Page 650 of 774 FirstFirst ... 150550600640646647648649650651652653654660700750 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Many heroes fall into tropes though, like loved ones dying leading to want revenge/justice trope for one.
    Are there any other superhero mom's who went insane for their kids loss, because I can only think of Wanda.It's a problem if it's done a lot, I agree.My question is why do you think "mother characters are expected to shed all reason and sanity for their kids", how many times have we seen this before?
    Yes, it's specifically called the Baby Be Mine trope. And it's misogynistic as hell. Because it's born from this idea that women need to have babies so much. For Wanda, her being saddled with the trope didn't even make sense, because Vision was the one that wanted kids badly then, and still did after their relationship ended. So much so that he created android children twice.

Yeah, we can wait and see.But their are soooo many diff. sources saying the same thing which can either be just jumping on the train or credibility of leaks.The first looks will help
    A lot of these different sources aren't official sources. Many of them are the same rumor mill sites that got plenty wrong before. And some are fly by night pop ups that suddenly came into the scene. Others are just Youtubers trying to get clicks. It's not any actual sources other than trust me dude.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Many heroes fall into tropes though, like loved ones dying leading to want revenge/justice trope for one.
    Are there any other superhero mom's who went insane for their kids loss, because I can only think of Wanda.It's a problem if it's done a lot, I agree.My question is why do you think "mother characters are expected to shed all reason and sanity for their kids", how many times have we seen this before?

Yeah, we can wait and see.But their are soooo many diff. sources saying the same thing which can either be just jumping on the train or credibility of leaks.The first looks will help
    Fictional characters falling into tropes is like saying water is wet, trope is literally a creative pattern fictional characters follow, there are bound to be a few tropes that a character can fit into.
    What I was specifically talking about is outdated tropes that are still used, and you ask why, isn't those rumors exactly what people think of female characters that are mothers? It's very obvious I am talking about this matter using this exact example.
    Also like I said before, people have this mentality of "it's okay to shove outdated misogynistic trope on Wanda which they wouldn't apply to other female character", you saying it doesn't happen to other female characters are exactly what I am talking about.
    This used to be a trope which is common, but not that common nowadays(usually it emphasized the obsession of women having offspring to prove their worth and shit, which is also funny because this is exactly some casual think of comic Wanda according to HoM, my hot take here is just gonna be it's lonely dudes' self-projection lol, since I find men in general to be way more anxious/insecure about starting a family and have kids and shit), but somehow it's okay to do it to Wanda specifically, imagine everyone being treated like modern day citizens in democratic countries and you are the only one who somehow is going to be treated like a peasant under a dictatorship monarchy lol.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-03-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yes, it's specifically called the Baby Be Mine trope. And it's misogynistic as hell. Because it's born from this idea that women need to have babies so much. For Wanda, her being saddled with the trope didn't even make sense, because Vision was the one that wanted kids badly then, and still did after their relationship ended. So much so that he created android children twice.

A lot of these different sources aren't official sources. Many of them are the same rumor mill sites that got plenty wrong before. And some are fly by night pop ups that suddenly came into the scene. Others are just Youtubers trying to get clicks. It's not any actual sources other than trust me dude.
    Thanks, but Wanda wants family, and it's pretty understandable w/ loosing her parents, brother, bf, etc.
    I don't see a single superhero in that list?Did I miss something?

That's... what I said.Very likely it's fake as all leaks, just that we've had all credible leakers(in comparison to others) say it's true when usually not all of them jump in a single train.One or 2, like maybe Grace say they haven't heard or sommething.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Fictional characters falling into tropes is like saying water is wet, trope is literally a creative pattern fictional characters follow, there are bound to be a few tropes that a character can fit into.
    What I was specifically talking about is outdated tropes that are still used, and you ask why, isn't those rumors exactly what people think of female characters that are mothers? It's very obvious I am talking about this matter using this exact example.
    Also like I said before, people have this mentality of "it's okay to shove outdated misogynistic trope on Wanda which they wouldn't apply to other female character", you saying it doesn't happen to other female characters are exactly what I am talking about.
    This used to be a trope which is common, but not that common nowadays(usually it emphasized the obsession of women having offspring to prove their worth and shit, which is also funny because this is exactly some casual think of comic Wanda according to HoM, my hot take here is just gonna be it's lonely dudes' self-projection lol, since I find men in general to be way more anxious/insecure about starting a family and have kids and shit), but somehow it's okay to do it to Wanda specifically, imagine everyone being treated like modern day citizens in democratic countries and you are the only one who somehow is going to be treated like a peasant under a dictatorship monarchy lol.
    "outdated tropes"

Tropes are by definition :- a significant or recurrent theme
    Outdate is :- out of date

If a trope hasn't been used isn't common, specially in the Genre we are talking about here.Then the "it happens a lot" isn't a viable thing, because it doesn't.
    What other Superhero has used this trope, I asked you for examples but you didn't give any.....

"Isn't those rumors exactly what people think of female characters that are mothers?"

No, people think that because
    1)Her town stint, as in she didn't put a stop to it once she realized what's going on.[Not blaming her btw, I sure a lot of us would do the same thing as well]
    2)Using the Darkhold, not exactly reassuring of the character being in a good state of mind
    3)Hearing the Kids voice, which by her expressions seems like she found something she wants.

I don't see female mother being the reason, the literally set up her going to take her kids back.And we've already seen she's willing to pay costs that means harming other people.And the Darkhold being in play makes it a bit more cemented.And the films nature as being horror doesn't help, on top of the fact multiverse will be explored and it's good chance Wanda will either do it/ or take advantage to get her kids.

"It's okay to shove outdated misogynistic trope on Wanda which they wouldn't apply to other female character", you saying it doesn't happen to other female characters are exactly what I am talking about."

What?what mentality?No casual fan is even seeing this as a trope, and I've already explained why it's not much of a trope specially for superhero's.Unless you can give examples that is
    Characters have diff. struggles, not everyone will have struggles we feel they should get.

" it's lonely dudes' self-projection lol, I find men in general to be way more anxious/insecure about starting a family and have kids and shit"

Ngl, Sounds like a you problem.
    Also why would lonely dudes push this as a plot point, we've seen Wanda wants her kids back, and they set this up in the post-credits that it's involving the darkhold and the multiverse.Seems even if it's fake, it's based on her characterization and things set up rather than someone's personal bias.

"But somehow it's okay to do it to Wanda specifically, imagine everyone being treated like modern day citizens in democratic countries and you are the only one who somehow is going to be treated like a peasant under a dictatorship monarchy lol."

What?
    Widow was given away, kidnapped, tortured, made infertile(which also seems to be a trope) by the red room.You can say the same for her but no one is complaining.No one else in the MCU dealt w/ all this, why target her.
    Carol deals w/ memory loss, a trope if I've ever seen one.No one complains why she's being targeted.
    Because it's not targeted, diff. character go through diff. struggles that fall into tropes(some used more than others).No one is targeting Wanda, that's how the filmmakers have set her arc up.....

I remotely get what you are getting to "a outdated trope you don't like and feel is harmful(I agree it is) is being used on your fav".But using that as a basis to invalidate this direction makes no sense because casual audiences see it as a sympathetic motivation and not a trope because it's rarely if ever been used in recent films specially in the superhero Genre.Not to mention Marvel has set all this up and it feels consistent w/ what we have seen her do and her motivations.

I get you think it's a bad thing to apply,I feel the same.But that's the way her story has been built.She has enough loss behind her, and her charecterization shows that she would take risks for the kids.I don't think she's going crazy unless darkhold, just that she will take risks involving others to get what she wants.

I would be against this if they just threw this on her from like her first/second apperance, but they have done a good job of building it up IMO.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-03-2021 at 04:08 AM.

Just think of it this way Tony Stark just existing & being selfish has led to mass murder, & extinction in multiple universes now in What If anything Wanda goes on to do pales in comparison she'll be aight.

Also am I the only 1 who feels during the whole floating Darkhold scene Wanda was not at all searching for the twins? She looked genuinely surprised to hear their voices & then went into action IMO, I feel at that point she had let them go.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also am I the only 1 who feels during the whole floating Darkhold scene Wanda was not at all searching for the twins? She looked genuinely surprised to hear their voices & then went into action IMO, I feel at that point she had let them go.
    Agreed, it felt like she was at some sort of piece but she heard the voices and realized there's a chance and then she wanted it.Which tbf we all would.

Also as far as what extent Wanda goes too to get the twins back it's truly damned if she does, dammed if she don't cause the same people who would condemn her for doing the most to get them back, would condemn her for not doing enough if their being tortured or some shit, the key is to find a happy medium.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks, but Wanda wants family, and it's pretty understandable w/ loosing her parents, brother, bf, etc.

That's... what I said.Very likely it's fake as all leaks, just that we've had all credible leakers(in comparison to others) say it's true when usually not all of them jump in a single train.One or 2, like maybe Grace say they haven't heard or sommething.

"outdated tropes"

If a trope hasn't been used isn't common, specially in the Genre we are talking about here.Then the "it happens a lot" isn't a viable thing, because it doesn't.
    What other Superhero has used this trope, I asked you for examples but you didn't give any.....

"Isn't those rumors exactly what people think of female characters that are mothers?"

1)Her town stint, as in she didn't put a stop to it once she realized what's going on.[Not blaming her btw, I sure a lot of us would do the same thing as well]
    2)Using the Darkhold, not exactly reassuring of the character being in a good state of mind
    3)Hearing the Kids voice, which by her expressions seems like she found something she wants.

I don't see female mother being the reason, the literally set up her going to take her kids back.And we've already seen she's willing to pay costs that means harming other people.And the Darkhold being in play makes it a bit more cemented.And the films nature as being horror doesn't help, on top of the fact multiverse will be explored and it's good chance Wanda will either do it/ or take advantage to get her kids.

"It's okay to shove outdated misogynistic trope on Wanda which they wouldn't apply to other female character", you saying it doesn't happen to other female characters are exactly what I am talking about."

What?what mentality?No casual fan is even seeing this as a trope, and I've already explained why it's not much of a trope specially for superhero's.Unless you can give examples that is
    Characters have diff. struggles, not everyone will have struggles we feel they should get.

" it's lonely dudes' self-projection lol, I find men in general to be way more anxious/insecure about starting a family and have kids and shit"

Also why would lonely dudes push this as a plot point, we've seen Wanda wants her kids back, and they set this up in the post-credits that it's involving the darkhold and the multiverse.Seems even if it's fake, it's based on her characterization and things set up rather than someone's personal bias.

"But somehow it's okay to do it to Wanda specifically, imagine everyone being treated like modern day citizens in democratic countries and you are the only one who somehow is going to be treated like a peasant under a dictatorship monarchy lol."

What?
    Widow was given away, kidnapped, tortured, made infertile(which also seems to be a trope) by the red room.You can say the same for her but no one is complaining.No one else in the MCU dealt w/ all this, why target her.
    Carol deals w/ memory loss, a trope if I've ever seen one.No one complains why she's being targeted.
    Because it's not targeted, diff. character go through diff. struggles that fall into tropes(some used more than others).No one is targeting Wanda, that's how the filmmakers have set her arc up.....

I remotely get what you are getting to "a outdated trope you don't like and feel is harmful(I agree it is) is being used on your fav".But using that as a basis to invalidate this direction makes no sense because casual audiences see it as a sympathetic motivation and not a trope because it's rarely if ever been used in recent films specially in the superhero Genre.Not to mention Marvel has set all this up and it feels consistent w/ what we have seen her do and her motivations.

I get you think it's a bad thing to apply,I feel the same.But that's the way her story has been built.She has enough loss behind her, and her charecterization shows that she would take risks for the kids.I don't think she's going crazy unless darkhold, just that she will take risks involving others to get what she wants.

I would be against this if they just threw this on her from like her first/second apperance, but they have done a good job of building it up IMO.
    So many words for so many repeated points and you barely care to understand my points, so what the hell, why am I explaining shit again.

Extraordinary Member

"outdated tropes"

What?

How is Widow's narrative comparable again? She is the victim in her case and even her shady behavior is kinda handwaved away by Antonia being conveniently alive and her dad being a bigger piece of shit to her. Are people screaming villain accusation of her and demand her to be the next big bad for other characters?
    Why would fans complain about a sad and dark background? I am not talking about fictional characters having bad days and shit, do you even bloody understand what I am saying? Seriously, it's simply tiring to talk to you everytime and I don't really feel the need to clarify everything I say just so you can comprehend it way off.
    Not trying to be rude, but do you understand there is a difference between ficitonal characters suffering and being disrespectful to the characters and the group they are supposed to represent right? Which is why your Widow comparison is simply confusing as heck.
    And in case you don't notice, Black Widow always has way more showing when Marvel feels like promoting their girl power and stuff, what about Wanda, oh, she is the peasant under monarchy who clearly has no right and it's okay to forget about her lol. That's the difference.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-03-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Just think of it this way Tony Stark just existing & being selfish has led to mass murder, & extinction in multiple universes now in What If anything Wanda goes on to do pales in comparison she'll be aight.
    It's What If, the more appropriate anology would be main MCU Tony being a heartless warmonger.
    It's a tease at best which they will never come true in the main universe back then and no one is going to demand Iron Man of all people to play fiddle to others.

Extraordinary Member

Also people's understanding of Darkhold is literally just evil book that makes people do evil shit.
    And Wanda is that red lady who can bring me my fav, and muh comics say she is crazy and stuff.

Extraordinary Member

"outdated tropes"

What?

I am using "lonely dudes projecting" as a possible explanation of why said trope exist in the first place, which is not related to my other argument, it's a sidenote.
    Again, messy reading.

Extraordinary Member

I think any sensible person would interpret that as her doing her research on the prophecy and then the voice of the twins called to her.
    So yeah, you are not the only one.
    But again Youtube channels and fansites would interpret as anything but what is actually shown lol.

Wanda really should just be an anti-hero. All the lose she has been through has set her up to go to extremes to hold what’s close to her. Losing Pietro and having to watch Vision die violently twice and watching her kids disappear I wouldn’t put it past her to commit more questionably moral acts if she feels it’s what’s best for herself.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Why does losing shit makes characters anti-hero?
    All Avengers lose different kinds of shit and no one just shove the anti-hero tag on them?
    And seriously, are people just this desperate for her character to functionally die again? Because I don't.