Page 671 of 774 FirstFirst ... 171571621661667668669670671672673674675681721771 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Even though Michael Ryan's art leaves a lot to be desired (never mind how he draws the Pérez costume, he mistakenly drew her headpiece the way it was in "Heroes Reborn") I love Wanda's guest starring role in Jurgens' "Thor" (issue #19, from 2000). I think I know why, too. There aren't a lot of comics that show a truly fully-powered magical Scarlet Witch as a good guy fighting alongside other good guys. In Busiek's run her power levels were kept quite low, with no teleportation or other fancy tricks. And of course a few years later Avengers Disassembled happened and she's still trying to get back to where she used to be.

But Jurgens just makes her a true magical witch, with teleportation and all the rest of it, who is believably powerful enough to fight with and alongside the Asgardians, but not so totally overpowered that she's unusable as a hero. Too bad there aren't more stories like that. Even though I don't like the run in general, Remender did a good job with Wanda in Uncanny Avengers #4 when she fought with (again) Thor, like: this is what it would actually mean for Wanda to be on the Avengers but do more than make stuff blow up or fall down. Maybe someday we'll get more moments like that.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I do like Jurgens' Thor run in general and Wanda's depiction overall.(Also Thor/Wanda interactions are rare these days, so I kinda miss that, that relationship kind carried on with Magni/Kya in that future timeline.)
    Also Wanda has some sort of healing power in this era(also in Captain America and Falcon.)I also kinda like that, she is not a professional on that department but it's nice like a mage with basic healing power.(as opposed to an actual cleric class.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I do like Jurgens' Thor run in general and Wanda's depiction overall.(Also Thor/Wanda interactions are rare these days, so I kinda miss that, that relationship kind carried on with Magni/Kya in that future timeline.)
    Also Wanda has some sort of healing power in this era(also in Captain America and Falcon.)I also kinda like that, she is not a professional on that department but it's nice like a mage with basic healing power.(as opposed to an actual cleric class.)
    She also had limited healing powers during Busiek's run. She used in during the Kang War to help keep prisoners alive.

She also healed Cap's jaw after they fought the Wrecking Crew during Austen's run.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think it's some kind of "good luck" probability manipulation? Like stopping the injuries from worsening and stuff? Also maybe accelerating the healing process.

She healed billy injuries when they first meet too

Y'all know exactly in what issues she used her healing ability? I know the ones about Captain America's jaw and billy but i don't know the other times
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 10-14-2021 at 12:56 AM.

From Avengers Vol 3 #51. It doesn't go into much detail.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    But it's a really terrific comic nonetheless. It shows how getting a writer out of their comfort zone and exploring everything from a new angle can pay off amazingly.

I see these one-shots as taking place as they read the Darkhold.

My biggest concern is that these all being character focused one-shots, Wanda, Doom, and Chthon will get squeezed in a hasty finale in Darkhold Omega.
    It was horrifying, which means it did it's job.

Yeah unless we get them rolled into the other ones they will just be in the finale

Extraordinary Member

So I'm guessing this is the "very old" Cerebro backup version of Wanda, from when she and Vision were still together?

I thought that could still be Hope pretending since she looked surprised about the "wife"?, ...what but since the issue #4 teased that 'Two can't stand' and a variant cover of what it looks like two Wandas merging, it might a her back-up idk

Oof, if Wanda's lost her memory of everything since the 1980s, she's in for a shock when she hears about Wiccan, Speed, and Viv Vision. Vision doesn't just have another wife, he has three (surviving) kids, and two of them are Wanda's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    She also had limited healing powers during Busiek's run. She used in during the Kang War to help keep prisoners alive.
    It's not so much a healing power as a magic spell.

She's getting a trickle of chaos magic, even through the suppressor collar, and she's using it to fuel magic spells. One of the spells she's using is a healing spell.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This is creepy. "Oh the Avengers are here and asking questions, so let's ressurrect a very old copy of Wanda so it can fool them"

Yeah, honestly the event is really weirding me out. December can't come fast enough.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.