Page 670 of 774 FirstFirst ... 170570620660666667668669670671672673674680720770 ... LastLast
Results 10,036 to 10,050 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Still it is strange that he hasn't attempted it. Maybe he's afraid of her being a human and what that would do for his reputation.

The conversation in SWORD seems to suggest that he might even subconicously. He mentions Anya and then immediately states that Wanda is similar to her along with his whole we can still pretend we are related statement
    Not at all, Anya is his first born child with the love of his life just after the war ended and they wanted to reconstruct their families, Anya and Magda are the first people he thinks about with the word family, of course he also thinks about Wanda, Pietro and Lorna in those terms but Anya was the child he saw being born and grow with him as her Dad, the fact marvel has not tried to bring her back was because she narratively speaking is the "Uncle Ben" of his origin story, her death made a big impact on his way of thinking and relating to the world going forward even if it didnīt directly lead to him deciding to become Magneto. If she was brough back to life again, something not yet possible because as starchilde said, she died a long time ago,before cerebro existed, he would treasure her a lot, maybe even spoil her a little, be it human or mutant, either way he will try to teach her how to survive and defend herself so history doesnīt repeat itself.

I think he mostly remembers Anya around Wanda because he felt equally helpless to save Wanda on the previous months before HoM, just like he was with Anya and thatīs very much the main similarity between them in his mind, that and the tone of their hair I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    You can't be serious, Anya being a human would never bring embarrasment to Magneto, he loved her more than anything, when she existed he was just a man surviving life not a mutant terrorist. She's not going to be resurrected anyway, is impossible to have a back up since she died too early, and years before Magneto even met Xavier.
    Exactly

The fact Magneto didnīt complain about Wanda being called a pretender doesnīt make sense when he bassically fought off the X-men to defend Wanda on CC after he worked a lot to be accepted by them. So I can only guess the answer was that "pretender" was an insult that developed between the decimated mutants after it was revealed she was not a mutant in reality.

Now outside narrative, itīs indeed strange that Wanda gets more fire than Cassandra Nova given Nove, killed way more mutants on Genosha than those who lost their powers on decimation.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-12-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Not at all, Anya is his first born child with the love of his life just after the war ended and they wanted to reconstruct their families, Anya and Magda are the first people he thinks about with the word family, of course he also thinks about Wanda, Pietro and Lorna in those terms but Anya was the child he saw being born and grow with him as her Dad, the fact marvel has not tried to bring her back was because she narratively speaking is the "Uncle Ben" of his origin story, her death made a big impact on his way of thinking and relating to the world going forward even if it didnīt directly lead to him deciding to become Magneto. If she was brough back to life again, something not yet possible because as starchilde said, she died a long time ago,before cerebro existed, he would treasure her a lot, maybe even spoil her a little, be it human or mutant, either way he will try to teach her how to survive and defend herself so history doesnīt repeat itself.

I think he mostly remembers Anya around Wanda because he felt equally helpless to save Wanda on the previous months before HoM, just like he was with Anya and thatīs very much the main similarity between them in his mind, that and the tone of their hair I guess.

Exactly

The fact Magneto didnīt complain about Wanda being called a pretender doesnīt make sense when he bassically fought off the X-men to defend Wanda on CC after he worked a lot to be accepted by them. So I can only guess the answer was that "pretender" was an insult that developed between the decimated mutants after it was revealed she was not a mutant in reality.

Now outside narrative, itīs indeed strange that Wanda gets more fire than Cassandra Nova given Nove, killed way more mutants on Genosha than those who lost their powers on decimation.

No one cares about Nova, writers can't milk it to get atention

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    No one cares about Nova, writers can't milk it to get atention
    Agreed I think that is part of that, still Cassandra should rightfully get more hate than Wanda and writers still try to make the telepaths redeem her for whatever reason, sigh. I have hope ToM ends with the last of decimation to let Wanda and the X-side finally advance. Leah said that she wanted to do this so I hope she gets to do at least this at the end of the story.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

It is just shows the hypocrisy of Krakoa when you look at the list. The Genosha Genocide is blamed on Bolivar Trask, a man who was already dead and actually died stopping the Sentinels. Also Wanda who is now a Pretender because she didn't know she wasn't a mutant due to experiments done to her is shown to be a monster while Sinister who experimented on himself to become a mutant, gets off the Mutant Massacre.

Extraordinary Member

Doesn't really matter at this point, she just needs the ticket out.

Wanda does not appear in Darkhold Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda does not appear in Darkhold Iron Man.
    That's disappointing to hear.

Darkhold: Iron Man felt like a nice call back to the original Darkhold series. I feel like Darkhold Omega is going to have a twisted design for Wanda, but I’m basing this of the synopsis.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Them being on the same panel doesnīt hurt their characters, itīs the context of the story and nuance or lack of nuance the thing that sells or not the scene for me. I will need to see more of them before saying if ToM will tackled this with nuance but the way it has handled Lorna and Magnetoīs relationship makes me doubt it. I at least have hope Leah will write Wanda with sensitivity and show whatīs that deal with Krakoa being linked to Wanda and I hope this has a link to Dr Strange own dead given how similar they were with a person using a sword.

On the Wanda and Magneto side, I donīt expect much, they will either end on bad terms again or in semi-good terms like the end of CC and maybe the thing that will change is Wandaīs perception on Krakoa, which is in part why the story exists.
    Lorna and Magneto’s relationship was already trashed before this in X-Factor. It just made it more apparent. By changing it over to what he feels about her and how well he understands her and away from anything greater it was always likely to go this way. I don’t think things are really salvageable until they have a common foe and mission again.

Anyway.

Last edited by jmc247; 10-13-2021 at 11:25 AM.

At least on a cover they have some interaction. We'll see if it's actually reflected in the comic and not some fake out.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's disappointing to hear.
    But it's a really terrific comic nonetheless. It shows how getting a writer out of their comfort zone and exploring everything from a new angle can pay off amazingly.

I see these one-shots as taking place as they read the Darkhold.

My biggest concern is that these all being character focused one-shots, Wanda, Doom, and Chthon will get squeezed in a hasty finale in Darkhold Omega.

WandaVision won a Harvey Award for Best Adaptation from Comic Book/Graphic Novel.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...award-winners/

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Lorna and Magneto’s relationship was already trashed before this in X-Factor. It just made it more apparent. By changing it over to what he feels about her and how well he understands her and away from anything greater it was always likely to go this way. I don’t think things are really salvageable until they have a common foe and mission again.

Anyway.

Yes we have talked about this already, Leah sees their relationship this way and worked towards it on X-factor even if those were like two scenes in 10 issues, even if it contradicts previous characterization but well, lest hope they have better luck in the future with another writer and keep them on their own corner in the mean time. Lorna at least has a good future on X-men by Duggan, I am still waiting to see where Magneto will end after the mess of Inferno and ToM. I hope even if he leaves the QC he can appear or stay on SWORD, by far my favorite title from this era and I just love Storm and Magneto interaction.

I really like that cover, hope Lorna interacts with Wanda on issue 4 along with Pietro, now if I could just keep Magneto away from this title, I would be happy.

I also loved Lorna being mad on the art for X-men #5
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-13-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Yes we have talked about this already, Leah sees their relationship this way and worked towards it on X-factor even if those were like two scenes in 10 issues, even if it contradicts previous characterization but well, lest hope they have better luck in the future with another writer and keep them on their own corner in the mean time. Lorna at least has a good future on X-men by Duggan, I am still waiting to see where Magneto will end after the mess of Inferno and ToM. I hope even if he leaves the QC he can appear or stay on SWORD, by far my favorite title from this era and I just love Storm and Magneto interaction.

I really like that cover, hope Lorna interacts with Wanda on issue 4 along with Pietro, now if I could just keep Magneto away from this title, I would be happy.

Oh, I fully expect some 'moment' between Lorna and Mags at the end of Trial of Magneto. But, shifting their relationship away from anything tangible really before this all the way back to Bunn means there is no guiding basis and can flip flop as we saw during the Hellfire Gala from one issue to the next. Their interaction right now obviously is meant as a contrast to loving and emotional Wanda/Magneto. But, again they are missing an underlying basis to their relationship in part due to the Genosha era being stuck in a memory hole.

They actually had a basis in the 80s and 90s of Wanda hating Mags for having her be in the Brotherhood in the 60s. It was overused and should have been put out to pasture well before HoM. In the run up to HoM she became Anya 2.0 and I think that status still exists in Trial of Magneto.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-13-2021 at 04:10 PM.

It contradicts even Hickman take on Lorna and Magneto, they seemed fine on Hox/Pox.

Between wanda, Pietro and Lorna I lways thought he had the best relationship with Lorna