors and she has a long story of writing racist things.
    https://scarlet--wiccan.tumblr.com/tagged/leah-williams

on other news, seems like the fake sister os pietro and Wanda is back on comics: she is seen with high evolutionary on the preview of X-men #3
    Really thought it was dead because it is a creation from Remender

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    So some may hate me for this but here's my thought. I think if Wanda is/does get resurrected then she is pre Tommy and Billy. I'm kinda okay with that as it makes their interaction in comics easier to swallow as it's not a lot. Also would be interesting to see Billy's reaction to Krakoa. I like her resetting as it's not an alt universe Wanda and she can find out what NOT to do - get any help needed with her powers and past and the psychological issues that may come with both reality warping and childhood ptsd. I liked Wanda being a bridge between the teams and don't mind her being a character used by both if it's done with care.

I have been watching and reading and I think mayyybbbeeeeee Leah and Spurrier and co. may want to rehab the situation and are tired of Wanda's current status. Maybe I'm an optimist but currently her soul in being written with care and delicacy while maybe ressurecting. The page with words only speaking about magic and it's lack of rules was written beautifully and did not strike me as being written by someone who dislikes her at all. It would/ will (maybe) be a tricky job to try to restart Wanda without making her a new unknown character and I don't think this is a reckless poorly done job. I can see where it may perhaps be going and it's definite potential to re establish Wanda to be stronger and free of the psychological baggage she carries and yet able to learn from mistakes she will come to find out about - and cope/work on dealing with the root issues early on. If she loses the mother issues with the boys but somehow has still a bond with them I can easily deal with that if she comes out of this with a good and fresh restart yet still our Wanda from this universe.
    Why would we lose 20 years of stories with wanda? it is not ok to reset characters just because.

Leah doesn't care about Wanda, so far nothing was about Wanda. I don't care about the cheap poetry of dead while she is killed over and over again. That is torture and Wanda would never be musing baout it while doing nothing.
    The jury still out there on Spurrier but I doubt he cares about her too
    Last edited by Writerblog; 09-16-2021 at 04:52 PM.

The problem , at least the biggest one for me, wasn't that it was graphic but the whole Black exploitation and white saviors. She still wrote the problematic thing, it wasn't editors and she has a long story of writing racist things.
    https://scarlet--wiccan.tumblr.com/tagged/leah-williams

on other news, seems like the fake sister os pietro and Wanda is back on comics: she is seen with high evolutionary on the preview of X-men #3
    Really thought it was dead because it is a creation from Remender

Why would we lose 20 years of stories with wanda? it is not ok to reset characters just because.

Leah doesn't care about Wanda, so far nothing was about Wanda. I don't care about the cheap poetry of dead while she is killed over and over again. That is torture and Wanda would never be musing baout it while doing nothing.
    The jury still out there on Spurrier but I doubt he cares about her too
    Hopefully X-men puts a permanent end to the terrible amalgamation that is Luminous. The killing over and over seems like it represents every life that was killed or harmed during M-day as a sort of symbolism and I have nothing against the story aside from issue #2 having way too many plot holes.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 09-16-2021 at 05:27 PM.

If both sides cared about her, they could have made a book saying that it was Chthon all along, he induced Wanda's mind to say those words (you know Chthon, the elder god that lives inside of her and posesed her several times) because he wanted the power of all mutants or something like that, since he created other creatures too, the life force also doesn't make any sense and was never touched again

They never answered where all the mutant powers went

Last edited by Cruelrain; 09-16-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post

Pre-Tommy/Billy as in pre-Vision and Scarlet Witch ot Pre-Young Avengers, because the former is just too much, we essentially lost the majority of her defining history. It would feel like they wiped her character in favor of another, would be worse if the new Wanda interact more with X-franchise, that would be straight up character theft.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If both sides cared about her, they could have made a book saying that it was Chthon all along, he induced Wanda's mind to say those words (you know Chthon, the elder god that lives inside of her and posesed her several times) because he wanted the power of all mutants or something like that, since he created other creatures too, the life force also doesn't make any sense and was never touched again

Chthon(and Set) was hinted in Marvel Tarot but they kinda just ignored that.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully X-men puts a permanent end to the terrible amalgamation that is Luminous. The killing over and over seems like it represents every life that was killed or harmed during M-day as a sort of symbolism and I have nothing against the story aside from issue #2 having way too many plot holes.
    I prefer Wanda as a being with a proper sense of pain and fear, and of course self-preservation, she feels more like an idea than a living breathing character.
    I am all for her shrugging off the pain in the end though, as long as they don't glorify it and say thank you Krakoa and **** unironically, she should just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Pre-Tommy/Billy as in pre-Vision and Scarlet Witch ot Pre-Young Avengers, because the former is just too much, we essentially lost the majority of her defining history. It would feel like they wiped her character in favor of another, would be worse if the new Wanda interact more with X-franchise, that would be straight up character theft.
    Yeah I don't want her reset back that far. Let her make up for her mistakes, don't erase them. And then erase much of her in the process. It'd just feel like Wanda fans are being punished with even more loss of our favorite character to appeal to a different franchise.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

This could fix it. Never made sense she saying "no more mutants"