Page 649 of 774 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 11598

The rumors are scaring me now tbh, to many insiders saying she's the main villain and we still don't have any l3aks about shuma gorath or actors playing other villains...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The rumors are scaring me now tbh, to many insiders saying she's the main villain and we still don't have any l3aks about shuma gorath or actors playing other villains...
    TBH I'm a little less scared than I was just because the rumors are so over-the-top. If they were saying she betrays Strange to get her kids back or something closer to her anti-hero persona from WandaVision I could believe that, but I don't see how they get to that rumor from any version of MCU Wanda. They just handwave it with "oh, the Darkhold" because they know it doesn't make sense.

Also I don't know if this makes it better or worse, but the "insider" who posted that rumor today has been saying Wanda is the next villain since before WandaVision even aired ("After what Scarlet Witch will do to the Multiverse, the heroes of the MCU will turn on her, which [will] lead her into a path of madness.") Maybe he has an inside source telling him all this and maybe it's one of many things like "Nightmare is the villain of WandaVision" that these same "insiders" passed on.

I get that you're worried, I'm worried too, but Marvel isn't going to tell us which l3aks are fake or not, so we can't go around believing the worst even when it makes no sense.

The "insiders" im talking are Grace Randolph (She usually just gets trailer dates right) and DanielRPK ( he was wrong about many things during WandaVision)

They're now saying that Wanda is the main villain and that she's chasing America chavez, Strange will try to protect her and that they're running away from Wanda... spoilers:
    also the old rumors about Wanda fighting Xavier and killing the illuminatis team
    end of spoilers

This is really making me kinda nervous and we still six months away from the movie...

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I don't know what to say. As I said, I'm nervous too, but I can't prove it's not true that she's a murderous villain threatening a child and Strange is running away from her. All I can do is ask myself if this sounds likely and I'd have to say no. If I didn't feel like nothing ever goes right for Wanda I wouldn't have even given it this much thought.

Anyway, none of these "spoilers" have much to do with Strange's story, and it's his story. If we ever find out what the movie is about we'll have a better idea of what is going to happen to Wanda. But it's not a movie about the Scarlet Witch going bad, so how would we even know what her arc is when we have no idea what the movie's actual plot is?

So my advice, which I don't take, is don't read "spoilers" because they make us obsessed with figuring out if they're false or true, and we can't. We'll just have to wait and then decide if the actual plot is too depressing for us to see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    TBH I'm a little less scared than I was just because the rumors are so over-the-top. If they were saying she betrays Strange to get her kids back or something closer to her anti-hero persona from WandaVision I could believe that, but I don't see how they get to that rumor from any version of MCU Wanda. They just handwave it with "oh, the Darkhold" because they know it doesn't make sense.

Also I don't know if this makes it better or worse, but the "insider" who posted that rumor today has been saying Wanda is the next villain since before WandaVision even aired ("After what Scarlet Witch will do to the Multiverse, the heroes of the MCU will turn on her, which [will] lead her into a path of madness.") Maybe he has an inside source telling him all this and maybe it's one of many things like "Nightmare is the villain of WandaVision" that these same "insiders" passed on.

I get that you're worried, I'm worried too, but Marvel isn't going to tell us which l3aks are fake or not, so we can't go around believing the worst even when it makes no sense.
    Their ideas about both Wanda and Darkhold are ill-informed and unimaginitive to say the very least.
    Yes, I am genuinely frustrated at how people will buy this kind of crap and think "it's soooo cooool".

Like fucking hell, I want to believe in the principle of "let people have fun" but jeez where are the standards?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I honestly feel like Wanda is one of those characters who is perceived as "Okay to shove misgonistic tropes on" because seriously a lot of rumors count on her acting like the textbook example of a mad woman and when challenged their response is usually
    "it's her natural progression."
    You keep saying it's "misgonistic" , could you elaborate?
    Also she's doing this for her kids IIRC

Agreed, the fact that no big news about other big villains is out is the biggest reason why I think they(the leaks) may be true

Their ideas about both Wanda and Darkhold are ill-informed and unimaginitive to say the very least.
    Yes, I am genuinely frustrated at how people will buy this kind of crap and think "it's soooo cooool".

Like fucking hell, I want to believe in the principle of "let people have fun" but jeez where are the standards?
    MCU fans will eat it up, they eat everything up.This is coming from someone who enjoys MCU

Ooh ruthless Wanda is gonna be a serve if it's true.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Agreed, the fact that no big news about other big villains is out is the biggest reason why I think they(the leaks) may be true

MCU fans will eat it up, they eat everything up.This is coming from someone who enjoys MCU
    I mean the stereotypical baby crazy mad woman trope, people in this thread are pretty familiar with it for the most part so I don't feel like explaining it for the most part.
    Also "doing it for her kids" is not an excuse, somehow mother characters are expected to shed all reason and sanity for their kids just because. If you cannot see the problem with that, then I wish no further conversation.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-02-2021 at 10:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

There are also no big news about anything what so ever, so they took advantage of that.
    Not saying AO3 and Tumblr should be trashcans for creative-bankrupt leakers/fan-theorists but they should really be honest with themselves and come out as fanfic writers.

Let them build up all these fantasies in their minds like they did with WandaVision. They are getting like Nintendo fans that never learn and end up disappointed with each Nintendo Direct.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Lizzie was involved in at least a month of the recent reshoots and this could be a pivot in response to reactions to WandaVision. I've heard and seen many of the rumors/leaks surrounding Wanda in MoM, but remember that a story can significantly change over the course of production. What a scooper might hear from their sources can and will likely change. Let's just hope Marvel listened to the overwhelming fan response to Wanda and her emotional journey and makes any appropriate course corrections to maintain that trajectory with respect.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt they had that in mind in the first place, and honestly if they listened to fan response they would have made Wanda the plot device for everybody's favs.

I'm here for whatever they do with Wanda villain/hero/antihero either way it's gonna be good.

The best thing to do about "leaks" is to just ignore them. Most of them are wrong, full on fanfics and most of them just copy off each other anyways

Extraordinary Member

I mean the stereotypical baby crazy mad woman trope, people in this thread are pretty familiar with it for the most part so I don't feel like explaining it for the most part.
    Also "doing it for her kids" is not an excuse, somehow mother characters are expected to shed all reason and sanity for their kids just because. If you cannot see the problem with that, then I wish no further conversation.
    Many heroes fall into tropes though, like loved ones dying leading to want revenge/justice trope for one.
    Are there any other superhero mom's who went insane for their kids loss, because I can only think of Wanda.It's a problem if it's done a lot, I agree.My question is why do you think "mother characters are expected to shed all reason and sanity for their kids", how many times have we seen this before?

There are also no big news about anything what so ever, so they took advantage of that.
    Not saying AO3 and Tumblr should be trashcans for creative-bankrupt leakers/fan-theorists but they should really be honest with themselves and come out as fanfic writers.
    Yeah, we can wait and see.But their are soooo many diff. sources saying the same thing which can either be just jumping on the train or credibility of leaks.The first looks will help