Page 765 of 774 FirstFirst ... 265665715755761762763764765766767768769 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 11598

Why is it Wanda's job to bring mutants? IDK why everyone keeps trying to link her to that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Why is it Wanda's job to bring mutants? IDK why everyone keeps trying to link her to that.
    It isn't. But a lot of people love Wanda and also love mutants. They want to see a character they love do something positive for a group that they love.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think is mostly them seeing Wanda as the main "mutant representative" even if sheīs not a X-Character and they want to see her "No more mutants" moment in the comics reflected in the MCU in a poethic way but honestly thereīs no reason to think this, itīs wishful thinking at best. The MCU has gone out of their way to change the background of the characters while keeping the parts of them that make them unique. They donīt copy and paste comic stories. Also it would be a disservice to both Wanda and mutants, because mutants have a more worldwide story thatīs connected to the celestials and the Eternals and Wanda is way more than a plot device thatīs just there to bring in the mutants to the movies.

My ideal scenario to bring back mutants is that they have been around already but hidden, like on X-men Evolution and there are already some hidden mutant countries like Krakoa or Genosha, they could explain they indeed send some mutants to help with Thanos but wanted to keep a low profile and only Wakanda, Tīchalla and Shuri know about them.

Kevin Feige show in the internet page of Madripoor some mentions of mystique and Krakoa in the FAWS series so I expect this to be more usual until they make the official X-men movie.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-25-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    It really wouldn't be hard to do so in a way that is true to Wanda.

Big bad and the characters are traveling through the multiverse. The final battle takes place in one not the main MCU. Heroes realize the universe is just as inhabited as theirs and try to move the battle but the badguy prevents them. Heroes have no choice but too fight him here, but the also want to save as many as they can. Dr. Strange is the one that fights the big bad. Wanda creates a hex, but this one is meant as a life boat. Either through magic or one of the telepaths people are told to get to the hex. Quick cameos of the X-Men helping people get to the hex. The actors they don't want to keep get heroic deaths saving people. Dr. Strange beats the badguy as the universe is about to collapse. Wanda and America do weird power linking stuff to throw the hex into the MCU world. Once everything is settled Wanda discovers that universe's version of Billy and Tommy made it, but not their Wanda.

Mutants in the MCU. Wanda gets a major heroic feat. Dr. Strange is still the one with the big battle with the badguy. The Fox actors that they want to keep are brought over. The ones they don't want to keep get a heroic death for their fans.
    What does all of that do for Wanda though? Other than a feat. It's a concept not even for her but for everyone else. It doesn't forward relationships with anyone, it doesn't develop her magic. It just brings someone else's faves into the universe. When those faves could easily be brought in by themselves.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It isn't. But a lot of people love Wanda and also love mutants. They want to see a character they love do something positive for a group that they love.
    I wish they'd love her having some story development of her own without having to be saddled with a feat because they can't get over her powers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I don't think it's even X-Men stans that are so insisting about Wanda introducing mutants. It's more the hardcore MCU fanboys who were thinking the "aerospace engineer" mentioned in WandaVision would be fucking Reed Richards and think Loki is the best MCU show simply because it introduced a variant of Kang in the finale.

Most of them googled who kang is this year.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

My ideal scenario to bring back mutants is that they have been around already but hidden, like on X-men Evolution and there are already some hidden mutant countries like Krakoa or Genosha, they could explain they indeed send some mutants to help with Thanos but wanted to keep a low profile and only Wakanda, Tīchalla and Shuri know about them.
    You literally just described the inhumans.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Because Magento is the mutant king and they see Wanda as the mutant princess (which is why the retcon is frustrating to them), when I'm reality her magic is stronger than the MCU's Sorcerer Supreme and can destroy the Phoenix entity in the comics. It would be interesting to see her scream a species into existence, but mutants are supposed to be humankind's next evolutionary phase and not a magic trick.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What does all of that do for Wanda though? Other than a feat. It's a concept not even for her but for everyone else. It doesn't forward relationships with anyone, it doesn't develop her magic. It just brings someone else's faves into the universe. When those faves could easily be brought in by themselves.
    The point I was trying to make wasn't that she HAS to be used in regards to mutants, just that it CAN be done without requiring her to be retconned, permanently tying her to mutants, or in a way that is negative to either her or mutants while still being appropriate level for a Doctor Strange movie.

And I would argue it would further her magic as three times now they have had Wanda resolve to master her magic. It would be payoff showing that she finally has mastered her magic. It would also pull her out of the same story the MCU constantly does with her. It would show a constructive use for her ability to create a hex. It would further her relationship with America as the two work together to send the hex through the portal. It would also give her the sort of related and sort of not related relationship to Billy and Tommy, allowing them interesting interactions without permanently tying them together for future appearances.

The scenario I suggested wasn't meant to be a theory or something I remotely think will happen. It was just an example how potentially something could be done if they were going to go in that direction.

tl;dr I'm not saying she HAS to bring mutants, just that it CAN be done in a beneficial way to all parties.

The point I was trying to make wasn't that she HAS to be used in regards to mutants, just that it CAN be done without requiring her to be retconned, permanently tying her to mutants, or in a way that is negative to either her or mutants while still being appropriate level for a Doctor Strange movie.

And I would argue it would further her magic as three times now they have had Wanda resolve to master her magic. It would be payoff showing that she finally has mastered her magic. It would also pull her out of the same story the MCU constantly does with her. It would show a constructive use for her ability to create a hex. It would further her relationship with America as the two work together to send the hex through the portal. It would also give her the sort of related and sort of not related relationship to Billy and Tommy, allowing them interesting interactions without permanently tying them together for future appearances.

The scenario I suggested wasn't meant to be a theory or something I remotely think will happen. It was just an example how potentially something could be done if they were going to go in that direction.

tl;dr I'm not saying she HAS to bring mutants, just that it CAN be done in a beneficial way to all parties.
    It can't. Mutants should show up naturally.

Wanda bringing them just isn't a good concept compatible with mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Because Magento is the mutant king and they see Wanda as the mutant princess (which is why the retcon is frustrating to them), when I'm reality her magic is stronger than the MCU's Sorcerer Supreme and can destroy the Phoenix entity in the comics. It would be interesting to see her scream a species into existence, but mutants are supposed to be humankind's next evolutionary phase and not a magic trick.
    I never agreed with mutants being the next evolutionary phase because it makes the mutants creepy and makes little sense how long mutants have been on Earth
    Last edited by Writerblog; 12-25-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    You literally just described the inhumans.
    Itīs similar but not the same Krakoa, Madripoor, Genosha are all comic locations in the X-books, given we already saw Madripoor in the MCU and some cameos of mutants like Ursa Minor on Black Widow, I donīt think it would be hard to see other X-men locations before the first X-men movie. I could see Genosha or Krakoa already being part of the MCU and a member of the UN like Wakanda was before the Black Panther movie.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-25-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Itīs similar but not the same Krakoa, Madripoor, Genosha are all comic locations in the X-books, given we already saw Madripoor in the MCU and some cameos of mutants like Ursa Minor on Black Widow, I donīt think it would be hard to see other X-men locations before the first X-men movie. I could see Genosha or Krakoa already being part of the MCU and a member of the UN like Wakanda was before the Black Panther movie.
    Krakoa is nothing like Wakanda. It is s very simple concept using afro futurism that was planted onfirst Captain America movie

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Krakoa is nothing like Wakanda. It is s very simple concept using afro futurism that was planted onfirst Captain America movie
    Krakoa could either be as it originally was, a mutant island that feeds from mutant energy but isolated from the world or it could be a country it really depends on what the MCU wants to do with it, I am just talking about it because the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series already namedropped Krakoa in relation to Madripoor. Another possible location is Genosha. This is easier to introduce because it always was a country with a mutant and human population and it would not be hard for the MCU to use it to give some context.

I donīt think it will be hard for the MCU to introduce mutants naturally, they were hidden for the most part of human history until more of them were born in enough numbers to become part of the sociopolitical disccusion, before that the small number of mutants hardly called attention to themselves with a few exceptions like Apocalypse and Selene.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-25-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

I Just Wanted to Wish and Reflect with My Fellow Wanda Fans;

MERRY CHRISTMAS &
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Scarlet Witch Fans
    !

I just want to Wish & Thank You All Scarlet Witch Fans during this Holiday Seasons!

We also should take time to stop and as well Reflect on how Far we have come with how Beyond Important 2021 Has Been to Our Wanda!

From the Start of the Year who never Knew or Dreamed before WandaVision that our Magical Lady would go on to Break the Internet and Shot Up in Popularity and Love like Never in her History before where even in a Trailer for MoM she is getting Cheers and Love that is Bringing Down the House!

And Now we are ending the Year with a Story of Trial of Magneto #5 that seem by Marvel to have FINALLY Put an end to the Anchor that was Dragging Wanda Back and forth, HoM, That our Wanda has become the founder of Mutant Heave for the Lost Mutants of History, Giving 20 MILLION MUTANTS to the Resurrection Protocols to Krakoa, becoming the REDEEMER to Mutants! =D

This by Hopes Signals from Marvel the Intendents Now to End the weight back of our Wanda and Realizing her Popularity and Importance to Marvel Comics as a Whole!

We as Fans End in the Best and Most Hopefully Place we could have Dreamed of for our Wanda, it is Heartwarming that it is Such an Amazing time and Honored time to be a Wanda Fan with all of you and your never giving-up love for our Wanda! =D

Thank You all for this Year of 2021 and what we have all seen History being Made and being apart of! ^_^

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!