Page 648 of 774 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658698748 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    After reading Spencer's Spidey run and retconning Sins Past, I really wish someone would do the same for Wanda and Disassembled/HOM
    Spencer's run is great because it fixed the character(s) and relationships as well as retcon Sins Past and did a good enough Job on OMD that we can move on to Pre-OMD style stories and made a great twist in that Peter and her Kid Mayday are the ones who bring Mephisto down in the present and future respectively and hence he targeted them.

So for Wanda you'll need:-

1)A writer who gets the character and has read all the comics w/ her(Spencer read all ASM and it shows).Maybe Zeb IIRC
    2)They did do it in Children's Crusade, the real problem is no one cared for it and people like Wanda being the insane witch who took 95% of Mutant Population's powers/"birthrights" whereas all fans hate OMD and no other fandom cares for it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spencer's run is great because it fixed the character(s) and relationships as well as retcon Sins Past and did a good enough Job on OMD that we can move on to Pre-OMD style stories and made a great twist in that Peter and her Kid Mayday are the ones who bring Mephisto down in the present and future respectively and hence he targeted them.

1)A writer who gets the character and has read all the comics w/ her(Spencer read all ASM and it shows).Maybe Zeb IIRC
    2)They did do it in Children's Crusade, the real problem is no one cared for it and people like Wanda being the insane witch who took 95% of Mutant Population's powers/"birthrights" whereas all fans hate OMD and no other fandom cares for it either.
    We need someone who does know Wanda very well and not just the post Disassembled version. We need explanations on how she forgot her kids and where 15.5 million mutants vanished to. Children's Crusade tried but didn't really retcon what Wanda did, it just used the usual power crazy woman trope and hoped that was enough. Wanda needs a Phoenix/Parallax retcon

Comic readers definitely didn't like what happened to Wanda in HoM. People just didn't believe TCC because the timeline didn't line up with where Doom was at.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-01-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Spencer did what writers were too afraid: retcon sins past. That was great, I still couldn't believe that was canon.

Biggest problem with Wanda is that people dont want her to be innoccent. They can forgive almost all X-men villains but not Wanda

First Look At Iron Studios WANDAVISION Scarlet Witch Legacy Replica
    https://geektyrant.com/news/first-lo...legacy-replica

Marvel Revealed the Cosmic Power of the Scarlet Witch's Magic
    https://www.cbr.com/darkhold-alpha-s...-power-cosmic/

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What are everyone’s thoughts on Tormey’s art? First time I’ve read something by him, and I loved it.
    I liked it a lot. I follow him on Twitter and we've interacted a few times. One of the first things he did for Marvel was a War of the Realms tie-in called War Scrolls and it had a Doom story written by Christopher Cantwell. Like that one a lot too. I teased him a little about the colorist making Doom's eyes blue

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What are everyone’s thoughts on Tormey’s art? First time I’ve read something by him, and I loved it.
    I like it. He can still improve his art, specially sometimes on faces. It has clear lines, good sense of action and layout.
    I know he puts a lot of thought on composing the scenes, you cn see it on this issue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Comic readers definitely didn't like what happened to Wanda in HoM. People just didn't believe TCC because the timeline didn't line up with where Doom was at.
    I don't think that is the case, a lot of people think HoM is Wanda's "natural progression", despite how continuity breaking it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I don't think that is the case, a lot of people think HoM is Wanda's "natural progression", despite how continuity breaking it is.
    No, those are people that do not read. That try to tell us that was her using her powers, etc. Who have no idea of the previous or following comics that counter a lot of that stuff.

Extraordinary Member

No, those are people that do not read. That try to tell us that was her using her powers, etc. Who have no idea of the previous or following comics that counter a lot of that stuff.
    Oh, a lot of them read, just not about Wanda, I seriously doubt X-fans who simply do no accept TCC explanation really care about where the heck Doom was at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Oh, a lot of them read, just not about Wanda, I seriously doubt X-fans who simply do no accept TCC explanation really care about where the heck Doom was at the time.
    There are a few haters that like to hold on to that but they are getting fewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That does make sense, as MCU Vision's AI was originally JARVIS, who is based on... a butler (the Jarvis we know from the comics, who appeared in Agent Carter).
    Combat Colin! So you're a fan of Lew Stringer's work. Did you know he owns the character and is selling comics containing his old work?
    http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.co...-in-stock.html
    That's right! I think that was one of the best decisions the MCU made when it comes to diverging from the comic books. I thought it was a stroke of genius to have JARVIS become Vision. Tony's AI friend was a "character" MCU audiences were already familiar with and liked, so the transition was really smooth and natural. I'm extremely happy that they did away with the Vision's Human Torch/Wonder Man connections. They were needlessly complicated. And seeing the "real" Jarvis in Endgame was pretty cool too.

delete post

When in doubt, go with Doombot.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly feel like Wanda is one of those characters who is perceived as "Okay to shove misgonistic tropes on" because seriously a lot of rumors count on her acting like the textbook example of a mad woman and when challenged their response is usually
    "it's her natural progression."