Page 688 of 774 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Grace is definitely trying to cover her behind here. Marvel movies typically have reshoots. This is nothing out of the ordinary. She's just trying to make a bigger deal out of it.
    Also, productions are slower now thanks to COVID.

Extraordinary Member

I'm just glad that hopefully this is a sign the "leakers" can move on from Psycho Killer Wanda and make up stuff about Strange instead.

Just as long as it isn't psycho Strange. But the focus of the movie rumors should be on him. It's his film.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm just glad that hopefully this is a sign the "leakers" can move on from Psycho Killer Wanda and make up stuff about Strange instead.
    Psycho Killer Wanda could work as an alternative variant but definitely not as the main variant

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They say the reshoots are making wanda and film in general less brutal which I can see. Raimi isn't a guy who(IMO) would hold back but Marvel wants Wanda to have the hero status after this, I mean the end dialogue w/ Monica in WV shows this.I was hoping for a redemption type arc, but they might just ignore it all.
    Don't know how I feel about that, they're gonna f*ck Raimi up like spider-man 3 did, aren't they...poor guy.

Fantastic Member

Wanda's arc is, seemingly about her struggling against an evil force (Chthon or maybe Shuma) trying to define and corrupt her ("forging"). The Darkhold calling her "Scarlet Witch" is that evil trying to define her, logically her arc should be about her defying the Darkhold, and defining "Scarlet Witch", which fits the journey of rediscovery the director of WandaVision talked about.

Obviously, Wanda will be out to save Billy and Tommy, and that will lead her down a dark path, but the Ancient One did say Strange is "the best of us", and him usimg his humanity to reach out to her develops his character, and helps her defy the Darkhold, and they become allies.

Wanda struggling against the corrupting influence of chaos magic is a compelling narrative, but Wanda going psycho is shallow, lazy, and destroys all the thoughtful character work they have done, turning her into a one-dimensional antagonist, one with zero story potential.
    Last edited by Relugus; 10-26-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They say the reshoots are making wanda and film in general less brutal which I can see. Raimi isn't a guy who(IMO) would hold back but Marvel wants Wanda to have the hero status after this, I mean the end dialogue w/ Monica in WV shows this.I was hoping for a redemption type arc, but they might just ignore it all.
    Don't know how I feel about that, they're gonna f*ck Raimi up like spider-man 3 did, aren't they...poor guy.
    I would choose characters over Raimi in a heart beat really, if the leaks about the movies are true to begin with and it's his vision, Raimi will lose my respect lol.
    Hopefully those nonsense is false and Raimi actually want to focus on the mystical squad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Wanda's arc is, seemingly about her struggling against an evil force (Chthon or maybe Shuma) trying to define and corrupt her ("forging"). The Darkhold calling her "Scarlet Witch" is that evil trying to define her, logically her arc should be about her defying the Darkhold, and defining "Scarlet Witch", which fits the journey of rediscovery the director of WandaVision talked about.

Obviously, Wanda will be out to save Billy and Tommy, and that will lead her down a dark path, but the Ancient One did say Strange is "the best of us", and him usimg his humanity to reach out to her develops his character, and helps her defy the Darkhold, and they become allies.

Wanda struggling against the corrupting influence of chaos magic is a compelling narrative, but Wanda going psycho is shallow, lazy, and destroys all the thoughtful character work they have done, turning her into a one-dimensional antagonist, one with zero story potential.
    It's honestly no wonder people's understanding of Darkhold is simply evil book that makes people evil without thinking about the narrative suggestion it holds.
    The same way that One Ring is not simply Evil Ring that makes people Evil, it's Frodo's journey carrying the ring that mattered.
    People, especially the fan theorist types, are way less creative and imaginitive than they would like to believe, they cannot even properly invoke the trope they want to talk about, which is already a simplified form of discussing storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They as in Grace Randolph. But Liz is shooting something else at the moment. So likely not there for these reshoots. It's most likely that once again, Grace is full of it. And just trying to cover her behind from being wrong, if her earlier predictions don't pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I would choose characters over Raimi in a heart beat really, if the leaks about the movies are true to begin with and it's his vision, Raimi will lose my respect lol.
    Hopefully those nonsense is false and Raimi actually want to focus on the mystical squad.
    If the leaks about Wanda being a bloody villain were true we should be blaming the Loki writer, directors just have to follow what the script says
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 10-26-2021 at 07:04 AM.

[Repeated post]

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If the leaks about Wanda being a bloody villain were true we should be blaming the Loki writer, directors just have to follow what the script says
    Not really -- writers have less power than the producer and the director, so the writer writes what Feige and Raimi tell him to, not vice versa.

So in the unlikely event that Wanda were a kill-crazy villain (which seems even less likely now that Randolph is backtracking) it would definitely be Raimi and Feige's fault first.

FCo5chkXEAIzCl9.jpg
    A new picture I found

The sooner these stupid rumours get quashed the better.

Doesn't look like a picture. Looks like fan art.