Page 762 of 774 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762763764765766772 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Also, just saying, if MoM variant Wanda is supposed to be Lore, I wouldn't mind Magneto being there and suggested to be the dad as well.
    XCU Magneto raised an equally genocidal daughter, now that's a proper daddy's girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Maybe mutants could have some non mutants in their teams.
    Mimic (though that is debatable), Longshot, Spider-Man, Omega Sentinel, Juggernaut, Lockheed, Danger, Hepzibah, Fantomex, Cloak & Dagger. Also for a while Jubilee wasn't a mutant

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's not even the worst change. Tony's parental change was pretty bad too. Actually a lot of the retcons and major changes to Tony did him no favors.
    I didn't mind Arno until Slott made him an evil douchebag

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    XCU Magneto raised an equally genocidal daughter, now that's a proper daddy's girl.
    Magneto wasn't a part of the lives of the X-Movie Maximoffs. Both timelines are the same until they split in Days of Future Past. The teenage Peter Maximoff didn't know Magneto was his father at that point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Magneto wasn't a part of the lives of the X-Movie Maximoffs. Both timelines are the same until they split in Days of Future Past. The teenage Peter Maximoff didn't know Magneto was his father at that point.
    Yeah, that's why the kids in the main XCU turned out alright I guess.
    I probably should say "would raise"

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Marvel hardly allows Magneto to raise his children but if we you want examples thereīs Magnus, a child of Rogue and Erik who became an hero but died on the first mission for exiles and he also kind of raised AoA Quicksilver and Wanda, they were also heros there. So I think if given the chance he does ok when it comes to raising children but marvel will try to kill off his kids still for drama, thatīs the downside to it.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Marvel hardly allows Magneto to raise his children but if we you want examples thereīs Magnus, a child of Rogue and Erik who became an hero but died on the first mission for exiles and he also kind of raised AoA Quicksilver and Wanda, they were also heros there. So I think if given the chance he does ok when it comes to raising children but marvel will try to kill off his kids still for drama, thatīs the downside to it.
    Yeah, usually the kids he actually raised tend to die an early death, I used to specifically joke about AoA Wanda's dying words essentially being "bang my besite daddy." He is essentially a tragedy magnet(pun intended) that the kids he actually raised tend to be victims to fuel said tragedy. But it's kinda his fault narratively speaking when he is supposed to be the MC.(Or say, he reverse-"Uncled Ben"ed his kids by metaphysically making them the tragic backdrops of his stories.)

I am more or less talking about XCU Magneto being pretty genocidal especially in Apocalypse. As a matter of fact I wish the Illuminati in MoM all being bunch of war criminals screaming "greater good" while doing horrendous ****(basically the idea of Illuminati without all the layers of sugarcoating), XCU Magneto will unironically fit that type of group.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-24-2021 at 03:59 AM.

Spectacular Member

I am more or less talking about XCU Magneto being pretty genocidal especially in Apocalypse. As a matter of fact I wish the Illuminati in MoM all being bunch of war criminals screaming "greater good" while doing horrendous ****(basically the idea of Illuminati without all the layers of sugarcoating), XCU Magneto will unironically fit that type of group.
    Spoilers for No Way Home/Hawkeye
    spoilers:
    So basically, after the MCU gave a love letter to fans of both the Tobey Spider-Man and Andrew Spider-Man while also making parts of the Marvel Netflix canon, you want the MCU to purposely screw over the fans of the X-Men movies and potentially fans of the Fantastic Four movies? Even after they used Evan Peters, who played one of the most popular characters in the X-Men moves, for a dick joke. That does not sound like a very smart marketing move.

Also, Erik's arc in Apocalypse is pretty similar to Wanda's. In a moment of intense grief Erik abuses his powers. He continues to run from his pain. It is only when he sees how much harm his actions are causing that he makes the right choice, though the damage is already done. Then the sympathetic "heroic" character lets him run off. The scale is different but the overall beats are pretty similar.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Maybe mutants could have some non mutants in their teams.
    Avengers Unity Division did this well. It would be interesting to see an X-Men Unity Division. I'm shocked they haven't done it in the X-Men push, but they just made Moira a mutant, and made humans personas non grata in mutant territory. So unity was the last thing the X-Office wanted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Spoilers for No Way Home/Hawkeye
    spoilers:
    So basically, after the MCU gave a love letter to fans of both the Tobey Spider-Man and Andrew Spider-Man while also making parts of the Marvel Netflix canon, you want the MCU to purposely screw over the fans of the X-Men movies and potentially fans of the Fantastic Four movies? Even after they used Evan Peters, who played one of the most popular characters in the X-Men moves, for a dick joke. That does not sound like a very smart marketing move.

Also, Erik's arc in Apocalypse is pretty similar to Wanda's. In a moment of intense grief Erik abuses his powers. He continues to run from his pain. It is only when he sees how much harm his actions are causing that he makes the right choice, though the damage is already done. Then the sympathetic "heroic" character lets him run off. The scale is different but the overall beats are pretty similar.
    end of spoilers
    Except XCU Magneto's arc is rehashed for like how many times? And he actually made the conscious choice to be genocidal. And of course afterwards Xavier didn't even give him a slap on the wrist. And of course his fans are no where nearly as harassed as Wanda fans afterwards as well, I could be wrong since I am not actively in Magneto fandom.

And of course a lot of fans fantasize about the great Illuminati patronizing Wanda about **** and she killing them, you know, like freaking House of M? I hope they subvert this **** lol.

For the record, I would rather them not being there at all in the first place because I am too happy to boot freaking everyone who is not part of the mystical lore, but if they are indeed there, subvert the hell out of the great man doing "greater good" trope.
    And why do they get to be mad and feel screwed over when they are too happy to use Wanda as the plot device to introduce their favs and gave no fucks about her when they cheer for "Reverse HoM" and her big screen character assassination?(And Ralph Bohner almost felt like Karma to me when I think about "Reverse HoM"/bring muh mutants types. I can sympathesize with Pietro/Peter fans though.)
    I don't want a dumb Wanda VS Xavier fight if I can call the shots, but if there has to be one, yeah, I will choose to throw baldy under the bus by making him an evil AU version. Because I value main MCU Wanda's much more, sorry, not sorry?
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-24-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I think I am being a bit too excessive recently.
    Should not bring up Magneto, after all I am a separatist and their portrayal doesn't affect me either way unless they will use Wanda as part of them.(Which MoM probably will.) I better wish for their none-existence in the actual movie.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-24-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Yeah the piss son should be getting to interact with her. He was angry in 4 and completely disappeared later as if he was a complete useless non entity.
    This is the 2nd time you done quoted me on some weird sh*t the haterade is strong.

Extraordinary Member

Except XCU Magneto's arc is rehashed for like how many times? And he actually made the conscious choice to be genocidal. And of course afterwards Xavier didn't even give him a slap on the wrist. And of course his fans are no where nearly as harassed as Wanda fans afterwards as well, I could be wrong since I am not actively in Magneto fandom.

And of course a lot of fans fantasize about the great Illuminati patronizing Wanda about **** and she killing them, you know, like freaking House of M? I hope they subvert this **** lol.

For the record, I would rather them not being there at all in the first place because I am too happy to boot freaking everyone who is not part of the mystical lore, but if they are indeed there, subvert the hell out of the great man doing "greater good" trope.
    And why do they get to be mad and feel screwed over when they are too happy to use Wanda as the plot device to introduce their favs and gave no fucks about her when they cheer for "Reverse HoM" and her big screen character assassination?(And Ralph Bohner almost felt like Karma to me when I think about "Reverse HoM"/bring muh mutants types. I can sympathesize with Pietro/Peter fans though.)
    I don't want a dumb Wanda VS Xavier fight if I can call the shots, but if there has to be one, yeah, I will choose to throw baldy under the bus by making him an evil AU version. Because I value main MCU Wanda's much more, sorry, not sorry?
    Also a less complicated sentiment, I demand Wanda to have the same priviledge as Liam Neeson's character in Taken or any other "hero dad that saves his little girl" character.
    The opponents of those characters are more often than not evil people who engage in shady **** to justify the hero's actions.(While on the other hand there aren't many action hero moms, and more often than not there are hysterical baby crazy moms who are even depicted as a danger to their own children.)
    Maybe more nuanced/layered than the stereotypical hero dad but she should have the basic framing of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just got the confirmation. I’m reviewing the upcoming Scarlet Witch book.
    So what we gonna do when the writer it's Leah... i think she's kinda overhated cause there are worst male writers that don't get the same treatment but still i want someone different to write it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    So what we gonna do when the writer it's Leah... i think she's kinda overhated cause there are worst male writers that don't get the same treatment but still i want someone different to write it.
    I mean, I think we Wanda fans are pretty fair in terms of our judgement, Leah is most likely not more hated than the likes of Bendis.
    The larger fandom, yeah, I believe there will be people who unironically cheer for HoM **** and then give Ms Williams ****.
    While make-believe fanfic(in terms of her depiction of the Magnus family interactions) is better than some straight up character butchering, it's honestly not much better. I prefer her hard earned solo after all these time not being yet another "get this over with" experience.