Page 643 of 774 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693743 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well here's the thing. It could be a one off thing that is quickly forgotten or something kept. For it to be kept they'd have to have it a part of her powers a few times. Otherwise it'd be what use to be No Prize worthy. So there's no idea just yet if they mean for this to be a part of her powers now, or if it's some mistake. Since mistakes happen often in comics.
    Perhaps it's going to play a part in trial of mags that's why it was brought up here, darkhold was supposed to come out before trial maybe they brought it up to remind everyone.

No idea. It could go really either way with her powers and how they've changed them over the years.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I just interpret as Wanda using her TCC experience as comparison to what Doom is doing right now, whcich is equally dangerous.
    Also Wanda saying you stole my power is somewhat correct since she did have Life Force back in TCC, she no longer has it but it's still reasonable to make statements like you stole **** from me.

That is most likely. Since it'd make TCC make no sense otherwise.

The way it’s worded gives the impression she still retains ownership of it. Even though it is a good comparison there could have been better wording to use to reference Doom taking power that doesn’t belong to him. Though by both events is referring to him taking power that belongs to Wanda.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

She was in possession of it. Which could be what they mean. Otherwise they are going against TCC saying it's a borrowed power.

Wouldn’t be the first time a writer retcons Wanda’s powers in an attempt to add more to her arsenal

Anyways, i think she looked confident and powerful unlike her trial of magneto version...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The Life Force as mentioned earlier only was referenced in the Children's Crusade. My hunch is that since Bendis never explained how Wanda was so powered up for his Disassembled story, Heinberg just threw it in there to explain how powerful she was. Then he added Doom to the flashback as being the one she went to in order to bring Billy and Tommy back. Doom was never part of Bendis's Disassembled story. The only role he had was in a separate tie in, Fantastic Four HOM where his mother was alive as a sinister old crone who betrayed him and Valeria was his wife. But I suspect these entities were made by Wanda's powers. This Doom's face was normal so he/it probably wasn't the real Doom either.

I really don't like it when Marvel gets sloppy with their timelines. Doom was not even be available for Wanda to contact at that point in time. Doom was trapped in Hell going back to Mark Waid's Fantastic Four #508 in the Authoritative Action arc. He would not escape until JMS's Fantastic Four run which comes after House of M, etc. Disassembled is promoted on the cover of FF #517. Doom escapes from Hell in FF #536 and the Civil War event begins at this time. If one were to look at thing logically, Doom should have nothing to do with the events of Disassembled. The only reason he escaped Hell was because Mjolnir was careening through the universe & ripped into Hell on its way to Earth. Doom hitched a ride in its wake to escape Hell.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-29-2021 at 09:09 PM.

The Doom thing never lined up and I'd have preferred if they had just blamed Chthon. Then when they had to re-establish chaos magic (because yes it did exist) then they could have tied that story to the newly established lore when Chthon took over Pietro.

For Doom it's like he did nothing tho, the x-books never refenced his actions for M-day since that's what the children crusade and other books told us, that he was involved but no one from the x-side seems to care, is just all Wanda's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    For Doom it's like he did nothing tho, the x-books never refenced his actions for M-day since that's what the children crusade and other books told us, that he was involved but no one from the x-side seems to care, is just all Wanda's fault.
    Xbooks get a lot wrong about it so I'm not even expecting bare minimum there.

Darkhold was good! Kind of what I expected, but I guess that means I'm not disappointed. Wanda being the confident reasonable one guiding others when it comes to magic business feels like a breath of fresh air after that horrid Empyre tie-in. Getting to see Children's Crusade majorly reference is always a pleasure. Victorious meeting Wanda and being lowkey jealous was amusing.

I don't think it's a mistake nor a retcon when she mentions the Life Force. Just poor phrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Xbooks get a lot wrong about it so I'm not even expecting bare minimum there.
    They do when it comes to her character. Though Decimation they get partly right is that Wanda said the words. I can’t even buy the Doom did it cop out cause it just never sat right with me. AD/HoM also didn’t sit right with me. Hopefully Orlando will expound upon the Life force connection in Omega since he brought it up. I did like that Wanda is aiming to actually kill Chthon that the confidence I like to see in her as no human or any other current race has ever killed an Earth elder god besides another elder god

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    They do when it comes to her character. Though Decimation they get partly right is that Wanda said the words. I can’t even buy the Doom did it cop out cause it just never sat right with me. AD/HoM also didn’t sit right with me. Hopefully Orlando will expound upon the Life force connection in Omega since he brought it up. I did like that Wanda is aiming to actually kill Chthon that the confidence I like to see in her as no human or any other current race has ever killed an Earth elder god besides another elder god
    I think he just got the phrasing wrong and was just referring back to TCC. And it likely will not get anything beyond that. spoilers:
    With everyone now being driven mad by the book, I think that getting them back to the side of sanity is likely the focus. I like that Wanda can now read the book. And does want to kill Chthon. He should be her main baddie.
    end of spoilers