Page 763 of 774 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767773 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, usually the kids he actually raised tend to die an early death, I used to specifically joke about AoA Wanda's dying words essentially being "bang my besite daddy." He is essentially a tragedy magnet(pun intended) that the kids he actually raised tend to be victims to fuel said tragedy. But it's kinda his fault narratively speaking when he is supposed to be the MC.(Or say, he reverse-"Uncled Ben"ed his kids by metaphysically making them the tragic backdrops of his stories.)
    Sigh no really, marvel is just way too unimaginative when it comes to Magneto and his family, they either hate him or die an early death. Not a fault of the character imo or the relationship itself, itīs just marvel has not thought of writting them any other way, I find it funny how he can such great and nuanced relationships with no family members and at the same time have tired tropes when it comes to his own family, I guess marvel just doensīt like to do family stories with him without forced drama and AOA Wanda definitely didnīt say that, you are reaching greatly there honestly.

I am more or less talking about XCU Magneto being pretty genocidal especially in Apocalypse. As a matter of fact I wish the Illuminati in MoM all being bunch of war criminals screaming "greater good" while doing horrendous ****(basically the idea of Illuminati without all the layers of sugarcoating), XCU Magneto will unironically fit that type of group.
    He was being mindcontrolled lol but well I honestly donīt know how will the iluminati be despicted in MoM and the fact Magneto will probably appear in the movie doensīt mean he will be part of them, so far it looks like Wanda will have a confrontation with Xavier and Magneto may or may not have a cameo.

Also I get you are mad at Wanda being made a villain or an antagonist in the MCU and other stories in the comics but I honestly donīt think this is the fault of her link to Magneto or his family, HoM could have happened without Magneto himself, all they needed was a Wanda out of control and Avengers stories have tackled that story a lot of times since she was first possesed by Chton. Also HoM hardly had any actual family members, as a fan I was dissapointed because of this, it was a Wolverine story with some Avengers and X-men put in the mix, it could have easily be done with a cosmic cube instead of Wanda but they choose not to do that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-24-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Sigh no really, marvel is just way too unimaginative when it comes to Magneto and his family, they either hate him or die an early death. Not a fault of the character imo or the relationship itself, itīs just marvel has not thought of writting them any other way, I find it funny how he can such great and nuanced relationships with no family members and at the same time have tired tropes when it comes to his own family, I guess marvel just doensīt like to do family stories with him without forced drama and AOA Wanda definitely didnīt say that, you are reaching greatly there honestly.

He was being mindcontrolled lol but well I honestly donīt know how will the iluminati be despicted in MoM and the fact Magneto will probably appear in the movie doensīt mean he will be part of them, so far it looks like Wanda will have a confrontation with Xavier and Magneto may or may not have a cameo.

Also I get you are mad at Wanda being made a villain or an antagonist in the MCU and other stories in the comics but I honestly donīt think this is the fault of her link to Magneto or his family, HoM could have happened without Magneto himself, all they needed was a Wanda out of control and Avengers stories have tackled that story a lot of times since she was first possesed by Chton. Also HoM hardly had any actual family members, as a fan I was dissapointed because of this, it was a Wolverine story with some Avengers and X-men put in the mix, it could have easily be done with a cosmic cube instead of Wanda but they choose not to do that.
    I am pretty sure Apocalypse Magneto only really get a power boost from Apocalypse, he was not actively being mind controlled, the whole plot of Apocalypse kidnapping Xavier is that he want a powerful TP mutant as his next vessel.(And really, this is mainly about my recent experience of people keep insisting Wanda is a villain due to Westview and misinterpret her actions. So I start to drag every other movie characters' actions, mainly white dudes with tons of fans.)
    AoA Wanda's last words are a catalyst for Magneto/Rogue relationship, it's kinda a joke, but again she is the sad dead daughter and everything I see wrong with her role in Magnus family when written by certain writers, more recently Leah.(And maybe Ewing since he wrote that SWORD issue.)

(Also I am using terms like narratively his fault, I might as well say the narrative requires it or something like that, it's the off-page reasoning, not the in-universe blaming.)

My rant is more or less the accumulation of various factors, it's my answer to those who want her as the plot device and villain, my ill wish against theirs.
    But really I would prefer their none-existence in MoM, Xavier included.

The fandom sentiment to frame her as a plot device to introduce mutants and the obsession over her family connection ARE connected to her connection to Magneto, and HoM is more often than not the poster child of Magnus family. I know it's not your sentiment, but people often celebrate them at the same time, even in CBR where we are supposed to be actual comic readers.
    Also while I don't necessarily blame the family connection, she most likely would not be picked as the catalyst for HoM, it would stop at AD if she has no real connection to the X-franchise what so ever. Ultimately it's the writer and editorial's fault, of course.

Again, I wish for none-existence more than anything, because theirs is a relationship that at best that doesn't interest me that much, and at worst(not really the fault of the characters really, but they are still factors) hijack the character. I wish they do well as individuals, just not with any significant connections.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-24-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Marvel do believe that being Magneto's daughter is a reason for going evil. Twice they have used the tainted blood theory as a (possible) reason for both Wanda and Pietro going evil. (West Coast Avengers #34 and Avengers #503)

Christmas Scarlet Witch
    by
    leokearon

https://www.deviantart.com/leokearon...itch-719016625

Nollaig Shona to all of Wanda fans!

I am pretty sure Apocalypse Magneto only really get a power boost from Apocalypse, he was not actively being mind controlled, the whole plot of Apocalypse kidnapping Xavier is that he want a powerful TP mutant as his next vessel.
    He didnīt have Xavier level of telephathy but he definitely was influencing his horsements, thatīs why they followed him out of the blue without asking questions and thatīs also textbook narrative every time Apocalypseīs reunites his team and itīs the reason why Xavier called them his slaves. He augments their powers and mind controls them to do his bidding.

Wanda in westview is not a villain but she was not written as a hero either. Her wanting to get her life with Vision back was heartwarming and tragic but that didnīt mean what she did was right, sure I know she was not aware at first but she seemed to be under the understanding she was doing westview residents a favor and thatīs not true.

AoA Wanda's last words are a catalyst for Magneto/Rogue relationship, it's kinda a joke, but again she is the sad dead daughter and everything I see wrong with her role in Magnus family when written by certain writers, more recently Leah.(And maybe Ewing since he wrote that SWORD issue.)
    Rogue and Magneto only got together years after Wandaīs death, yes, they talked about her because she was important for Pietro and Magneto and because she saved Rogueīs life but Rogue could have married Gambit while being part of the team and support Magneto, she just choose differently.

My rant is more or less the accumulation of various factors, it's my answer to those who want her as the plot device and villain, my ill wish against theirs.
    But really I would prefer their none-existence in MoM, Xavier included.
    I understand and I donīt want to see her being a villain either, neither I want her to be on the X-books as a plot device, I like her character and I would like her to have her own stories thatīs why I am hoping the one who fights the iluminati is a veriant, which is quite possible.

The fandom sentiment to frame her as a plot device to introduce mutants and the obsession over her family connection ARE connected to her connection to Magneto, and HoM is more often than not the poster child of Magnus family. I know it's not your sentiment, but people often celebrate them at the same time, even in CBR where we are supposed to be actual comic readers.
    Comic book readers that are fans of the family or Magneto were not happy with HoM because it almost didnīt have them besides some scenes and the X-fans donīt really care about it beyond decimation because that affected their fave characters. The only fans I have seen that liked the story either was their first comic story and liked it as an introduction to comics, even if they like it less than before if they are Wanda fans or just know that story because itīs the biggest Wanda story, just like Dark Phoenix is the biggest Jean story and yes, her fans are also annoyed when she gets reduced to just be a phoenix host, the difference is that the music for DP already happened in the 80īs.

Also while I don't necessarily blame the family connection, she most likely would not be picked as the catalyst for HoM, it would stop at AD if she has no real connection to the X-franchise what so ever. Ultimately it's the writer and editorial's fault, of course.
    They did AD without Magneto in mind, it was just Bendis who wanted him there, at the time crossovers between the X and A side were extremely rare but yes I agree with you the fault is the editorial.

Again, I wish for none-existence more than anything, because theirs is a relationship that at best that doesn't interest me that much, and at worst(not really the fault of the characters really, but they are still factors) hijack the character. I wish they do well as individuals, just not with any significant connections.
    I understand but this relationship is non existent in the MCU, whatever happens with Wandaīs character there is just because of the story the writers want to tell and other than ToM, which was lackluster at best for almost all characters there, there has just not been interaction between them and now the X-men donīt have the pretender or decimation subplot anymore so Wanda is free to have new stories.

You have a right to be annoyed as a fan because the situation is quite tiring but honestly I think dragging the almost inexistent family connection as the cause for Wandaīs situation is like beating a dead horse and it will not help Wanda either, calling for new stories for her and good story plot points is going to do it for her, not anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Marvel do believe that being Magneto's daughter is a reason for going evil. Twice they have used the tainted blood theory as a (possible) reason for both Wanda and Pietro going evil. (West Coast Avengers #34 and Avengers #503)
    The Avengers titles do enjoy to bring it as part of their hel turn for her and Pietro to cheat out of them taking responsibility and I am quite sick of it, choice is part of acting evil, not blood and anyway, they are not related anymore so there goes the blood excuse.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-24-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

It could be a family thing they all can be A-Holes sometimes all of em, ironically I feel the only members of this family who hasn't truly done anything terrible to people at one point is Tommy & Luna. The rest of em, Pietro, Lorna, Wanda, Mags, & Billy though....... Shiiiiiitttttt!!

Tommy and Luna are the ones at the table only there to eat their potatoes. They don't want no part in the drama.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Christmas Scarlet Witch
    by
    leokearon

https://www.deviantart.com/leokearon...itch-719016625

Nollaig Shona to all of Wanda fans!
    Merry Christmas to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Tommy and Luna are the ones at the table only there to eat their potatoes. They don't want no part in the drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It could be a family thing they all can be A-Holes sometimes all of em, ironically I feel the only members of this family who hasn't truly done anything terrible to people at one point is Tommy & Luna. The rest of em, Pietro, Lorna, Wanda, Mags, & Billy though....... Shiiiiiitttttt!!
    Lol agreed they are like, we will be over there, call us once you are done with your drama

Merry Christmas everybody

I really like Wanda's new logo. I wish it had a hexagram too though

Extraordinary Member

They will once they get semi-popular, just wait.

They will once they get semi-popular, just wait.
    Luna will never be born in the movies so she's good, & Tommy will always be overshadowed by Billy as the fast twin, so he has a golden safety net IMO.

Extraordinary Member

Luna will never be born in the movies so she's good, & Tommy will always be overshadowed by Billy as the fast twin, so he has a golden safety net IMO.
    You would expect a character's safeguard against bad drama/character assassination would be immense popularity, not irrelevance. Sadly it works differently in Magnus family. I personally think it's the imbalance of the popularity/perceived value within the family members, and the divide of them between franchises.
    Which will result in them constantly costing each other while not even benefitting anothter.

Extraordinary Member

He didnīt have Xavier level of telephathy but he definitely was influencing his horsements, thatīs why they followed him out of the blue without asking questions and thatīs also textbook narrative every time Apocalypseīs reunites his team and itīs the reason why Xavier called them his slaves. He augments their powers and mind controls them to do his bidding.

Wanda in westview is not a villain but she was not written as a hero either. Her wanting to get her life with Vision back was heartwarming and tragic but that didnīt mean what she did was right, sure I know she was not aware at first but she seemed to be under the understanding she was doing westview residents a favor and thatīs not true.

Rogue and Magneto only got together years after Wandaīs death, yes, they talked about her because she was important for Pietro and Magneto and because she saved Rogueīs life but Rogue could have married Gambit while being part of the team and support Magneto, she just choose differently.

I understand and I donīt want to see her being a villain either, neither I want her to be on the X-books as a plot device, I like her character and I would like her to have her own stories thatīs why I am hoping the one who fights the iluminati is a veriant, which is quite possible.

Comic book readers that are fans of the family or Magneto were not happy with HoM because it almost didnīt have them besides some scenes and the X-fans donīt really care about it beyond decimation because that affected their fave characters. The only fans I have seen that liked the story either was their first comic story and liked it as an introduction to comics, even if they like it less than before if they are Wanda fans or just know that story because itīs the biggest Wanda story, just like Dark Phoenix is the biggest Jean story and yes, her fans are also annoyed when she gets reduced to just be a phoenix host, the difference is that the music for DP already happened in the 80īs.

They did AD without Magneto in mind, it was just Bendis who wanted him there, at the time crossovers between the X and A side were extremely rare but yes I agree with you the fault is the editorial.

I understand but this relationship is non existent in the MCU, whatever happens with Wandaīs character there is just because of the story the writers want to tell and other than ToM, which was lackluster at best for almost all characters there, there has just not been interaction between them and now the X-men donīt have the pretender or decimation subplot anymore so Wanda is free to have new stories.

You have a right to be annoyed as a fan because the situation is quite tiring but honestly I think dragging the almost inexistent family connection as the cause for Wandaīs situation is like beating a dead horse and it will not help Wanda either, calling for new stories for her and good story plot points is going to do it for her, not anything else.

The Avengers titles do enjoy to bring it as part of their hel turn for her and Pietro to cheat out of them taking responsibility and I am quite sick of it, choice is part of acting evil, not blood and anyway, they are not related anymore so there goes the blood excuse.
    Let's just hope ToM's ending IS indeed her ticket to freedom. At least make my journey of cringefest worhtwhile.

Merry Christmas to all Wanda fans and everyone who visits this thread!