Page 734 of 774 FirstFirst ... 234634684724730731732733734735736737738744 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

It's hard to know because I haven't yet heard a believable story arc for her (and the trailer doesn't present any). Assuming it's not the worst-case scenario, maybe she seemingly dies or disappears while her sons are restored to the main timeline, and then they do a "Children's Crusade" search thing for the Young Avengers show.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's hard to know because I haven't yet heard a believable story arc for her (and the trailer doesn't present any). Assuming it's not the worst-case scenario, maybe she seemingly dies or disappears while her sons are restored to the main timeline, and then they do a "Children's Crusade" search thing for the Young Avengers show.
    Yeah I'm leaning towards that as well. I feel like they're not gonna stretch the plot of getting back the twins for longer, cause then they'll need to find a way to bring them back in another project. But if Wanda gets them back and just goes live happily with them... Well that feels more like an ending than a set up for future stories with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    SS Wong was from a Funko a 'leak' and they might be intentionally leaving out spoilers from these official toy reveals. I understand the desire to see everything revealed so far as proof that the leaks are false (because all of them are horrible for Wanda), but I'm still wary of being certain that any of them firmly do.

The best we have so far is leakers not (consistently) mentioning 'What If' Strange (the clip heavily hints that he's the main antagonist) and contested information 1. Strange asking Wanda for help, but leaks say he approaches Wanda after the battle with 'Shuma' in NY, this scene could contradict the premise of most leaks, but just as easily lead into a confrontation. 2. Mordo being alive, but leaks mention a 'variant' Mordo in the film. 3. Wanda traveling with Strange and America, but this could be Christine.

Otherwise we have 1. Gargantos (easily confused for Shuma Gorath with this iteration), 2. Christine's Wedding, 3. America on the run, 4. an attack on Kamar Taj, 5. a detained Strange, and 6. Wanda in clothing matching the pre-vis images.

I strongly want to latch onto any hint that proves the leaks false or straight up shows Wanda as a supporting hero in the film, but so far nothing firmly contradicts the leaks and many things line up - so while I'm not going to despair, because I don't think there's definitely no confirmation that she's a villain either, I'm not going to get my hopes up until there is firm evidence to contradict the leaks. My one hope is they understand that making Wanda a villain would be a disservice to her character and overall arc so far and would just play into tired problematic tropes of women, power, and instability. Also if the leaks are true and they continue to advertise this movie as Strange vs. evil Strange, they're going to be hit with a double-whammy of failing said expectation alongside the ire of people who have resonated with Wanda's story and are outraged with a problematic depiction.
    SS Wong was also in the Xavier leak. They don't seem to leave out spoilers from toys. Toys have to be ignored if you want to avoid spoilers. Because they usually do spoil.

Wanda seems to be wearing jeans instead of black pants. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything. I think it means more that the Xavier stuff would be really ridiculous. I mean does anyone actually believe they'll have Wanda snap Xavier's neck? lol
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Onto a more realistic discussion how do y'all see MOM ending for Wanda? Cause I been thinking about it IDK what their gonna do she's not gonna die, I think villain is not happening (maybe some questionable moral choices will be made but oh well ) do you think she'll save the twins & next time we see her she's good & happy, or will shenanigans happen & she's back to miserable cause I honestly don't know I could see either.
    It could be the rumored Midnight Sons thing, but no idea otherwise. I just hope it turns out well for her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Well, the clip with Mordo does show Strange being in chains like in the leaked concept art.

The art that also shows Mordo with short hair you mean? And the Ultrons that we have seen nothing of? I think some smaller things will be true but the majority seems pulled from someone's bum.

The things I do expect to happen:

The movie is still Strange focused.

That you have alt versions of the characters from the multiverse. Some of them evil versions.

I think it continues Spidey's story of having to shut down the multiverse impacting the main MCU verse.

Things I don't think will happen:

Wanda going around snapping necks and beheading people.

Strange impaling people.

Xavier, at all.

I have my doubts about Balder the Brave. While it'd be nice to have any version of him in the universe, I think they are content for some reason to ignore Thor's other brother.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-16-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think we'd better just not argue about the leaks, at least until we get some new ones (good or bad). We've already seen that as long as some things in the leaks are real, everything else in the trailer will be dismissed as "misdirection," so there's no point except to just trust that they wouldn't do that to a character that people are cheering for.

I never thought I'd say this but I wish we'd get a Trial of Magneto 5 preview, just to have something else to talk about. Waiting for the movie wouldn't be so agonizing if they'd put Wanda in a comic book, but I doubt she'll be in the new solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think we'd better just not argue about the leaks, at least until we get some new ones (good or bad). We've already seen that as long as some things in the leaks are real, everything else in the trailer will be dismissed as "misdirection," so there's no point except to just trust that they wouldn't do that to a character that people are cheering for.

I never thought I'd say this but I wish we'd get a Trial of Magneto 5 preview, just to have something else to talk about. Waiting for the movie wouldn't be so agonizing if they'd put Wanda in a comic book, but I doubt she'll be in the new solicits.
    It really doesn't matter to me because I find it funny that the leakers are now moving the goal posts. It's hilarious. No trust me guys, Wanda is still evil. It's just now Strange calls for her help but then realizes she's bringing demons into the universe, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I would find it funny if I wasn't worried that maybe they're right (I don't think they are, but you never know with Wanda).

If I knew for sure that they were wrong I would find it hilarious that their evidence she's evil is based on stuff like "she's wearing a lot of eye liner," "she looks serious when Strange asks her about the Multiverse," "she's wearing a shirt and pants," etc. But they'll just say that the reason every official release doesn't make her look evil is because they're saving it for a surprise. No way to prove they're wrong until May, alas.

If Marvel ruins their universe by pulling a Zach Snyder, that's on them really. They have far better going for them than the mess I read in those leaks. So if they seriously look at something like that and go, oh that's good. We should do that, then they deserve another movie getting bad ratings. So either way I'd find it funny.

I don't think they are, because they wouldn't work to redeem Wanda in comics that they say are now being impacted by the movies, if they are just gonna hit her with the villain bat. I think what is possible is someone did mistaken evil versions of the characters for the main MCU ones.

Also in that leak they go from Strange being dead to immediately eating pizza after. So it's such a horrid mess that it makes me laugh. I do really want to see what farming kids really is in the film too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If Marvel ruins their universe by pulling a Zach Snyder, that's on them really. They have far better going for them than the mess I read in those leaks. So if they seriously look at something like that and go, oh that's good. We should do that, then they deserve another movie getting bad ratings. So either way I'd find it funny.

I don't think they are, because they wouldn't work to redeem Wanda in comics that they say are now being impacted by the movies, if they are just gonna hit her with the villain bat. I think what is possible is someone did mistaken evil versions of the characters for the main MCU ones.

Also in that leak they go from Strange being dead to immediately eating pizza after. So it's such a horrid mess that it makes me laugh. I do really want to see what farming kids really is in the film too.
    By Zack Snyder you mean slow and pretentious?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    By Zack Snyder you mean slow and pretentious?
    By having a formerly heroic character snap necks and overall aggressive violence. Which I do not think Disney would go for anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    By having a formerly heroic character snap necks and overall aggressive violence. Which I do not think Disney would go for anyway.
    I agree Disney probably wouldn't go for it. I was just making a jab at the Snyder Cut

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Post credit spoiler:

spoilers:
    Doctor Strange is going to be the villain in the movie. The Scarlet Witch won't be the main villain I think. They were specific in saying that he was the evilest. The SM post credit scene just gives us that. It's as long as a trailer.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Post credit spoiler:

spoilers:
    Doctor Strange is going to be the villain in the movie. The Scarlet Witch won't be the main villain I think. They were specific in saying that he was the evilest. The SM post credit scene just gives us that. It's as long as a trailer.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The leakers who claim Wanda is the villain claim that's just a misdirect to distract us from the fact that Wanda is the real villain. They're never going to stop saying it.

What I find hilarious though is people on message boards claiming that What If Strange can't be the villain of the film because he was semi-redeemed at the end, but then claiming Wanda is going to go crazy and kill everyone. It's good to be a male character, you get forgiven for anything.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yep, it's exactly that. Male characters are sympathetic for the same reason everyone thinks female characters are villains. And MCU fandom loves that kind of sexist bs.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-16-2021 at 07:25 PM.