Page 62 of 774 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That looked to me like her Infinity War costume which -- I regret to say -- I noticed because it was low-cut, and Lizzie famously said she didn't like being the only heroine with cleavage.

The hint of the new costume in the poster showed that it will cover up that... er... area. I'm glad they listened to her.

(I still see people who are butthurt that Lizzie complained about the cleavage, even after episode 2 of WandaVision shows she clearly has no problem with wearing a skimpy outfit. Her problem is that if she's the only woman in the big battle with a revealing outfit then it seems like she's not getting the respect the other women get.)

I mean, it might just be a character style thing (not that I ever really noticed the exposed cleavage point) because not all women are going to dress the same, but I get her point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Marvel heroes wanda was a gameplay design triumph TBH
    Yeah her, Storm and Jean were pretty fun. Emma and Sue were also on my raid list.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Has Marvel made a statement on why Wanda & Vision too have no comic synergy going on for them right now, would this not be the perfect time to release Darkhold?
    Them not publishing them is the statement. They're dumb. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Here you go. Possible spoilers ahead.

https://twitter.com/wandavisionnew2/...320584706?s=21
    Honestly, at this point I don't even consider it a spoiler anymore, considering how many people already came to the conclusion this would happen, not to mention some of the hints on the show itself, spoilers:
    like Agnes talking about the devil, the ''666'' on the toaster, the weird Rosemary's Baby vibes from how Wanda got pregnant
    end of spoilers. I actually think this would make for a great story, and hope they deal with it well if it is indeed the route they're going with.

I gotta ask though, do we know if those Minimates sets always use characters ONLY from said movies/shows in those type of ''waves''? I ask because I know Marvel Legends sometimes does these waves for certain movies, but they also add other characters who are not in the movies for some reason. So I guess that depending on how Minimates promotes their products, we could get a clue if this is a spoiler for the show or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The Captain Marvel reboots are indeed weird. Because for the most part they have sold only moderately. Wanda's sold about the same, and had a different artist each issue. It also wasn't really promoted as much.
    I don't think you can really compare this with the Captain Marvel push because Carol started to get a push after she was announced as the first female character to get her solo film in the MCU, which was a very, very big deal at the time (and there was no Marvel Studios shows back then). Marvel knew Carol was about to make history, so she probably got a special treatment because of it. Also, as much as I love WandaVision, it is being promoted as a mini-series, not a franchise that Wanda will headline for several years to come, which IS the case for Captain Marvel, so that's also something Carol has in her favor that Wanda doesn't.

None of that excuses the lack of content for Wanda right now, of course. They absolutely should've given her AT LEAST a mini-series to promote the show. I didn't expect her to have the Captain Marvel treatment, but to see her not getting any treatment at all is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I am going to take a guess that Marvel publishing is in the same boat we are: waiting to see what becomes of Wanda in the MCU. (Maybe Feige has told some of them, but I doubt it's trickled down to their publishing plans yet.)
    I'm starting to believe this more and more. I think it's possible there might be some kind of standoff happening right now in the comics division, with people wanting to go in one direction with Wanda, while other people want to go in another direction. It's not even that they necessarily don't know what's going to happen with her in the show, but maybe they decided to wait and see what the fan and critic reception for Wanda will be this year after WandaVision, just so it'll become clear if Feige's vision for her is worth following or not.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-03-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think you can really compare this with the Captain Marvel push because Carol started to get a push after she was announced as the first female character to get her solo film in the MCU, which was a very, very big deal at the time (and there was no Marvel Studios shows back then). Marvel knew Carol was about to make history, so she probably got a special treatment because of it. Also, as much as I love WandaVision, it is being promoted as a mini-series, not a franchise that Wanda will headline for several years to come, which IS the case for Captain Marvel, so that's also something Carol has in her favor that Wanda doesn't.
    Carol for sure has something going on for years, but there aren't many main line female characters in the universe so there is room for both of them in comics and in movies/tv.

Wanda should be in an ongoing. She's gotten minis. They end and she goes back into storage.

Carol for sure has something going on for years, but there aren't many main line female characters in the universe so there is room for both of them in comics and in movies/tv.

Wanda should be in an ongoing. She's gotten minis. They end and she goes back into storage.
    Totally agree, also add Jan as well, Marvel seem to have no faith in her either

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Totally agree, also add Jan as well, Marvel seem to have no faith in her either
    Yep, and I don't understand that either. Jan was an uplifting presence. Named the Avengers, even named the Vision, Co-founded, chaired and funded the team at times. But doesn't deserve a spot?

Extraordinary Member

Yep, and I don't understand that either. Jan was an uplifting presence. Named the Avengers, even named the Vision, Co-founded, chaired and funded the team at times. But doesn't deserve a spot?
    If anything, Marvel simply doesn't respect the legacy and history of Avengers, it's more of a superhero dump team for whoever is famous enough at this point.
    Of course, famous classic Avengers always got their spot. Also by famous, I mean famous based upon a subjective standard by Marvel editorial, since Wanda hardly ever gets hers even when she gets more popular.

If I remember correctly Marvel even stated that they had no faith in Jan, hence the first Wasp on-going was given to Nadia with Jan as supporting cast. Unstoppable Wasp is still a fantastic book by the way

I'm not entirely sure who did the lineart but I was bored and decided to color this image. Wanted to share some comic Wanda content.

I never forget those moments. Love Jan. Love her relationship to the Avengers. My favorite team was the classic era with Wanda, Viz, Jan and the others. Up until/around AD, Wanda had tracked nearly the most time as an Avenger. Why did Bendix have to undo all that? I will never forgive AD, HoM, etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Disney's president of marketing publishes the cover of the 15th issue of "Scarlet Witch," which may have served as an inspiration for WV.

In the comic, Wanda faces a possessed boy whose lineage connects to the witches of old, and plans her future as an Avenger after the end of her adventure.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Disney's president of marketing publishes the cover of the 15th issue of "Scarlet Witch," which may have served as an inspiration for WV.

In the comic, Wanda faces a possessed boy whose lineage connects to the witches of old, and plans her future as an Avenger after the end of her adventure.

I wonder if they'll make a "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" book after the popularity of the show. It makes no sense for them not to have as much Scarlet Witch books and merchandise with the show. Maybe after they reveal her final look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, looks like the villain leaked... Careful on social media. It's like a toy leak. There's some people thinking it's fake but I doubt it.
    It's confirmed to be fake by Diamond Select Toys

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    If I remember correctly Marvel even stated that they had no faith in Jan, hence the first Wasp on-going was given to Nadia with Jan as supporting cast. Unstoppable Wasp is still a fantastic book by the way
    I don't remember them saying that. I do remember the infamous situation of Gail Simone being happy that Bendis killed her off.