Page 770 of 774 FirstFirst ... 270670720760766767768769770771772773774 LastLast
Results 11,536 to 11,550 of 11598

Wanda doesn't make me miserable, it's listening to all the stupid leaks and rumours of reverse HOM and psycho Wandas that makes me miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I know Magento is Jewish but I don't actually remember him practicing Judaism to be honest.
    True. On a x-men comics recently he ate shellfish, that is not allowed on Judaism. He also said on House of X about humans welcoming their New Gods (mutantkind).

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda doesn't make me miserable. Even her most recent stories were not miserable. The only thing that does is Marvel keeping her out of comics.

The MCU stuff is concerning, but not miserable. The only thing we can do there is hope they handle ITMOM better than what is rumored or leaked and that she has a pretty decent future there.

But Wanda has more merchandise than ever and is more popular than ever. On her own. Without any team or anyone else's help. Her show put her in a new tier. I just want comics to recognize that and put her in more stories.
    THIS
    Last edited by Writerblog; 12-28-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    True. On a x-men comics recently he ate shellfish, that is not allowed on Judaism. He also said on House of X about humans welcoming their New Gods (mutantkind).
    Does Kitty Pryde still celebrate Hanukkah...

I also haven't read Way of X so I'm not sure how they're handling Nightcrawler's Catholicism.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Kitty Pryde still celebrate Hanukkah...

I also haven't read Way of X so I'm not sure how they're handling Nightcrawler's Catholicism.
    In HOX Kurt's faith is mentioned and accepted, so he's still a practicing Catholic.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This is a theory but I suspect some of the leaks are out because Disney itself wants to create expectative, so they leak some plot points and cameos but not the most important part of the story, the same thing happened with Spiderman and the Spiderverse in No Way Home, there were some plot points that were true and in fact those were part of the trailer of the movie but most of the story was keep in secret until the movie was released.

Now I suspect Wanda is going to be possesed most of the movie or at least a version of her, just like she was by Chthon on nights of wundagore, just this time it will be Shuma-Gorath because itīs a Dr Strange movie after all, we will have a lot of cameos by other characters and maybe even Loki, Silvie, the X-men of fox, the iluminati, etc but mostly the story will be about fighting Shuma and releasing Wanda of itīs hold. Also Kevin Feige alredy said Wanda story goes on after MoM so yes, we are sure she will have other stories more focused on her.

Now about Magneto: Magneto is Jewish but not ortodox and after he grew up he left the faith but still remembers and sometimes practices some Jewish traditions and he also talked in yiddish when he welcomed Kitty back to Earth. Kitty is also Jewish and they were close the first time he joined the X-men. So I think heīs culturally Jewish but pretty much keeps it to himself this and also marvel usually doesnīt explore this side of him when by all rights itīs definitely a part of him. Kitty does celebrate Hanukkah.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-28-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I'm hoping it's an alt Wanda if all of that is even true. Because Wanda getting possessed right after messing up in her show does not give her enough time as a hero before something else negative happens. At least in comics, she had long bouts of having her faculties and not being possessed before they did that stuff.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm hoping it's an alt Wanda if all of that is even true. Because Wanda getting possessed right after messing up in her show does not give her enough time as a hero before something else negative happens. At least in comics, she had long bouts of having her faculties and not being possessed before they did that stuff.
    Yes I hope itīs more like a variant like Lore and she gets to help in the final fight, like on Endgame
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-28-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

In any other scenario I would prefer Lore saved for her solo project, but well, better use Lore now than ruining Wanda herself.
    Hopefully they combine it with Chthon possession elements and what not with the AU Wanda so main MCU Wanda's next entry in MCU can be about Nights of Wundagore/Chthon without the possession, and she can properly fight Chthon for once.(Nights of Wundagore without Django and Avengers would be actually pretty interesting scenario to explore, the OG story is more or less "power of love and friendship saves the day", I do think they still use that angle but instead of her friends/family actually being there, it's the memories/connections she had that empowers her, and let her pull off something like in "Avengers No Surrender", a long-chanting finish move.) Also I wouldn't mind some more flashbacks to add more bits to her childhood/surviving with Pietro after their parents are dead/time with Avengers etc.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-28-2021 at 08:34 PM.

If itīs a solo movie or a series thereīs a very big possibility she will handle Chthon herself, maybe this will happen after Agatha series, I could see Wanda appearing there and maybe we find more about her past in the MCU on Agathaīs series or her next MCU project.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post

THIS
    As a Jew, I can say with vast practical knowledge that we don’t all practice kosher eating habits.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-28-2021 at 09:41 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Scarlet Witch Might be in Next Seasons Death Battle!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Strange movie synopsis on the official Marvel Japanese website:

"The door of the multiverse, full of mystery and madness, opens. Now that Iron Man and Captain America have left after a fierce battle in Avengers: Endgame, former genius surgeon and the strongest magician of them all, Doctor Strange, is expected to play an active role as a central figure in the Avengers. However, using his magic to manipulate time and space at will with a forbidden spell that is considered the most dangerous has opened the door to a mysterious madness called “the Multiverse.” To restore a world where everything is changing, Strange seeks help from his ally Wong, the Sorcerer Supreme, and the Avengers’ most powerful Scarlet Witch, Wanda. But a terrible threat looms over humanity and the entire universe that no longer can be done by their power alone. Even more surprising, the greatest threat in the universe looks exactly like Doctor Strange…"

https://marvel.disney.co.jp/movie/dr...ge2/about.html
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

so much for my Sorcerer Supreme theory
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

I had so much expectation for MoM, the Elder Gods, Donna Strange backstory, Clea, etc.
    Now I am just kinda hoping every main character get out of this in one piece in terms of their character integrity.
    Hopefully they don't pull a massive misdirect on this.
    I haven't watched anything involving Wanda spoiler free since CW movie. Because I would rather have the reassurance first since I had little faith in Wanda getting treated well.
    WV actually felt incredible for me because not only did she turn out fine for the most part, they actually introduced her lore pieces. And MoM again drove me to the point of questioning if my faith is misguided again, hopefully it's mostly a false alarm.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-29-2021 at 07:37 AM.