Page 667 of 774 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667668669670671677717767 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 11598

How old where Wanda and Pietro when they were separated from the Maximoff’s? Cause I fell Marvel has moved their age. Didn’t Magneto have a picture of the twins as kids?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    How old where Wanda and Pietro when they were separated from the Maximoff’s? Cause I fell Marvel has moved their age. Didn’t Magneto have a picture of the twins as kids?
    Mags did not meet the twins until they were teenagers in the 616. There have been stories that forget that. And I think Magneto Not a Hero had something but that was not Wanda, Pietro or Mags. They weren't separated from the Maximoffs. They believed their family died in a mob created fire after villagers attacked them after Wanda's powers manifested. They then spent sometime homeless before being attacked again by a mob, and that's when Mags comes in an saves them. Then recruits them into the Brotherhood. They spend some time there (originally it was until their early 20s, now that time has been squished so no idea). Then they escape the Brotherhood, hide out in Switzerland and then answer Tony's newspaper ad to become Avengers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't buy the sudden change in her character nor position of him without build up. Because last we saw her speak of him, she was happy to not be his daughter. But it could be a moment of change of heart, it could not be even Wanda. I'm not gonna get upset unless I see the full context of issue #5. No matter what happens, I want her real family to stay intact. Fandom/standom whatever's obsession, her name has been Maximoff for decades and only ever was Frank before that. The Maximoffs were who raised her, no matter what. They should be her biological family considering they are the only constant.

I just won't hate it if she considers him family despite not being related. It's enough of a separation to hopefully not define her by him.
    I really think they need to develop it instad of drop it to serve the story. Nothing that I read from Wanda indicated that she would change about Magneto.
    I'm not a fan of romanticing Father/mother relationships.

Maximoffs can be interesting, writers just need to work on that.

Mags did not meet the twins until they were teenagers in the 616. There have been stories that forget that. And I think Magneto Not a Hero had something but that was not Wanda, Pietro or Mags. They weren't separated from the Maximoffs. They believed their family died in a mob created fire after villagers attacked them after Wanda's powers manifested. They then spent sometime homeless before being attacked again by a mob, and that's when Mags comes in an saves them. Then recruits them into the Brotherhood. They spend some time there (originally it was until their early 20s, now that time has been squished so no idea). Then they escape the Brotherhood, hide out in Switzerland and then answer Tony's newspaper ad to become Avengers.
    Personally I still count that as being separated cause later, in different years, they find them. Though HE is a mad man and he did experiment on them believing his words about the twins parentage is not without merit. We know Wanda inherited her mother’s magic and title, but who the twins father is still a mystery and will always be questioned until presented with an answer.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Magneto indeed has a picture of both of them as kids, but it didn’t implied that he met them when they were kids. The canon was/is still that he met them when they were attacked by a mob. Magneto holding that photo was shown just before Children Crusade when Doctor Nemesis told him about Billy and Tommy. He probably stole the picture from Pietro or something lmao.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes he has photos of them as children, they were shown to the prologue to Children´s Crusade by Heinberg but it wasn´t explained how he got them. He keeps them along with photos of himself and Magda.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

I did not. It made no sense for them to have American parents when they were both European. And yeah it also ages them too much.

It's not explicitly said where Magda gives birth. It's just on Mount Wundagore and Bova is the midwife.

I prefer the Maximoffs being their biological family. They've been their family in every way through every retcon.
    Honestly I kinda think the Maximoffs have more weight as the loving adoptive parents as opposed to Magneto being the shitty biological dad.
    Without blood relation, Magneto would just be that horrible ex-boss, seriously, who the heck develop daddy issues for their employers who exploited them? Back then Magneto is not even the viscous but respectable godfather patriarch type.

Which is why I will find it kinda weird if Magne ends up being her pseudo-family. Instead of estranged biological family, which I can also do without really.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly I kinda think the Maximoffs have more weight as the loving adoptive parents as opposed to Magneto being the shitty biological dad.
    Without blood relation, Magneto would just be that horrible ex-boss, seriously, who the heck develop daddy issues for their employers who exploited them? Back then Magneto is not even the viscous but respectable godfather patriarch type.

Which is why I will find it kinda weird if Magne ends up being her pseudo-family. Instead of estranged biological family, which I can also do without really.
    Maximoffs I consider their family. Bar none. Biological just cements what was already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes he has photos of them as children, they were shown to the prologue to Children´s Crusade by Heinberg but it wasn´t explained how he got them. He keeps them along with photos of himself and Magda.

Which didn't make sense but nothing about that era did. Since he didn't know them then. And their childhood home burned. Bova only knew them as babies, and didn't see them again until they were adults. There was nowhere he could have gotten the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I really think they need to develop it instad of drop it to serve the story. Nothing that I read from Wanda indicated that she would change about Magneto.
    I'm not a fan of romanticing Father/mother relationships.

Maximoffs can be interesting, writers just need to work on that.
    I am not a fan of how Marvel handles family dynamics at all. They never develop them. It won't change no matter who they make the twins biological father. Because they'll recall it only during special times, but leave it woefully underdeveloped otherwise.

Personally I still count that as being separated cause later, in different years, they find them. Though HE is a mad man and he did experiment on them believing his words about the twins parentage is not without merit. We know Wanda inherited her mother’s magic and title, but who the twins father is still a mystery and will always be questioned until presented with an answer.
    It depends on the perspective. Because you as a reader eventually learn that but they didn't know that and didn't know it for a while. It wasn't until Wanda lost her powers that they found out that Django was still alive. And wasn't until Wanda's solo that they found out that Marya was still alive. I hate the inherited magic thing. That never should have passed editorial. Having her Romani family have magic naturally just need abandoned and never thought of again. I'd prefer the father be Roma and them not have two European kids be half white, considering that wasn't very common based on severe discrimination. But somehow every Romani character in comics is half Romani for some dumb reason.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It depends on the perspective. Because you as a reader eventually learn that but they didn't know that and didn't know it for a while. It wasn't until Wanda lost her powers that they found out that Django was still alive. And wasn't until Wanda's solo that they found out that Marya was still alive. I hate the inherited magic thing. That never should have passed editorial. Having her Romani family have magic naturally just need abandoned and never thought of again. I'd prefer the father be Roma and them not have two European kids be half white, considering that wasn't very common based on severe discrimination. But somehow every Romani character in comics is half Romani for some dumb reason.
    Doom and his first love Valeria are Romani. Then there is Boris also and his daughter Petra, who we saw is one of Doom's staff.

Did the crayon wizards from Wanda's solo ever appear again

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Did the crayon wizards from Wanda's solo ever appear again
    No, they never showed up again

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doom and his first love Valeria are Romani. Then there is Boris also and his daughter Petra, who we saw is one of Doom's staff.
    I thought only Doom mom's was Romani.