Page 615 of 774 FirstFirst ... 115515565605611612613614615616617618619625665715 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 11598

spoilers:
    So the X-Men will go against the High Evolutionary in the X-Men issue, Luminous, (from Uncanny Avengers) the Wanda and Pietro clone with the powers of both, appears in the story... hopefully they kill her :/
    end of spoilers

I don't honestly care enough about Luminous to want her dead. She's likely not gonna be in many stories. This is the first time she's been seen in about 6 years.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If both sides cared about her, they could have made a book saying that it was Chthon all along, he induced Wanda's mind to say those words (you know Chthon, the elder god that lives inside of her and posesed her several times) because he wanted the power of all mutants or something like that, since he created other creatures too, the life force also doesn't make any sense and was never touched again

They never answered where all the mutant powers went

They did, all the energy when into the Collective
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Micha...er_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    So some may hate me for this but here's my thought. I think if Wanda is/does get resurrected then she is pre Tommy and Billy. I'm kinda okay with that as it makes their interaction in comics easier to swallow as it's not a lot. Also would be interesting to see Billy's reaction to Krakoa. I like her resetting as it's not an alt universe Wanda and she can find out what NOT to do - get any help needed with her powers and past and the psychological issues that may come with both reality warping and childhood ptsd. I liked Wanda being a bridge between the teams and don't mind her being a character used by both if it's done with care.

I have been watching and reading and I think mayyybbbeeeeee Leah and Spurrier and co. may want to rehab the situation and are tired of Wanda's current status. Maybe I'm an optimist but currently her soul in being written with care and delicacy while maybe ressurecting. The page with words only speaking about magic and it's lack of rules was written beautifully and did not strike me as being written by someone who dislikes her at all. It would/ will (maybe) be a tricky job to try to restart Wanda without making her a new unknown character and I don't think this is a reckless poorly done job. I can see where it may perhaps be going and it's definite potential to re establish Wanda to be stronger and free of the psychological baggage she carries and yet able to learn from mistakes she will come to find out about - and cope/work on dealing with the root issues early on. If she loses the mother issues with the boys but somehow has still a bond with them I can easily deal with that if she comes out of this with a good and fresh restart yet still our Wanda from this universe.
    That's a horrible idea. Wipe out well over 35 years of a character's history just because some writers can't be bothered to do any research and take the time to write her properly. Wanda was shown to be getting help for her mental issues and was doing a good job, so there is no need for her to get reset and get help for problems which is reset wouldn't even exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't honestly care enough about Luminous to want her dead. She's likely not gonna be in many stories. This is the first time she's been seen in about 6 years.
    Idc about her either but it kinda annoys me that she has access to chaos magic when she shouldn't have it, she can have normal magic because the twins mother was a witch but Chaos Magic comes only from Chthon's blessing and thats why Wanda controls it.

Extraordinary Member

Idc about her either but it kinda annoys me that she has access to chaos magic when she shouldn't have it, she can have normal magic because the twins mother was a witch but Chaos Magic comes only from Chthon's blessing and thats why Wanda controls it.
    Doesn't the retcon entail that High Evolutionary made her so that she can IIRC,I'm asking since don't know all that much about the rules for this.
    Also that's how it feels having like 15-20+ characters and/or clones who can do what the main one can a.k.a. Spider-man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Doesn't the retcon entail that High Evolutionary made her so that she can IIRC,I'm asking since don't know all that much about the rules for this.
    Also that's how it feels having like 15-20+ characters and/or clones who can do what the main one can a.k.a. Spider-man.
    The retcon replaces her mutant power with HE genetiv engineering, her Chthonic part stays intact.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The retcon replaces her mutant power with HE genetiv engineering, her Chthonic part stays intact.
    Probability manipulation was her mutant power until the retcon. That really doesn’t explain how Luminous has Chaos Magic if she is just supposed to have a more advanced probability manipulation power.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Probability manipulation was her mutant power until the retcon. That really doesn’t explain how Luminous has Chaos Magic if she is just supposed to have a more advanced probability manipulation power.
    Her mutant power post-Busiek is technically energt manipulation. Probability Manipulation is part of Chaos Magic, basically basic small scale effect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Her mutant power post-Busiek is technically energt manipulation. Probability Manipulation is part of Chaos Magic, basically basic small scale effect of it.
    So shouldn’t the distinction be made that Luminous has advanced energy manipulation compared to Wanda instead of saying she has Chaos Magic?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Wanda Avengers Forever variant by Dauterman

She looks gorgeous. I hope this means she plays a big role there

New variant cover for Avengers Forever from Russell Dauterman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    So shouldn’t the distinction be made that Luminous has advanced energy manipulation compared to Wanda instead of saying she has Chaos Magic?
    Yeah, it's weird, magic abilities in general should not be replicated that way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wanda Avengers Forever variant by Dauterman

She looks gorgeous. I hope this means she plays a big role there
    That one time Wanda looked like Jean's long lost twin sister
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-17-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Writers are notoriously bad at Wanda lore for some reason. And I get that character is complicated. But research is more accessible than ever.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.