Page 769 of 774 FirstFirst ... 269669719759765766767768769770771772773 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    To your last point, I'm almost the opposite. I'll hope for the best, but I'm prepared for a grim reality as well.
    I'm prepared for a grim reality too, but I do think it's my own fault for reading the leaks instead of just looking forward to a Strange/Wanda team-up like everyone who saw the trailer without reading the leaks.

It can't possibly be as bad as the leaks make it sound, so all I'm doing is torturing myself by waiting for confirmation that it isn't that bad.

The leaks just seemed like waaaaay too much for me. I can believe they could make her an antagonist, but not the weird Wanda kills the marvel universe the leaks were talking about. Likd seriously she ends up covered in the blood of the illuminati in another Wanda's body in front of her kids. No way

Extraordinary Member

Honestly if the test screen is real bad, then I feel like the reshoots are just damage control. She will get fucked over either way, it's just the matter of scale.
    While I will certainly prefer "damaged" than "dead", it's still a grim thought to have.
    And there is that uncomfortable notion that the reshoot only happens due to the sheer popularity WV brought to her. Which means she would be deemed unworthy of creative investment and nuance if she is anything less. Which means, if MoM tanks her popularity, she will be fair game for character butchering again, and ultimately discarded like damaged goods like she did in comcis.

Extraordinary Member

See, I feel your pain but this is why we'd have been better off ignoring the leaks. Because either they are wrong or misleading in some way, or Feige, Raimi and co. got all the way to the test screening stage with a story that nobody could possibly like (OK, nobody except a few insane Wanda power-level stans and online haters). And if they did that then Wanda is doomed one way or the other because Feige suddenly became an idiot, so even a "good" story would be terrible.

Yeah, I know, I'm not practicing what I preach, but I envy the normal people who don't read Marvel Studios Spoilers and just expect to see a fun movie with characters they like. Because I still think they're more likely to be right, and even if they're not, at least they aren't depressed about the movie right now like I am.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. The only "comforting" "news" I get is the growing suspicion among the Spoilers/Leak community that MTTSH is Sookie with another account.(Sookie is one of the leakers that made wild claims about WV, debunked and then lost her hype and reputation among the community and no one quote her leaks again.)
    I am probably reading too much into it, but the MTTSH is getting relentless with her leaks with more clickbait claims and absurdly detailed suggestions. And really the obsession with Wanda for some reason(because really she gets the most detailed leaks.) It will feel like she is on a gambling spree again.(There is the reshoots to fall back on I guess.)
    Again, we will never really know, but I will be pleasantly surprised if this is just round 2 of some egomaniac leaker's quest for fame.
    I have identified the same person in different platforms with different usernames in some cases, but those are friends of mine in the first place. And they do have some unique speech pattern.

Also, if one of my random predictions/ideas years ago somehow slipped into the movie again, I will just go ahead and declare myself a prophet, I promised to go on a trolling spree last time but I end up being mostly friendly because I am too relieved about WV to be mad anymore. Guess this is just my episodes lol.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-27-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently all the leaker types have been working off the same basic summary of scenes, which has been around since at least July. Where they got it, I don't know. Even they may not know who their sources are.

It was just dumb of me to get into reading this stuff, because while there are some real scenes in it, we have no idea if it's a real plot or just a fake summary around a few real scenes, plus the movie will have more than one version of every character.

If I hadn't read those leaks I would have been happy that the trailer showed that it was clearly Strange's story (whether or not Evil Strange is really the main villain) and Wanda was presented the way she should be, as someone who admits she screwed up and expects to be held accountable for Westview.

Instead I was recognizing clips that were from scenes mentioned in the leaks, and that gave credibility to the claim that the entire trailer is just a misdirect. So instead of the leaks giving me comfort, they ruined my comfort, while millions of other people watched the trailer and are actually looking forward to the movie.

The filmmakers would probably say it serves me right, since I shouldn't be reading unauthorized information about the movie anyway.
    Last edited by gurkle; 12-27-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation

Like I keep saying IMO most of these leakers are full of BS, they just want click bait and Money even though they got it SO Wrong with the trailer.

They are scurrying to revamp their talking points and leaks to a 2.0 version now, I don know Why anyone would listen to them, they know nothing and even if they get one or 2 things right it is Usually based on dumb luck, I have little to know respect for them.

Wanda just got redeem in the Comics in the eyes of mutants, Got major cheers when the trailer dropped in theaters and the trailer showed Wanda as an good guy nothing else, those are facts and that is reality.

Fiege even said they have long term plans for her in the positive sense.

I say dumb the leakers and listen for only fact based news, Fiege words and official info straight from the studios mouth, please stop giving these clickbaiters your worry that they have not earned.

The reality of Wanda is Amazing right now, give time to that!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

You, CJ, show the right way to be a Wanda fan. What's the point of being a fan of a character if it makes us miserable?

The character is popular and loved and 2021 has been great for her in the MCU and, at least, an improvement on 2020 in the comics.

I'll try to concentrate on what makes me happy about the character and trust that Disney knows that they have something special in her. I may not succeed, but doom and gloom and pessimism doesn't seem right. Who would have predicted that she would get her own show or that it would be so popular? Or even that the comics would finally decide to put M-Day behind her? Bad things don't always happen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    You, CJ, show the right way to be a Wanda fan. What's the point of being a fan of a character if it makes us miserable?

The character is popular and loved and 2021 has been great for her in the MCU and, at least, an improvement on 2020 in the comics.

I'll try to concentrate on what makes me happy about the character and trust that Disney knows that they have something special in her. I may not succeed, but doom and gloom and pessimism doesn't seem right. Who would have predicted that she would get her own show or that it would be so popular? Or even that the comics would finally decide to put M-Day behind her? Bad things don't always happen to her.
    Gurkle.......

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Wanda doesn't make me miserable. Even her most recent stories were not miserable. The only thing that does is Marvel keeping her out of comics.

The MCU stuff is concerning, but not miserable. The only thing we can do there is hope they handle ITMOM better than what is rumored or leaked and that she has a pretty decent future there.

But Wanda has more merchandise than ever and is more popular than ever. On her own. Without any team or anyone else's help. Her show put her in a new tier. I just want comics to recognize that and put her in more stories.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

To be honest i do think that the only reason White Vision still around somewhere in the MCU is because they're planning to do something with him and Wanda again when the time comes.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    To be honest i do think that the only reason White Vision still around somewhere in the MCU is because they're planning to do something with him and Wanda again when the time comes.
    I think they have bigger plans for him to and hopefully a way to fully bring back Vision going with Wanda's Story!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda doesn't make me miserable. Even her most recent stories were not miserable. The only thing that does is Marvel keeping her out of comics.

The MCU stuff is concerning, but not miserable. The only thing we can do there is hope they handle ITMOM better than what is rumored or leaked and that she has a pretty decent future there.

But Wanda has more merchandise than ever and is more popular than ever. On her own. Without any team or anyone else's help. Her show put her in a new tier. I just want comics to recognize that and put her in more stories.
    Indeed GenericUsername Wanda Brings Us Joy, Love and the Ideals of what it means to struggle threw the Hardest of time to find the Light of Love you work so hard for is Achievable cause of ones truth heart and perseverance to make the world better!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think they have bigger plans for him to and hopefully a way to fully bring back Vision going with Wanda's Story!

Indeed GenericUsername Wanda Brings Us Joy, Love and the Ideals of what it means to struggle threw the Hardest of time to find the Light of Love you work so hard for is Achievable cause of ones truth heart and perseverance to make the world better!

That's what made me identify with the character. It's not just that it was neat that she was a Romani character allowed to lead and co-lead teams. It was that she had been through hard times and always persevered. She's very real that way.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    That's probably the plan though so far none of the revealed MCU stuff seem to have a place suitable for him. Maybe he'll get his own series first where he tries to rediscover himself.