Page 766 of 774 FirstFirst ... 266666716756762763764765766767768769770 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,490 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    The point I was trying to make wasn't that she HAS to be used in regards to mutants, just that it CAN be done without requiring her to be retconned, permanently tying her to mutants, or in a way that is negative to either her or mutants while still being appropriate level for a Doctor Strange movie.

And I would argue it would further her magic as three times now they have had Wanda resolve to master her magic. It would be payoff showing that she finally has mastered her magic. It would also pull her out of the same story the MCU constantly does with her. It would show a constructive use for her ability to create a hex. It would further her relationship with America as the two work together to send the hex through the portal. It would also give her the sort of related and sort of not related relationship to Billy and Tommy, allowing them interesting interactions without permanently tying them together for future appearances.

The scenario I suggested wasn't meant to be a theory or something I remotely think will happen. It was just an example how potentially something could be done if they were going to go in that direction.

tl;dr I'm not saying she HAS to bring mutants, just that it CAN be done in a beneficial way to all parties.
    Feats don't enhance her magic. It's just her making wishes come true. There is no further training for her. Just showing her mastering her magic without the path there first would rob her of any progression. Let her have her own story for once without the one group of people she had the least to do with weighing her down.

Let them bring themselves in. As it should be, through some sort of evolution.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda doesn't need to do a reverse HOM, no-one does. Mutants were in hiding for years before they finally emerged. Professor X was a recluse until the presence of mutants was made public, a similar thing could easily be done in the MCU.

I've actually always thought the related/not related thing Wanda had going on with the twins was horrible cause the comics suck at dealing with it I feel so far the MCU has handled their relationship way better in 4 episodes than Marvel has done in 15 years making them Variants would be such a let down can Wanda get a win? Especially if people are saying their gonna villanize her to do it, it had better be her real kids.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wanda doesn't need to do a reverse HOM, no-one does. Mutants were in hiding for years before they finally emerged. Professor X was a recluse until the presence of mutants was made public, a similar thing could easily be done in the MCU.
    We've seen that story told in inhumans content. The Eternals also just had a movie of being super powered humanoids that were hiding for years before they finally emerged, and Wakanda was hidden for centuries/millennia before it made itself public.

The whole premise of mutants is that they're the next stage in human evolution, the humans are afraid of change and think the mutants will replace them therefore hating them. And humans breed mutants, so it would mean that for millennia everytime a mutant was born, a proto-Charles Xavier had gone and collected mutants to bring them to mutant Attilan aka Utopia, Genosha, Krakoa, etc. In other words it contradicts what mutants are, spontaneous appearing human offspring that have no knowledge of their power or how powerful they are.

But if they retconned them in the comics to be like inhumans/eternals, I can see them do it in the Disney movies. The whole hidden society thing was more Kirby-esque. Did he write more X-Men, or did Stan Lee write them more? Or was it equal?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I've actually always thought the related/not related thing Wanda had going on with the twins was horrible cause the comics suck at dealing with it I feel so far the MCU has handled their relationship way better in 4 episodes than Marvel has done in 15 years making them Variants would be such a let down can Wanda get a win? Especially if people are saying their gonna villanize her to do it, it had better be her real kids.
    Honestly I hope they make sense out of the WV ending, Tommy and Billy should not be variants because those voices sound like they are screaming for help.(Which is also weird because some MoM leaks frame it like she is stealing kids from AUs.)
    Personally I am hoping for a lost souls angle, so they can either let Wanda ressurect them somehow or let them be reborn in the past like in the comics or something.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-26-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly if they want to make sense out of the WV ending, Tommy and Billy should not be variants because those voices sound like they are screaming for help.(Which is also weird because some MoM leaks frame it like she is stealing kids from AUs.)
    Personally I am hoping for a lost souls angle, so they can either let Wanda ressurect them somehow or let them be reborn in the past like in the comics or something.
    I feel like either of those would be better than making them Variants, & like you said if they belonged to another Wanda why would they be crying for help that's stupid.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel like either of those would be better than making them Variants, & like you said if they belonged to another Wanda why would they be crying for help that's stupid.
    Yeah, and I hope they just say Wanda created the kids' souls, the Hex shutting down took away their material form but the souls simply got lost. But again I still doubt if MoM still has space for that plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    We've seen that story told in inhumans content. The Eternals also just had a movie of being super powered humanoids that were hiding for years before they finally emerged, and Wakanda was hidden for centuries/millennia before it made itself public.

The whole premise of mutants is that they're the next stage in human evolution, the humans are afraid of change and think the mutants will replace them therefore hating them. And humans breed mutants, so it would mean that for millennia everytime a mutant was born, a proto-Charles Xavier had gone and collected mutants to bring them to mutant Attilan aka Utopia, Genosha, Krakoa, etc. In other words it contradicts what mutants are, spontaneous appearing human offspring that have no knowledge of their power or how powerful they are.

But if they retconned them in the comics to be like inhumans/eternals, I can see them do it in the Disney movies. The whole hidden society thing was more Kirby-esque. Did he write more X-Men, or did Stan Lee write them more? Or was it equal?
    That's not what I meant and that's not what happened in the comics either. Mutants while existing for ages but they were either sporadic or they didn't know they were mutants. Mutants only came into the public knowledge with the Atomic Age when more mutants started to appear. At that time Xavier was a recluse following being crippled but when mutants started to get more into the public eye, it was only then he decided to actively train mutants.

The same thing can easily happen in the MCU. There aren't that many characters in the MCU (if any) that are actually born with their powers, as they start to emerge, the X-Gene is discovered, though instead of the advent of the Atomic Age that caused the rise in mutants it could be the Blip.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's not what I meant and that's not what happened in the comics either. Mutants while existing for ages but they were either sporadic or they didn't know they were mutants. Mutants only came into the public knowledge with the Atomic Age when more mutants started to appear. At that time Xavier was a recluse following being crippled but when mutants started to get more into the public eye, it was only then he decided to actively train mutants.

The same thing can easily happen in the MCU. There aren't that many characters in the MCU (if any) that are actually born with their powers, as they start to emerge, the X-Gene is discovered, though instead of the advent of the Atomic Age that caused the rise in mutants it could be the Blip.
    Yeah, this is completely different and how it should happen in the MCU. I don't think a major event or happening has to happen, like Wanda bringing them into existence, but rather them progressively appearing and culminating in a movie that talks about them being much more visible. Buy have it more of a steady increase. They kinda screwed Apocalypse, which could have been interesting to include in their first story, but I think they are going to make it a mutant movie and not an X-Men versus villain movie. They have to include the rest of the MCU in some way like The Eternals did.

This thread turning into more of a discussion about how mutants should come into the MCU than the next plot points for development of Wanda's own story is exactly why I don't want her anywhere near mutants.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

This is Another Trial of Magneto Video I originally posted in the Review thread and I feel is Important for Fans on Wanda's Marvel Comics Thread to View as well.

Recently I have become Reacquainted with a You-Tuber and Reviewer that I enjoy allot Blerd Without Fear!

But I Really got to know and Enjoy him not for Reviewing, but how he broke down each issue and built up the Lore to the story being told. Honestly I consider myself more of a Fan of Lore to any Comic or Pop Culture product then how the issue was reviewed, so Blerd was a Reviewer right up my ally and Honestly he is one of, if not the Best I have seen in this field of Lore in Comics so far.

I have viewed others tubers that are good since, but just his House & Powers of X Lore Reviews are simply Amazing and I Highly Suggest them to any fan wanting good breakdowns of each issue of that Amazing series!

He has also been Following and Lore Reviewing Trial of Magneto as well and his Review of Issue #5 Recently came out.

As Always it is Well Done and I feel he gives the Most Interesting Explanations by the end of the Video too of why this series might have been called Trial of Magneto as well, I Highly Suggest Fans to watch this video below of Issue 5 and catch his reviews of the other 4 Issues as well!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This thread turning into more of a discussion about how mutants should come into the MCU than the next plot points for development of Wanda's own story is exactly why I don't want her anywhere near mutants.
    They sooner the whole reverse HOM rumours stop the better.

I prefer Wanda as a Witch than a mutant but I don't mind her being related to Mutants. In the revamp thread, I just made her Magneto's granddaughter. Her father was Magneto's son but fled the Brotherhood because he couldn't handle the violence. He changes his identity and takes his wife's name. So I don't mind if the MCU does something like that.

Instead of Wanda, I'd use Proteus or Sentry as the reality warper bringing Mutants back. Or just have the X-men and the Brotherhood being survivors of another universe similar to the Fox verse.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I prefer Wanda as a Witch than a mutant but I don't mind her being related to Mutants. In the revamp thread, I just made her Magneto's granddaughter. Her father was Magneto's son but fled the Brotherhood because he couldn't handle the violence. He changes his identity and takes his wife's name. So I don't mind if the MCU does something like that.

Instead of Wanda, I'd use Proteus or Sentry as the reality warper bringing Mutants back. Or just have the X-men and the Brotherhood being survivors of another universe similar to the Fox verse.
    Unless Mags is Romani, that wouldn't work. Because Django is Romani. Mags has pretended to be Romani at one point but never was. Oleg is just Eastern European in the MCU. But MCU Wanda doesn't need the retcons that comics Wanda suffered.

Mutants don't need a reality warper at all. They didn't exist in the comics universe until they did and the comics universe had been going on since the 40s.

And again, all that becomes about how mutants are brought in and not story progression for Wanda. Because a retcon is not progression.

Extraordinary Member

To put it simply, while Magneto/Mutants may bring some storylines to Wanda. It's an overall bad investment.
    The risk is far too high and the reward is mostly fanfic fuel.