Page 617 of 774 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Sorry, my original post had another one of those stupid MCU rumors in it. I shouldn't be doing that. It's bad enough to post real spoilers, but spoilers from the people who said Nightmare would be the villain of WandaVision is even sillier.
    Last edited by gurkle; 09-17-2021 at 01:15 PM.

I view it like I view all the rumors of Daredevil for sure appearing in everything, Mephisto, X-Men in everything and all else. Charles Murphy also hasn't been always correct. It just seems like people parroting each other. The rumor mill is tiring.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I view it like I view all the rumors of Daredevil for sure appearing in everything, Mephisto, X-Men in everything and all else. Charles Murphy also hasn't been always correct. It just seems like people parroting each other. The rumor mill is tiring.
    True. Remember toward the end of 2019, as "WandaVision" was getting ready to start filming, he was told Nightmare would be the villain of WandaVision?

I kind of wish the show had had an actual "Big Bad" (Agatha and Hayward didn't really count, they weren't trying to hurt anyone except Wanda) because I'm tired of Wanda constantly screwing up, but obviously there was never any intention of having Nightmare or Mephisto or whoever, because it wouldn't have made any sense for the story they were telling. The "Big Bad" was Wanda's trauma, that was always the story, so the scoopers were being fed something that couldn't possibly have been true.

I just hope they don't take back the growth they gave her, but even if they do, we'll just have to wait until the inevitable followup to WandaVision. Hopefully she and Agatha will be on the same side and they can exploit the popularity of Olsen and Hahn as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    True. Remember toward the end of 2019, as "WandaVision" was getting ready to start filming, he was told Nightmare would be the villain of WandaVision?

I kind of wish the show had had an actual "Big Bad" (Agatha and Hayward didn't really count, they weren't trying to hurt anyone except Wanda) because I'm tired of Wanda constantly screwing up, but obviously there was never any intention of having Nightmare or Mephisto or whoever, because it wouldn't have made any sense for the story they were telling. The "Big Bad" was Wanda's trauma, that was always the story, so the scoopers were being fed something that couldn't possibly have been true.

I just hope they don't take back the growth they gave her, but even if they do, we'll just have to wait until the inevitable followup to WandaVision. Hopefully she and Agatha will be on the same side and they can exploit the popularity of Olsen and Hahn as a team.
    I don't think they will or it wouldn't make sense for a villainous version of her to be the What If? version.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

The whole point is Wanda realizing that chaos magic is dangerous, but that it is not inherently evil, that she needs to understand it and understand herself, and most importantly to hold onto her humanity.

I would hope that we see Agatha evolve into a true mentor, arguably as the Darkhold seemed to be what corrupted Agatha, so, they would both have a common foe in it's author. Agatha potentially has an amazing arc if they do this right, with Agatha finally taking up the mantle of her mother, Evanora.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The whole point is Wanda realizing that chaos magic is dangerous, but that it is not inherently evil, that she needs to understand it and understand herself, and most importantly to hold onto her humanity.

I would hope that we see Agatha evolve into a true mentor, arguably as the Darkhold seemed to be what corrupted Agatha, so, they would both have a common foe in it's author. Agatha potentially has an amazing arc if they do this right, with Agatha finally taking up the mantle of her mother, Evanora.
    I hope movie Wanda does like comics Wanda and learns to control chaos magic with traditional magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Her mutant power post-Busiek is technically energt manipulation. Probability Manipulation is part of Chaos Magic, basically basic small scale effect of it.
    My explanation was that her mutant power was channeling chaos magic.

Had Chthon not messed with her at birth, it would have been to channel some other sort of energy, just as Magneto does magnetism. But because of what Chthon did, the energy she manipulates is chaos magic. She cannot channel other kinds of energy -- the particular energy she channels is chaos magic.

So her mutant power (at that time, anyway) was technically: Channels chaos magic.

Since then, I don't know what-all they've done, and last I knew she wasn't even a mutant any more, so she'd have no mutant power.

By my intent was that Chthon shaped her mutant ability, so that her mutant ability came out to be "channels and manipulates chaos magic."

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

So I would expect if Wanda does stay pre losing tommy and billy that she would at least look back at the history logs and although heartbroken learn from and cope with the past/ future. However I think that's all moot- I think there will end up being 2 or 3 versions of Wanda - resurrected, cerebro 's and maybe a Krakoan reborn Wanda. I think that- however many - they will all merge to one with a greater understanding of her past and of magic and hopefully psychologically healed. The nice thing is that although we all have our views we all love her and want her healed. Personally I loved her both as a mutant or not a mutant so I am personally fine with whatever her status is as long she leaves the baggage behind and heals and is able to go toward. I personally prefer she be all 3 healed into one with full knowledge and memories. If she happens to be 22-25ish but retains all memories and knowledge then that's a win. Youth with all the experience and knowledge:-)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Idc about her either but it kinda annoys me that she has access to chaos magic when she shouldn't have it, she can have normal magic because the twins mother was a witch but Chaos Magic comes only from Chthon's blessing and thats why Wanda controls it.
    I think Remender just didn't understand how Wanda's powers worked (tbf, a lot of writers don't), so he wrote Luminous as being able to tap into Chaos Magic because of that. He just wanted her to ''be like Wanda'', but didn't really know the distinction between Wanda's magic/mutant powers, so he went with the only thing he knew about. I don't think it matters anyway, because Luminous is not really a relevant character. The chances of her coming back and having any major role on Chaos Magic lore are slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wanda Avengers Forever variant by Dauterman

She looks gorgeous. I hope this means she plays a big role there
    I'm so glad she got one of these! I thought this type of Dauterman variant was only gonna be done for the X-characters.

Speaking of which, very interesting that they took a cover style that was made for the X-books, gave one to Wanda and then put it on the Avengers Forever book instead of Trial Of Magneto. I feel like this is editorial letting us know they still see her as an Avengers character, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Stunning! I wasn't expecting her to get one of these at all.

I find it odd that he included two versions of the classic one... Not talking about the inclusion of the real OG one with the headpiece that went below the chin too, but the one in between that and the current one with her oldschool hairstyle, along with a separate version of how it looks by modern artists (with the metallic-looking bodysuit and loose hair) at the forefront.
    I noticed that too. I think he just ran out of ideas, maybe. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    So I would expect if Wanda does stay pre losing tommy and billy that she would at least look back at the history logs and although heartbroken learn from and cope with the past/ future. However I think that's all moot- I think there will end up being 2 or 3 versions of Wanda - resurrected, cerebro 's and maybe a Krakoan reborn Wanda. I think that- however many - they will all merge to one with a greater understanding of her past and of magic and hopefully psychologically healed. The nice thing is that although we all have our views we all love her and want her healed. Personally I loved her both as a mutant or not a mutant so I am personally fine with whatever her status is as long she leaves the baggage behind and heals and is able to go toward. I personally prefer she be all 3 healed into one with full knowledge and memories. If she happens to be 22-25ish but retains all memories and knowledge then that's a win. Youth with all the experience and knowledge:-)
    Wanda being early to mid-twenties would be weird as hell considering last we heard, Billy and Tommy were supposed to be in their 20s too. Her whole dynamic with the current version of her children is already weird, I don't think they need to to make it even messier by having her be around the same age as them. If she's gonna have the memories of her whole life anyway, I don't think deaging her adds anything to the story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-17-2021 at 04:46 PM.

I do always think of the boys as 18-20 lol. Also addressing the age thing- that was just me joking about how I've heard people say they'd love to go back to their teens/twenties but only if they could know everything they do now. Guess that wasn't clear.

Also- Geez people get ticked off easily here at other's viewpoints- even by someone who loves Wanda. Definitely Wanda's been put through it - but in the end we all want the best which is hard as we are at the mercy of the current writers. I just try to retain a positive outlook and currently kind of like Trial (that could change ofc) after seeing Wanda's spirit resurrecting (hopefully) and also learning and seeming to find some clarity and peace.

Btw I view Bendis as the ass who perpetuated it, but Byrne started it all by being pissed about Wanda and Vision having kids and being together and writing the story that kick started it all.
    Also I may stay away for a bit as people don't seem to like views they disagree with and- not you Venus btw- bite your head off if they don't agree instead of commenting without anger. In the end we are all on the same side.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 09-17-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

Well, now it comes to me that they kinda merged Modred into MCU Agatha as well.(The whole corrupted by Darkhold thing.)
    Maybe they will do their own version of Nights of Wundagore with MCU Agatha in Modred's role, who knows.(I still kinda want to see Modred in MCU though, another silver ashen haired dude just to confuse people lol.)

Extraordinary Member

Nooooo, I like MILF Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

I've noticed that Wanda threads can be a little negative sometimes. I certainly was earlier today. I think it's just that people who love the character have been traumatized by how much crap she's been through, especially in the comics, where they didn't use her for an incredible amount of time and brought her back to kill her, and... well, it's bound to create a weird combination of love and hostility, especially with so many people online howling for her to be a villain.

I'll try to stay more positive and I think one thing I'll try to do, and I suggest others do as well, is talk about good moments from the character's long comics history that we love even if Marvel editors currently don't.

I do always think of the boys as 18-20 lol. Also addressing the age thing- that was just me joking about how I've heard people say they'd love to go back to their teens/twenties but only if they could know everything they do now. Guess that wasn't clear.

Also- Geez people get ticked off easily here at other's viewpoints- even by someone who loves Wanda. Definitely Wanda's been put through it - but in the end we all want the best which is hard as we are at the mercy of the current writers. I just try to retain a positive outlook and currently kind of like Trial (that could change ofc) after seeing Wanda's spirit resurrecting (hopefully) and also learning and seeming to find some clarity and peace.

Btw I view Bendis as the ass who perpetuated it, but Byrne started it all by being pissed about Wanda and Vision having kids and being together and writing the story that kick started it all.
    Also I may stay away for a bit as people don't seem to like views they disagree with and- not you Venus btw- bite your head off if they don't agree instead of commenting without anger. In the end we are all on the same side.
    Haven't been on this thread for a while either. It can get too heated for me sometimes. But for what it's worth, I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT with your views. I resented Wanda being "turned evil" thirty years ago (after decades of being a normal hero) and I still resent it now. I say rip off that Band-Aid and wipe that **** off her ledger. I think it's time for a fresh start.

The reason I don't want her reset is because of her spiritual sons. And it'd make it weird for her to be the same age as them. I hope Marvel doesn't do something that weird. Her being back to before Vision and the Scarlet Witch will also be awkward for Vision. I prefer if they just have her fix her mistakes and not just erase them.