Page 641 of 774 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Oh yeah, Magik has a long and very painful story regarding her soul and psyche, but a very interesting and emotional one. Her arcs are a good read I always recommned. She is doing well now

I consider Magik one of those rare cases of female characters that have to deal with corruption, but the editorial let them have agency and a path, instead of fridgings, retcons, using her as the plot device for others or having them blatantly killed without sense. Well, she in fact died at a moment. A lot of years passed to have her back, but the progression of the story was a very good one, and Illyana is always at the center of it, of her own pain and healing. It feels good that a female character was allowed to have this agency in the proccess of her trauma. Maybe being a New Mutant instead of a classic Avenger or X-Men helped her a bit to not have so much editorial meddling in between.
    Yeah, GenericUsername did mention to me that Magik is one of the very few magic users in the Marvel Universe that's actually doing WELL. Which surprises me because I think the mystical corner of the Marvel Universe has always been treated as sorta like a less favored child in compared to its science/cosmic/crime oriented counterparts. I think it's because Marvel writers and editors keep forgetting the "rules" of magic in the comic books. I do agree that Magik being a New Mutant (sorta like a C-list team compared to its Avenger and X-Men counterparts) actually gives the creators some autonomy to do their own thing without worrying about huge crossover events too much. I think it's great that Magik has been immune to fridgings, retcons and deaths. Unfortunately, Wanda doesn't have that privilege.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-28-2021 at 09:10 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Advance spoiler free review. Wanda has a good showing here.

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...ck-magic-woman
    I read abit of it to not get to many spoilers for me, but it sounds like a promising start that is just getting his feat starting to walk on Wanda, the writer I mean Orlando. I am glad to see and hear such a good starting point showing, Thanks for this Shadowcat!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I honestly Want to see more Interaction between Magical Ladies Like Wanda, Magik, Pixie, Clea and others, their is much good rich story elements, lore and working off of each character that if given to the correct writer that has the will and imagination to think both good on the rich history of each lady, personal character development and good idea on how to write magic well and the mystical sides of marvel I greatly want a book like that and one we need now that the MCU is getting more into Magic.

I hope for something like it or similar after ToM is over.
    I would read the hell out of that book. A dream come true honestly. What is fun is that every magical girl (yes) has her own motifs and fields they specialize on, and they could dwelve further in that and propose scenarios where they could combine their different types of sorcery.

For example,
    -Wanda is the Chaos Magic MVP.
    -Clea is the sorceress of Dark Dimension.
    -Magik is the ruler of Limbo.
    -Pixie may not be a top sorceress like the others, but she has perfected herself with the Souldagger in such an useful way for a magickal team. And her fairy dust powers are hella cute.

You combine that stuff in a mission and you can get such a fun story.

I would read the hell out of that book. A dream come true honestly. What is fun is that every magical girl (yes) has her own motifs and fields they specialize on
    For example,
    -Pixie may not be a top sorceress like the others, but she has perfected herself with the Souldagger in such an useful way for a magickal team. And her fairy dust powers are hella cute.

Imagine having a team consisted of Wanda, Magik, Clea, Pixie and Nico Minoru against another group of famous villain ladies that are magic users: Enchantress, Selene, Morgan Le Fay etc

A mini event like that would be great

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I would read the hell out of that book. A dream come true honestly. What is fun is that every magical girl (yes) has her own motifs and fields they specialize on, and they could dwelve further in that and propose scenarios where they could combine their different types of sorcery.

For example,

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Imagine having a team consisted of Wanda, Magik, Clea, Pixie and Nico Minoru against another group of famous villain ladies that are magic users: Enchantress, Selene, Morgan Le Fay etc

A mini event like that would be great
    Marvel Needs to be taking these Notes Down NOW!

But I like you breakdowns of the teams and what they could do, I does lead to such a cool concept of Marvel making their own Magical Girl Team(Yes I meant to say Magical Girls, Love Anime Magical Girls My Favorite Superhero theme Characters!) would be a Cool Concept and they have a good demand behind them with Magic being promoted in the MCU more right now.

Marvel needs Fresh ideas and the unique story concepts from this, promoting long not used enough characters like Clea and even giving Young Ladies like Pixie a book to grown in and learn from other Magical Ladies to help her grow herself and have other both veteran Magical Ladies and younger magical girls be an awesome concept, like a Fantastic Team for Magical Ladies!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Marvel made a book with some x-ladies against a villain group that had enchantress selene, madelyne and others, so i don't think it will be that hard for them to do something like that again with all the magic heroines and vilIains

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    every leaker is right once or twice if they throw everything against the wall. But they are all mostly wrong than right
    Agreed, my point is the one who leaked the plot I posted was right twice and not wrong much.Probably fake, but I would not say it's an overwhelming majority.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm totally with you on the lack of growth for Spidey. The perpetual teenager stuff becomes boring after a while.

The right about 2+ movies is about the average of the broken clock though. And that leak is so bad, it's like baby's first 3-D render. There is no way that's even a preliminary 3-D model for an official studio. And even then the model of the woman looks nothing like Wanda. Did you even get a close look of it? She has like this bloody scar down her face and this dark layered hair Wanda doesn't have. This is not real. Not in any sense.
    Here here,

Also I was talking about the plot leak, the pic looks fake af.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Not the "we have it worse", "Wanda being a baby crazy pyscho killer makes sense" narrative here.
    Apply the same standards buddy.
    What do you mean, care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed, my point is the one who leaked the plot I posted was right twice and not wrong much.Probably fake, but I would not say it's an overwhelming majority.

Here here,

Also I was talking about the plot leak, the pic looks fake af.

What do you mean, care to elaborate?
    The plot leak itself feels exactly like the Mags is gonna be at the end of WandaVision. Complete with bad CGI though. So definitely not taking this one seriously. Plus, it's still not taken down.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Marvel Needs to be taking these Notes Down NOW!

But I like you breakdowns of the teams and what they could do, I does lead to such a cool concept of Marvel making their own Magical Girl Team(Yes I meant to say Magical Girls, Love Anime Magical Girls My Favorite Superhero theme Characters!) would be a Cool Concept and they have a good demand behind them with Magic being promoted in the MCU more right now.

Marvel needs Fresh ideas and the unique story concepts from this, promoting long not used enough characters like Clea and even giving Young Ladies like Pixie a book to grown in and learn from other Magical Ladies to help her grow herself and have other both veteran Magical Ladies and younger magical girls be an awesome concept, like a Fantastic Team for Magical Ladies!
    This is definitely a fun concept for Marvel to explore and if there can be an endless list of male-centric councils and cabals, they can certainly let some powerful women run an order or coven to maintain balance throughout the magical corner of the MU.

Would love to see Marvel's magical staples and magic adjacent allies in the mix. My quick roster would be:

Betsy Braddock - Captain Britain. The Protector. Reluctant psi-paladin.
    Ava Ayala - White Tiger. The Brawler. Legacy of a corrupting hand.
    Wanda Maximoff - Scarlet Witch. The Sorceress. Nexus aeternum of life and chaos.
    Illyana Rasputin - Magik. The Darkchilde. Harbinger of endless darkness or light.
    Lei Ling - Aero. The Lost Spirit. Myth reborn.
    Megan Gwynn, Pixie. The Fae Rogue. Shattered soul.

3 opposing "guiding hands" as supporting cast: Clea, Agatha Harkness, and Saturnyne

And plenty of dangerous magical adversaries: Morgan le Fay, Cthon, Belasco, the Enchantress, Merlyn, etc.

They can journey through the likes of Otherworld, Limbo, etc. and explore diverse cultures and their relationships with magic, mysticism, and mythology. Add in some gorgeous transformation sequences for added flavor too!

A book with Wanda, Magik, Pixie and Clea would be interesting. I would also throw in Jennifer Kale.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    This is definitely a fun concept for Marvel to explore and if there can be an endless list of male-centric councils and cabals, they can certainly let some powerful women run an order or coven to maintain balance throughout the magical corner of the MU.

Would love to see Marvel's magical staples and magic adjacent allies in the mix. My quick roster would be:

Betsy Braddock - Captain Britain. The Protector. Reluctant psi-paladin.
    Ava Ayala - White Tiger. The Brawler. Legacy of a corrupting hand.
    Wanda Maximoff - Scarlet Witch. The Sorceress. Nexus aeternum of life and chaos.
    Illyana Rasputin - Magik. The Darkchilde. Harbinger of endless darkness or light.
    Lei Ling - Aero. The Lost Spirit. Myth reborn.
    Megan Gwynn, Pixie. The Fae Rogue. Shattered soul.

3 opposing "guiding hands" as supporting cast: Clea, Agatha Harkness, and Saturnyne

And plenty of dangerous magical adversaries: Morgan le Fay, Cthon, Belasco, the Enchantress, Merlyn, etc.

They can journey through the likes of Otherworld, Limbo, etc. and explore diverse cultures and their relationships with magic, mysticism, and mythology. Add in some gorgeous transformation sequences for added flavor too!
    They can be Marvel's version of Lodge of the Sorceresses from Witcher, but actually heroic lol.
    That being said I actually want to see some magic user organization who are somewhat interested in real world power/influence, whether it's for their own benefits or for the sake of "greater good" of the world. Unlike your traditional fantasy setting, Marvel magic users usually aren't that interested in politics and other "Earthly affairs". That is for the potential villain/neutral groups of course, not the hero team.

Wanda had a fabulous showing in Alpha IMO today she was a COMPETENT leading lady! Also Doom Is just hysterical to me when written properly.

Well read the Darkhold and I liked it.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

I'm gonna read it later today. Wanda also is in the patch for Future Revolution today. She's only a NPC for now. But hopefully she'll be playable soon.

Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-29-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Excited to read darkhold the wait's been long enough, mine comes tomorrow. Hopefully after trial they put Wanda in more magical, horror, gothic type books.