Page 768 of 774 FirstFirst ... 268668718758764765766767768769770771772 ... LastLast
Results 11,506 to 11,520 of 11598

‘WandaVision’ tops list of most pirated shows of 2021
    https://gulfnews.com/entertainment/t...021-1.84624426

Year-ender 2021: From Squid Game to WandaVision, the most talked-about shows of the year
    https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/tops...BingNewsSearch

If we believe the rumors about the people not liking the Test screening about the movie, maybe they changed some stuff and added new things with the re-shots of Strange

I also believe if the MCU showed Wanda some way all this time even with her incidents, and suddenly her being a an evil assasin in this movie wouldn't have been cool too.

Do any of y'all know how Sam Raimi handles the female characters? That will be important to know so we know what can we expect from him
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 12-27-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe, though I would find it weird if they got all the way to test screenings with a plot no one could possibly like except a very small minority of Very Online people.

So hopefully at least there's some context missing that makes the plot make sense.

Sims 4 Fan's Scarlet Witch Is What A Video Game Wanda Should Look Like
    https://screenrant.com/sims-4-scarle...da-olsen-game/

I'm fine with the video game versions not doing the uncanny valley thing. And I still prefer dark haired Wanda over the orange mcu stuff. She should look different in most games because most of them are not basing her on the MCU. They base her on comics and then give her some MCU costumes.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If we believe the rumors about the people not liking the Test screening about the movie, maybe they changed some stuff and added new things with the re-shots of Strange

I also believe if the MCU showed Wanda some way all this time even with her incidents, and suddenly her being a an evil assasin in this movie wouldn't have been cool too.

Do any of y'all know how Sam Raimi handles the female characters? That will be important to know so we know what can we expect from him
    The reshoots did not include Olsen, so I don't believe those rumors at all. They come off more like some people trying to cover their behinds just in case they are wrong in their leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The reshoots did not include Olsen, so I don't believe those rumors at all. They come off more like some people trying to cover their behinds just in case they are wrong in their leaks.
    I know but they can always cut her villain scenes and add some Strange/ Evil strange scenes, since Benedict been filming and making more re-shots for longer

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, whatever the plot, if they use the reshoots to make sure it's Doctor Strange's story that's win-win for both Strange and Wanda fans.

It would be really bad for both Strange and Wanda (for different reasons) if Wanda stole the movie from him. Wanda will get her own show or movie later, right now she just needs to get through this movie in one piece.

Olsen was there for the initial reshoots between Summer and Fall. She was filming another project for the recent reshoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Olsen was there for the initial reshoots between Summer and Fall. She was filming another project for the recent reshoots.
    The more recent ones were the ones I was referring to because those were the ones shot after the leaks. And also make up the majority of reshoots.

The test screeenings mentioned. Are they for what they consider the general audience?

Is there a general audience anymore? What proportions are die hard fans knowing most things, ranging to the less aware of comics/characters type audience?

Because maybe the plotting is too complicated for audiences not used to such layers of comic books. Seriously I know a few people who just "go with it" but really don't know or care much about what they really saw or what it means.

This movie is bound to be layered with misleading things and bait/switch stuff.
    So I could see where the more casual and less Wanda-fan person would see something different, unless it really gets spelled out by the end.

I'm hoping Wanda won't be further knifed in the back with the movie.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I think it's good for y'all to not have high expectations from Multiverse of madness.
    It's frustrating honestly, we are constantly in a situation of wishing the worst not to happen instead of just looking forward to good things.

I've heard there were internal test screenings (think Marvel film employees/friends + families), so general audience with some Marvel bias. The first reshoots (with Elizabeth Olsen) ended in September. The recent reshoots (sans Olsen) wrapped this month.

The reshoots were comparable in time. The first were at least 6 weeks (from the end of July to early September) and the second reshoots were 6 weeks as well. While Elizabeth was involved in the first reshoots, we have no idea for how long, could have been only a few days even. And she was filming another project during the second reshoots.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    The reshoots were comparable in time. The first were at least 6 weeks (from the end of July to early September) and the second reshoots were 6 weeks as well. While Elizabeth was involved in the first reshoots, we have no idea for how long, could have been only a few days even. And she was filming another project during the second reshoots.
    I don't think we can necessarily judge how much reshooting they were involved in. Obviously they didn't expect to do this many reshoots because they wouldn't have done them if the March release date had been kept. But they've worked around actors' schedules before, so if they need her there are ways, even just shooting with a body double or having her do her shots later in front of green screen.

I guess I'm just saying that if test audiences hated Wanda's role in the film they wouldn't just go, oh, it's too late to fix. But of course we don't know that until we know how much of the leaked plot is real or fake.

But yeah, as MaximoffTrash said, it's depressing that we have to hope the leaks are wrong or out of date, instead of just looking forward to the movie.

Though as I've said, that's partly our own fault for reading the rumors, since most of the world right now expects it to be Strange teaming up with Wanda (because that's what the trailer was meant to suggest). Better to expect that and be disappointed later.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think we can necessarily judge how much reshooting they were involved in. Obviously they didn't expect to do this many reshoots because they wouldn't have done them if the March release date had been kept. But they've worked around actors' schedules before, so if they need her there are ways, even just shooting with a body double or having her do her shots later in front of green screen.

I guess I'm just saying that if test audiences hated Wanda's role in the film they wouldn't just go, oh, it's too late to fix. But of course we don't know that until we know how much of the leaked plot is real or fake.

But yeah, as MaximoffTrash said, it's depressing that we have to hope the leaks are wrong or out of date, instead of just looking forward to the movie.

Though as I've said, that's partly our own fault for reading the rumors, since most of the world right now expects it to be Strange teaming up with Wanda (because that's what the trailer was meant to suggest). Better to expect that and be disappointed later.
    Exactly. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes nor how involved any actor was involved in reshoots. The timeline just says the reshoots were around, at least, 6 weeks a piece - and Benedict Cumperbatch, Benedict Wong, and Elizabeth Olsen were involved in some capacity. I will say, I find more credibility in industry publications and they've noted that the reshoots have been extensive (comparative to average), but we still have no idea what that entails. It's almost unheard of for any reshoots to completely change an entire blockbuster movie, the most I've ever seen was reshooting the entire 3rd act for Rogue One (although I do think there were significant changes to Dark Phoenix), but anything can happen. It could mean major changes to the story, adding more scenes, or just simple adjustments.

To your last point, I'm almost the opposite. I'll hope for the best, but I'm prepared for a grim reality as well.