Page 666 of 774 FirstFirst ... 166566616656662663664665666667668669670676716766 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 11598
    Incredible Member

Told you HOM killed the character. She's Magneto's Crazy Daughter now and forever. It sucks but it true. Bendis, amirite?

Page "666" for Wanda appreciation on my viewer. May it bode good things for Wanda in the months to come!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Is it wrong to hate TOM with each passing reveal and moment
    I have to catch up...haven't gotten issue #2. Do most of you like Magneto as her father? I don't.....it's not like he's been there for her over the years. They have such a weird history with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and esp when you remember that scene in Avengers #111 when he hypnotized her into dancing for him. I would like to see her history cleared up a bit more with keeping the High Evolutionary's involvement. I'm tempted to say that the Bob and Madeline Frank part should be retconned too but I think it is interesting to see her linked with a couple from Golden Age Marvel.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-12-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to catch up...haven't gotten issue #2. Do most of you like Magneto as her father? I don't.....it's not like he's been there for her over the years. They have such a weird history with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and esp when you remember that scene in Avengers #111 when he hypnotized her into dancing for him. I would like to see her history cleared up a bit more with keeping the High Evolutionary's involvement. I'm tempted to say that he Bob and Madeline Frank part should be retconned too but I think it is interesting to see her linked with a couple from Golden Age Marvel.
    I liked it when Bob and Madeline were thought to be their parents--a tie to the Golden Age with Superhero parents. But today, I guess that would make both Wanda and Pietro way too old...

There may be more involvement with the High Evolutionary, and I agree, we need to see some more info and get clarification.

Did Magda ever go to the Citidel? In the retcon, I was not sure. Did she give birth or just a refugee there?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I don't mind if they make each other consider each other family. I think they can do that in a tasteful way if they choose. I think having them considered family but not be biologically related solves the issue of Mags being rooted in WWII while they want to keep Wanda and Pietro younger (not sure why so young since they have kids but whatever).

I just hope it doesn't become a thing where Wanda becomes defined by Mags. And I think not being biologically related gives enough distance. She should have her Roma family. That should be her biological family. Her spiritual family will give her more avenue to have any sort of relationship with Polaris. Which I don't mind, since it wasn't particularly abusive. They don't really know each other. But gives Wanda enough distance to have her own thing on the Avengers side. Or supernatural side, whatever they decide.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I liked it when Bob and Madeline were thought to be their parents--a tie to the Golden Age with Superhero parents. But today, I guess that would make both Wanda and Pietro way too old...

There may be more involvement with the High Evolutionary, and I agree, we need to see some more info and get clarification.

Did Magda ever go to the Citidel? In the retcon, I was not sure. Did she give birth or just a refugee there?
    I did not. It made no sense for them to have American parents when they were both European. And yeah it also ages them too much.

It's not explicitly said where Magda gives birth. It's just on Mount Wundagore and Bova is the midwife.

I prefer the Maximoffs being their biological family. They've been their family in every way through every retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Told you HOM killed the character. She's Magneto's Crazy Daughter now and forever. It sucks but it true. Bendis, amirite?
    I won't judge that it's this until I see the context, because it might be a flashback to the hug earlier before Wanda is murdered. Also there were plenty of years where she was Mags kid where she wasn't out of control. They might just be sticking to the whole Mags considers her his daughter but they aren't biologically related.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I did not. It made no sense for them to have American parents when they were both European. And yeah it also ages them too much.

It's not explicitly said where Magda gives birth. It's just on Mount Wundagore and Bova is the midwife.

I prefer the Maximoffs being their biological family. They've been their family in every way through every retcon.
    Yeah, I have now come around to liking the idea of the Maximoffs as the Twins family. I loved from the very beginning, the Twins ties to the Balkans.(so I see your point regarding the WWII heroes)

I think there is still plenty of mystery surrounding them....

I like them as his kids because it's what I grew up with all the way back to tiny me playing X-Men Legends 2 Rise of the Apocalypse with Wanda & Mags always in my party!

I’m good with either them being family by biology or not. I just liked Wanda being mutant that was an Avenger. Though I always liked the concept of “found family”. The Maximoff’s where the ones who raised the twins, even though they are their aunt and uncle, they are still considered by the twins to be their parents. We know who the twins mother is, but not the father which is a big question mark for me. They really need to clarify what the High Evolutionary did to them and how he found their relatives cause I’m just not satisfied with some explanations about his experiments.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 10-11-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I’m good with either them being family by biology or not. I just liked Wanda being mutant that was an Avenger. Though I always liked the concept of “found family”. The Maximoff’s where the ones who raised the twins, even though they are their aunt and uncle, they are still considered by the twins to be their parents. We know who the twins mother is, but not the father which is a big question mark for me. They really need to clarify what the High Evolutionary did to them and how he found their relatives cause I’m just not satisfied with some explanations about his experiments.
    The words of a mad man hold little value honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I won't judge that it's this until I see the context, because it might be a flashback to the hug earlier before Wanda is murdered. Also there were plenty of years where she was Mags kid where she wasn't out of control. They might just be sticking to the whole Mags considers her his daughter but they aren't biologically related.
    That hug before she was killed was already a huge BS. All those years she never cared about Magneto, now she is crying in his arms? BS

Sometimes it is the only option.

Call me back when real comics are back, enough with fanfic
    Last edited by Writerblog; 10-11-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I can't say the hugs bother me personally. Wanda hugged Magneto in "Children's Crusade" and that seemed OK in the context of that story because he was one of the few people actually trying to help her in a story where the Avengers and X-Men were both portrayed as huge jerks to her. Characters sort of get soft-rebooted in every story, and especially characters who are as totally inconsistent as Magneto, so how Wanda reacts to him kind of depends on what the story is.

It's been obvious for a long time that "Trial of Magneto" isn't important, or they wouldn't have scheduled it to run alongside "Inferno." I can't say this bothers me either. If they had done it as a bigger story in 2020 that would probably have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    That hug before she was killed was already a huge BS. All those years she never cared about Magneto, now she is crying in his arms? BS

Sometimes it is the only option.

Call me back when real comics are back, enough with fanfic
    I don't buy the sudden change in her character nor position of him without build up. Because last we saw her speak of him, she was happy to not be his daughter. But it could be a moment of change of heart, it could not be even Wanda. I'm not gonna get upset unless I see the full context of issue #5. No matter what happens, I want her real family to stay intact. Fandom/standom whatever's obsession, her name has been Maximoff for decades and only ever was Frank before that. The Maximoffs were who raised her, no matter what. They should be her biological family considering they are the only constant.

I just won't hate it if she considers him family despite not being related. It's enough of a separation to hopefully not define her by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The words of a mad man hold little value honestly.
    Well I can believe that HE would experiment on children. That much is likely true. And was true even with the Magneto retcon. He was involved with that one too. The Maximoffs always raised them. The only thing the retcon really changed is where their biology came from. Which isn't a big deal, because that factor wasn't used that much, was changed a few times and again the Maximoffs were the only constant.

They can still have Mags be considered family and it'd please both sides.