Page 74 of 774 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

strange academy 9 preview
    WTF is she wearing?

Wanda crumbs...

I think she looks cute

I feel like a man in a desert finding a small puddle. Satisfied to see it disappointed in content.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I feel like a man in a desert finding a small puddle. Satisfied to see it disappointed in content.
    Hey Covetous_One, Welcome to the Thread and CBR , I like your Avatar, Nice Choose!

Sometimes those smalle puddles we hope will lead to where the Waterfalls are, we can hope, but that is why the #WheresWanda campigan is important.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wanda crumbs...

I think she looks cute
    Honeslty I like the Look, has a 1970ish Style vibe to its look with those pants.

Also the headdress I think is kept to ID her as Wanda for those not well in the know, but makes the look alittle more instersting. But the Pink shirt is cute, going with her classic color scheme right thier, Very Original Power Rangers civilian like.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

That's...an outfit.

Like she was going for a pantsuit, corset, blouse combo with the headdress and it's just...kind of weird? Her normal costume would've been fine.

At least she's properly appearing in the book.

The cleavage of the "shirt" which seems to be her original costume makes it weird. But besides that I like it.

Extraordinary Member

Now I can hear Agatha laughing about this "Nanny look", we all get old one day my dear pupil!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

... a rare Wanda sighting. I feel blessed.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I like the high pants with the tiara and bun. I get what they were trying to do with the shirtkini top, but turning it into a vest kind of deal with a tie might help to pull it together.

So cutee
    New Twitter emojis

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF is she wearing?
    Good question. It's a bad attempt to merge her classic costume with regular clothes. It would have been better to ditch the top of her original costume and give her a Scarlet Jacket instead. As it stands it looks like she's trying to stuff her classic costume into her pants.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

spoilers:
    I knew they were going to say her headdress was Sokovian in the series. They're going to change it by the end because they've left it out of the promos. I just hope it's similar. I already don't really like her final costume. It's basically a copy of Vision's look with velvet gloves, which makes sense.
    end of spoilers

The complicated history of Marvel whitewashing Scarlet Witch
    https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/wan...mani-heritage/

What do you think of this?

Extraordinary Member

I think it's a huge stretch to call characters Jewish representation when they have never identified as Jewish at any point in their comics history. They were retconned into being Magneto's children and then, a few years later, a different writer retconned Magneto into being a Holocaust survivor. There has to be something more to it than that.

Their Romani heritage, while also the product of multiple retcons, actually does show up in the comics as something they identify with, so while "whitewashing" seems a bit of a wrong term for the situation, it's fair for people to be disappointed that this part of their background was removed, and then aspects of it were used anyway for characters without that background. They're not going to fire Lizzie and replace her but you can't blame people for complaining.