Page 690 of 774 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Don't nuns wear wimples, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Don't nuns wear wimples, or am I wrong?
    They do and that’s why it confuses me that Wanda is still considered to be wearing one. Rename it the “Scarlet Crown” or “Cosmic Tiara”, but a wimple is not something Wanda should wear due it’s symbolism that doesn’t fit Wanda’s current character.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

It's crazy they never made a story or gave it a meaning to the tiara, she was just a mutant with probablity powers that had that weird headpiece, now with how WandaVision gave it a meaning of the Scarlet Witch being a myth, the comics should do something similar, especially with how good the kevin wada tiara looks with all that jewels, maybe something about magic or protecting her mind

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It's crazy they never made a story or gave it a meaning to the tiara, she was just a mutant with probablity powers that had that weird headpiece, now with how WandaVision gave it a meaning of the Scarlet Witch being a myth, the comics should do something similar, especially with how good the kevin wada tiara looks with all that jewels, maybe something about magic or protecting her mind
    Yeah, I think long ago they said it was to keep Wanda's hair out of her face, but the Wimple back then went all around her head and neck. She did not have that much hair that it needed that type of support. But then, they did cover her from head-to-toe, and even her gown (body suit) had straps and her cape was much more wrapped around her neck. Maybe old Stan Lee saw a Nun and thought up Wanda's outfit?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-28-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    They do and that’s why it confuses me that Wanda is still considered to be wearing one. Rename it the “Scarlet Crown” or “Cosmic Tiara”, but a wimple is not something Wanda should wear due it’s symbolism that doesn’t fit Wanda’s current character.
    I don't think it ever really fit her character.

There are rumors swirling around Twitter that the next issue of Trial of Magneto might get delayed til December. And I hope not. I don't want Wanda being held hostage by this event clear into the new year.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There are rumors swirling around Twitter that the next issue of Trial of Magneto might get delayed til December. And I hope not. I don't want Wanda being held hostage by this event clear into the new year.
    Oh it’s true
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Oh it’s true
    It is getting delayed then.

These delays suck, but seems like the whole world is having logistic problems. On my country there is thousands of finished cars just lacking microchips to be fully ready to sell.

The worse part is that the book isn't fun like Darkhold, it is a total bore.

It's true, most books are getting delayed due to a world shortage on paper.

Everything is short. It's so frustrating. Understandable, but frustrating.

Might be time to go full digital then. And save the paper for trades.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    There is a lot of problems of going digitl, like the contract with PRH. We will just have to be patient

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I went digital when Marvel started to do it. It saves a lot of space in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    There is a lot of problems of going digitl, like the contract with PRH. We will just have to be patient
    I get and understand this, but, they won't be getting the business anyway right now. Or not as much of it with the shortage. It might be the best short-term solution until the shortage is solved.

Extraordinary Member

It's supposed to be Romani inspired, but heavily inappropriate for someone that isn't Romani. And if they want to be accurate, they need to have someone actually Romani put it together. I'm glad they tossed this idea.
    They were lucky Elizabeth Olsen asked them to use the classic Scarlet Witch costume instead, though I'm sure it wasn't because she knew it was offensive, probably more that she knew it would be a bigger deal for her to wear the classic comics costume she originally said she'd never wear (and maybe because she knew she would look good in it).

If they'd only cut the "Sokovian fortune teller" line that was supposed to go with that costume, there would have been no problem at all.

Anyway thanks to the costume change they ended up having at least two Scarlet Witch costumes that are perfect for Halloween, so I suspect we'll see a lot of both.