Page 639 of 774 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    The andrew Garfield image was fake.
    Any source?
    We seen multiple people confirm it is and it looks real even w/ the chest moving when he's talking

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Why can't just one of these "leakers" make up something about Strange. It's his movie. Even if every single rumor about Wanda is true there must be some Strange rumors out there.

So very tired.
    Same way it's Tom's movie but no one is talking about him.It's all about Norman, Ock, Andrew, Tobey, etc. It's kinda how multiverse stuff will go, not to mention both Tom and Strange in their respective movies will mostly react to the main plot points instead of performing them.

It's not comparable to Tom Holland though. People are excited to see Tom interact with Tobey, Andrew, Molina and DaFoe. People get mad if Tom's character isn't interacting enough with his supporting characters or being too emotionally invested in the death of another character. They are their for his Spider-man, his journey and how his character acts and is depicted in the movie. These fan theorists don't care about Wanda and Strange the same way, they just see them as a gateway to seeing their real faves on screen.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I do like Wanda's "here we go again" line, at least she feels like a veteran who has seen shit.
    Don't know if they will follow up on Carnage about where Darkhold is, but I guess that run is better left ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I do like Wanda's "here we go again" line, at least she feels like a veteran who has seen shit.
    Don't know if they will follow up on Carnage about where Darkhold is, but I guess that run is better left ignored.
    Yeah, I loved Wanda's reaction. It reminded me of Combat Colin seeing the Mutant Master attacking; "Not him again, can't we get some new villains to fight?"

I understand in the comics Wanda’s soul is very "old" because she gives a day of her life every time she uses Chaos Magic, but I’m guessing "magical debt" doesn’t affect her like it does Doctor Strange. Are Wanda and Stephen the ONLY two magic users in the Marvel Universe who have "costs" in the use of their magic? I don't see any other magic users having these kinds of burdens. To be quite frank, I don't understand how Chaos Magic aging Wanda's "soul" actually affects her physically, emotionally and mentally. Would like to see this pursued.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-28-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's not comparable to Tom Holland though. People are excited to see Tom interact with Tobey, Andrew, Molina and DaFoe. People get mad if Tom's character isn't interacting enough with his supporting characters or being too emotionally invested in the death of another character. They are their for his Spider-man, his journey and how his character acts and is depicted in the movie. These fan theorists don't care about Wanda and Strange the same way, they just see them as a gateway to seeing their real faves on screen.
    You should see the Spider-man fandom, most of them only talk about who the best is and that they should be brought back.Heck I'd say it's much worse than Wanda.And tbh Wanda's arc going the way they say it will kinda makes sense MCU wise even though Wanda fans won't like it.

She looks better in these panels.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not all of us are excited to see Tobey & Andrew. I'm way more interesting in Spidey and Strange, or Scarlet Witch and Strange interacting

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I understand in the comics Wanda’s soul is very "old" because she gives a day of her life every time she uses Chaos Magic, but I’m guessing "magical debt" doesn’t affect her like it does Doctor Strange. Are Wanda and Stephen the ONLY two magic users in the Marvel Universe who have "costs" in the use of their magic? I don't see any other magic users having these kinds of burdens. To be quite frank, I don't understand how Chaos Magic aging Wanda's "soul" actually affects her physically, emotionally and mentally. Would like to see this pursued.
    Among the magic users, I think Illyana. She lost 3/5 of her soul (or maybe more if I'm not remembering correctly) forever to forge the bloodstones that granted her access to the dark magic (Belasco did it when she was a child). This lack of soul makes Illy to become more demonic when she uses more dark magic, or even full demonic at times (The Darkchylde). At one point in her history she had zero soul (after a resurrection in Limbo) and she was at an extremely dark place emotionally.

Pixie also lost parts of her soul in a similar way, having two bloodstones forged from her and a souldagger. Her magic is less advanced than Illyana's tho.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-28-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    You should see the Spider-man fandom, most of them only talk about who the best is and that they should be brought back.Heck I'd say it's much worse than Wanda.And tbh Wanda's arc going the way they say it will kinda makes sense MCU wise even though Wanda fans won't like it.
    It doesn't really make sense though. It seems like the MCU is trying to replicate Wanda's earlier years of not knowing her powers nor how to control them. For the character and who she is, it'd make much better sense for her to learn to control them then to stay a dummy that just never learns anything nor grows as a person.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Among the magic users, I think Illyana. She lost 3/5 of her soul (or maybe more if I'm not remembering correctly) forever to forge the bloodstones that granted her access to the dark magic (Belasco did it when she was a child). This lack of soul makes Illy to become more demonic when she uses more dark magic, or even full demonic at times (The Darkchylde). At one point in her history she had zero soul (after a resurrection in Limbo) and she was at an extremely dark place emotionally.

Pixie also lost parts of her soul in a similar way, having two bloodstones forged from her and a souldagger. Her magic is less advanced than Illyana's tho.
    Wow! That's really interesting. I've never heard of Pixie before, but I wasn't aware of how much Magik went through! Gotta hang on to your soul in the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not all of us are excited to see Tobey & Andrew. I'm way more interesting in Spidey and Strange, or Scarlet Witch and Strange interacting
    I just think nostalgia is a powerful thing. I'm sure you're aware of the popular long-running network crime drama: Law & Order: SVU. I suppose you can say that producer Dick Wolf is the Kevin Feige of the Law & Order franchise. Well, for the first half of SVU, it starred two characters Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) AND Christopher Meloni (Elliott Stabler). Well after leaving the franchise for many years, Meloni's coming back with his own show. Even though from what I understand, plenty of SVU fans DESPISE the Benson/Stabler combo (and its potential return), I think NBC wants to capitalize on nostalgia for this pairing from the earlier years of that show. I think something similar is SORTA happening with Spider-Man 3. Sony is probably banking on nostalgia, but lots of folks are like many current SVU fans. They've moved on, and they don't wanna look back. But studios kinda don't think that way. I personally do not enjoy the Sony Spider-Man movies. I think they are corny and dated. I must say I AM interested in seeing Daredevil and Spider-Man interact in a courtroom setting (should it happen). That would make sense to me in terms of the narrative (I didn't watch the Netflix Daredevil show, but there's plenty of history in the comic books to see Parker and Murdock work together). And I don't care who plays Murdock (although I understand Charlie Cox did a great job of playing him before).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-28-2021 at 12:03 PM.

This. Exactly. I'll believe when I see it actually happen. Sounds like garbage to me. I laughed tbh when I read it as it seems totally far fetched and someone trying to get people riled up and excited or worried or both.

Wanda and Vis Avengers #750 cover: