Page 771 of 774 FirstFirst ... 271671721761767768769770771772773774 LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 11598

I think this is mostly what I hoped and/or figured, that Wanda would be an ally to Strange and Wong, etc.

Like many, I'm pretty tired of the spoilers and teases and speculations. I think they're mostly there to score points in various ways, likes, shares, etc.

I think they could have things like glimpses of alt realities where an illuminati exists. Just because they show a random look at Black Bolt, doesn't mean they'll explain /over-explain that to the audience. It could exist like most of the other easter eggs, but perhaps it is or will be more defining of things to come.

For the record I like Wanda being where she is now. I don't need her to have any connection now/previous/to be, as far as mutants or Magneto.
    Despite some not resolved things about WV, I hope that it all leads to better for her. I don't want her to be a scapegoat, plot device or red herring.
    Back to illuminati, of course it doesn't have to be anything like the comic book version. It does't have to have Prof X, Panther, Reed, etc, yet. Or keep it vague if it needs to be there for some other reasons going forward.
    I doubt it will be the big part of MoM. Illuminati stuff probably belongs ranging in and out of Kang developments, imo.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    As a Jew, I can say with vast practical knowledge that we don’t all practice kosher eating habits.
    Alright, but it is comics. Magneto never followed any jewish tradition

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm hoping it's an alt Wanda if all of that is even true. Because Wanda getting possessed right after messing up in her show does not give her enough time as a hero before something else negative happens. At least in comics, she had long bouts of having her faculties and not being possessed before they did that stuff.
    Wanda fighting an evil alt version of what she could become would give us the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think this is mostly what I hoped and/or figured, that Wanda would be an ally to Strange and Wong, etc.

Like many, I'm pretty tired of the spoilers and teases and speculations. I think they're mostly there to score points in various ways, likes, shares, etc.

I think they could have things like glimpses of alt realities where an illuminati exists. Just because they show a random look at Black Bolt, doesn't mean they'll explain /over-explain that to the audience. It could exist like most of the other easter eggs, but perhaps it is or will be more defining of things to come.

For the record I like Wanda being where she is now. I don't need her to have any connection now/previous/to be, as far as mutants or Magneto.
    Despite some not resolved things about WV, I hope that it all leads to better for her. I don't want her to be a scapegoat, plot device or red herring.
    Back to illuminati, of course it doesn't have to be anything like the comic book version. It does't have to have Prof X, Panther, Reed, etc, yet. Or keep it vague if it needs to be there for some other reasons going forward.
    I doubt it will be the big part of MoM. Illuminati stuff probably belongs ranging in and out of Kang developments, imo.
    I just don't see a need for them. Their solutions to world problems were idiotic at best. And they we just a group of unbearable, nauseating arrogant pricks. The only thing entertaining about them was when they got messed up because of some terrible choice. I'd much rather have Stephen's version of Defenders or Midnight Sons. And they have actually been casting members of the Midnight Sons. So it seems much more possible.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm believing they appear for 'flavor text' purposes, to give us a glimpse of the possible. beigns/mergings.

But I pretty much agree with you. Moreso with their last relevant storyline, leading into the long Avengers story and Secret Wars.
    But if Secret Wars is eventually in the cards, they would probably develop some sort of illuminati concept; a gestalt of the so called greatest team leaders - except its a boy's club, so yeah, arrogant pricks.
    Who knows? realistically there won't be a Tony on that team, and that is a big part of the arrogance.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm believing they appear for 'flavor text' purposes, to give us a glimpse of the possible. beigns/mergings.

But I pretty much agree with you. Moreso with their last relevant storyline, leading into the long Avengers story and Secret Wars.
    But if Secret Wars is eventually in the cards, they would probably develop some sort of illuminati concept; a gestalt of the so called greatest team leaders - except its a boy's club, so yeah, arrogant pricks.
    Who knows? realistically there won't be a Tony on that team, and that is a big part of the arrogance.
    Tony wasn't even a prime one though. They all pretty much were. Xavier, Black Bolt, Stephen, Namor especially. And I mean of course they won't have all those members (Black Bolt is now rumored because the kitchen sink is the only thing not rumored for this movie), but still the same feeling that these arrogant pricks, capable and have committing some of the worst mistakes are propped up as the best to solve every problem... it's the most annoying potential team.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wanda fighting an evil alt version of what she could become would give us the best of both worlds.
    Im pretty sure that is what will happen. It would prove Agatha wrong who said that she is destined to destroy the world and it is easy for everyone to see how a different Wanda could actually go down the dark path considering all the bad events our Wanda already had to go through.

Its actually my first time posting here so I will say this. Elizabeth Olsen is absolutely killing it as Wanda and selling the character to millions of people. Go to YouTube and search Wanda Maximoff. You will find many videos all with millions of views. Wanda isn't going anywhere. The MCU isn't the comics. No writer can just come in and leave a mess behind. The MCU has over a decade of very successful world building behind it and shows no signs of slowing down. Quite the contrary. If you think otherwise then you are more our of your mind than Wanda even in her darkest times. Just leaving that here.

Now to a different topic.
    What's everyone opinion on her Solo series?

I recently came around to reading it and I enjoyed it. The art was sometimes a bit wonky. That's undeniable but I get what there were going for so I can't be too hard on it. Were some elements like the rivalry with the Emerald Warlock every touched upon again?

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Im pretty sure that is what will happen. It would prove Agatha wrong who said that she is destined to destroy the world and it is easy for everyone to see how a different Wanda could actually go down the dark path considering all the bad events our Wanda already had to go through.

Its actually my first time posting here so I will say this. Elizabeth Olsen is absolutely killing it as Wanda and selling the character to millions of people. Go to YouTube and search Wanda Maximoff. You will find many videos all with millions of views. Wanda isn't going anywhere. The MCU isn't the comics. No writer can just come in and leave a mess behind. The MCU has over a decade of very successful world building behind it and shows no signs of slowing down. Quite the contrary. If you think otherwise then you are more our of your mind than Wanda even in her darkest times. Just leaving that here.

I recently came around to reading it and I enjoyed it. The art was sometimes a bit wonky. That's undeniable but I get what there were going for so I can't be too hard on it. Were some elements like the rivalry with the Emerald Warlock every touched upon again?
    I loved it but I'm an urban fantasy fan so it's my jam. Plus I'm new to Wanda so it's easier to take it on its own terms. The weakest issue is 9 because it's a tie in to CW2 and very continuity heavy. Robinson tried his best but your mileage may vary.

Use it for season 2 Fiege. .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-29-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

No, I don't think anything from her series has been revisited, unfortunately. Then again she hasn't been in very many comics since it ended.

I liked some of the issues, especially the one with the psychiatrist. But I think it was a mistake for the series to concentrate so much on giving her yet another new origin and yet another new parent. It just kind of ate up the later part of the book. If they had concentrated more on her day-to-day life I think it would have been better.

I also have a theory that the Emerald Warlock inspired MCU Agatha a bit. The creators have never confirmed it, but they did confirm they read "Witches' Road" and what Agatha does to other witches is pretty much a less evil version of what the Emerald Warlock was doing.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Alright, but it is comics. Magneto never followed any jewish tradition
    After everything he’s been through it’s easy to see him abandon any hope religion might offer up. Honestly though, most religious characters rarely practice any religious traditions.
    AED1C84C-5C26-41FF-BA45-C4744F109833.jpg

I liked the solo, I think it did a important character work and gave Wanda her own family/mythology

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    After everything he’s been through it’s easy to see him abandon any hope religion might offer up. Honestly though, most religious characters rarely practice any religious traditions.
    AED1C84C-5C26-41FF-BA45-C4744F109833.jpg
    The problem is that there is few jewish charcters and writers often mess them up

Extraordinary Member

My concern is more about MCU ends up selling HoM Wanda to everyone and make it even more popular, her being present or not doesn't change the fact she will be a completely distorted version of her.
    MoM to me was that chance to go for a deep dive into the mystical lore, but now it seems they are shelved in favor of multiversal cameos. I am kinda frustrated either way, unless there is somehow a miracle in working.(Basically, MoM will range from terrible to meh to me if half of the leaks are true, I don't even like the variants fighting each other as a concept, it's like Death Battle, fun to watch but not much narrative relevance to me.)

As for her solo, overal a good read but again I have the same feeling of "the pages/time can be invested in something much better".
    I am not totally against the idea of Natalya, but making Wanda a witch by heritage doesn't add that much to her lore and power set.
    She is already culturally/religiously a pagan witch, and Agatha is around as well, they can easily give her similar stories without introducing Natalya and a nameless dad who supposedly killed her. Natalya in essence feels like Agatha(the mystical matriach) and Marya(the mom) rolled into one, which makes her kinda redundant.
    If they want to make her maternal figures more relevant, use Marya, heck, they even "resurrect" her(a retcon so she didn't die in the first place.)
    I really wish Wanda's interaction with her can be extended instead of just being Wanda asking for info about Natalya.
    Maybe I just prefer the idea Wanda is more of a being shaped by her circumstances, born in the wrong place at the wrong time on Wundagore, somehow HE gave away Wanda and Pietro to the Maximoffs, got picked up by the Brotherhood, and escape and eventually joined the Avengers.(Instead of X-Men.)

It's an eventful life that almost feels only possible out of sheer coincidence. I like the way her story is kinda a "work of fate" like fantasy hero of prophecy.
    Adding a mystical heritage kinda waters that down.

I enjoyed Wanda's solo, I loved the whole Mystic Detective traveling all over the World and really which they did more. I liked Natalya though I would have preferred if she wasn't just killed off at the end and left with another parental mystery.

MARVEL LEGENDS RETRO SCARLET WITCH 6IN AF CS (AUG21943
    https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN222063

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    MARVEL LEGENDS RETRO SCARLET WITCH 6IN AF CS (AUG21943
    https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN222063
    Saw it in my local SMYTHS but not paying full price for a figure that should have been done right the first time.