Page 640 of 774 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wow! That's really interesting. I've never heard of Pixie before, but I wasn't aware of how much Magik went through! Gotta hang on to your soul in the Marvel Universe.
    Oh yeah, Magik has a long and very painful story regarding her soul and psyche, but a very interesting and emotional one. Her arcs are a good read I always recommned. She is doing well now

I consider Magik one of those rare cases of female characters that have to deal with corruption, but the editorial let them have agency and a path, instead of fridgings, retcons, using her as the plot device for others or having them blatantly killed without sense. Well, she in fact died at a moment. A lot of years passed to have her back, but the progression of the story was a very good one, and Illyana is always at the center of it, of her own pain and healing. It feels good that a female character was allowed to have this agency in the proccess of her trauma. Maybe being a New Mutant instead of a classic Avenger or X-Men helped her a bit to not have so much editorial meddling in between.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-28-2021 at 04:04 PM.

totally agreement with maximofftrash comment about MoM leak being bad fanfic
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 09-28-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Originally posted by GenericUsername:
    I still dismiss it as bad fanfic. I think scoopers and leakers are like the old saying, Even a broken clock is right twice a day. People feel like if they get one or two things right that they know everything. But there are many factors into how it could go wrong. Even if they have a right scoop, it can become wrong through the course of development. I've been on the internet since 1996 and it's never been short of bs either.

-------------) Exactly. Like a super bad fanfic with zero 000000 imagination. Just rehashing a lot of tired tropes and crap.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 09-28-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wanda and Vis Avengers #750 cover:

Carmen Carnero's greatness <3

I just wish they'd put Wanda in the issues instead of just using her to sell variants.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It doesn't really make sense though. It seems like the MCU is trying to replicate Wanda's earlier years of not knowing her powers nor how to control them. For the character and who she is, it'd make much better sense for her to learn to control them then to stay a dummy that just never learns anything nor grows as a person.
    Same thing w/Spider-man as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not all of us are excited to see Tobey & Andrew. I'm way more interesting in Spidey and Strange, or Scarlet Witch and Strange interacting
    You are in an extreme minority on all platforms.It's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    I still dismiss it as bad fanfic. I think scoopers and leakers are like the old saying, Even a broken clock is right twice a day. People feel like if they get one or two things right that they know everything. But there are many factors into how it could go wrong. Even if they have a right scoop, it can become wrong through the course of development. I've been on the internet since 1996 and it's never been short of bs either.

-------------) Exactly. Like a super bad fanfic with zero 000000 imagination. Just rehashing a lot of tired tropes and crap.
    You don't have to believe it, probably not true and the broken clock thing is a good example but he was right about 2+ movies/series from what I hear, so that gives some credibilty

I just wish they'd put Wanda in the issues instead of just using her to sell variants.
    quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

You don't have to believe it, probably not true and the broken clock thing is a good example but he was right about 2+ movies/series from what I hear, so that gives some credibilty

every leaker is right once or twice if they throw everything against the wall. But they are all mostly wrong than right

Same thing w/Spider-man as well.

You are in an extreme minority on all platforms.It's not even close.

quoted for truth
    I'm totally with you on the lack of growth for Spidey. The perpetual teenager stuff becomes boring after a while.

The right about 2+ movies is about the average of the broken clock though. And that leak is so bad, it's like baby's first 3-D render. There is no way that's even a preliminary 3-D model for an official studio. And even then the model of the woman looks nothing like Wanda. Did you even get a close look of it? She has like this bloody scar down her face and this dark layered hair Wanda doesn't have. This is not real. Not in any sense.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Copied from a twitter user that wrote this under that tweet talking about that new supossed leak from an insider that got some things "right" before:

The guy who leaked ,correctly ,wandavision episodes 1 and 2 and dialogue from episode 7, said that evan peters was quicksilver from the fox universe and that another xmen is gonna show up in the finale with strange...I suggest we take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt

Extraordinary Member

You should see the Spider-man fandom, most of them only talk about who the best is and that they should be brought back.Heck I'd say it's much worse than Wanda.And tbh Wanda's arc going the way they say it will kinda makes sense MCU wise even though Wanda fans won't like it.
    Not the "we have it worse", "Wanda being a baby crazy pyscho killer makes sense" narrative here.
    Apply the same standards buddy.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-28-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    every leaker is right once or twice if they throw everything against the wall. But they are all mostly wrong than right
    Lol, I alone got two plot points in WV right, and I am not even a leaker who supposedly got inside information. It's just fan headcanon and random guess.

Hopefully that wish if fulfilled in Avengers Forever, but I hope it’s not 1 or 2 issues and she dips out. Though again with Aaron writing I think that would be for the best. I think they don’t put Wanda in is because you can easily put Doctor Strange in any magical situation or they prefer to use Magick because everyone likes her and her magic while powerful can’t do as much as Strange and Wanda and acts as a sort of comparison for level difference on the magical side . Though what Strange and Magick have that Wanda currently doesn’t is status. Both are Sorcere/Sorceress Supreme of their respective dimensions and other titles while Wanda has no in universe known grand title besides nexus being and that doesn’t do much for her in decades. Unfortunately most comic book readers either go by character feat or high status that attracts them to the character.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Advance spoiler free review. Wanda has a good showing here.

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...ck-magic-woman

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Oh yeah, Magik has a long and very painful story regarding her soul and psyche, but a very interesting and emotional one. Her arcs are a good read I always recommned. She is doing well now

I consider Magik one of those rare cases of female characters that have to deal with corruption, but the editorial let them have agency and a path, instead of fridgings, retcons, using her as the plot device for others or having them blatantly killed without sense. Well, she in fact died at a moment. A lot of years passed to have her back, but the progression of the story was a very good one, and Illyana is always at the center of it, of her own pain and healing. It feels good that a female character was allowed to have this agency in the proccess of her trauma. Maybe being a New Mutant instead of a classic Avenger or X-Men helped her a bit to not have so much editorial meddling in between.
    I honestly Want to see more Interaction between Magical Ladies Like Wanda, Magik, Pixie, Clea and others, their is much good rich story elements, lore and working off of each character that if given to the correct writer that has the will and imagination to think both good on the rich history of each lady, personal character development and good idea on how to write magic well and the mystical sides of marvel I greatly want a book like that and one we need now that the MCU is getting more into Magic.

I hope for something like it or similar after ToM is over.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

totally agreement with maximofftrash comment about MoM leak being bad fanfic

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Copied from a twitter user that wrote this under that tweet talking about that new supossed leak from an insider that got some things "right" before:

The guy who leaked ,correctly ,wandavision episodes 1 and 2 and dialogue from episode 7, said that evan peters was quicksilver from the fox universe and that another xmen is gonna show up in the finale with strange...I suggest we take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt
    Most of ALL of these Leaks are bad Fan-Fic or even worst like Political Talking Heads predicting what might happen due to sporadic facts and half-studied news sources, they get it wrong badly yet keep their jobs and never are held to account for getting so much wrong.

I get and love the love and concern for our Wanda in the MCU, but I would say to everyone lets keep a cool and loving head and wait to get concreate info straight from MCU Productions or Wait until the Teasers come out.

It is important to keep the love Alive, but not to let use get tangled in Internet commentary games just for clicks.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!