Page 79 of 774 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 11598

Thanks y'all for the comments, this Is the full image of my avatar

One issue that is plaguing Wanda as character is the constant editorially mandated waffling, just when things seemed to finally be settling down, the comic side of marvel (while drunk on their “inhumans” induced stupor) once again decided they had to absolutely mess with the twins parentage, this decision resulted in the introduction of a lame and insufferable sibling whose name I don’t care to remember, vague allegations about a mother murdering father and an artistically disjointed solo series with esoteric pastiche elements that to be honest did not really convince me, I know my opinion may lean on the unpopular side for some but after a recent re-reeding session of the whole SW solo I was left with the impression that it was all a bad case of Wanda smoking too many joints with a little chaos magic overdose on the side.
    Whether you agree or not with me I think we have fast approached the point where even the “geniuses” at editorial have realized no good can come from further directionless meddling, I’m willing to bet someone must have come to the resolution that waiting to see where the movie side of things it’s gonna “land this plane” may be a better approach than the usual throwing at the wall to see what sticks going on under Brevoort’s supervision.
    I have no Idea where things might be headed but my sincere hope is that finally Wandavision can start unveiling the movie side vision leading to the establishment of some fixed elements further down the line that will for sure benefit the comic side as well.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I love these pics, Cruelrain
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    One issue that is plaguing Wanda as character is the constant editorially mandated waffling, just when things seemed to finally be settling down, the comic side of marvel (while drunk on their “inhumans” induced stupor) once again decided they had to absolutely mess with the twins parentage, this decision resulted in the introduction of a lame and insufferable sibling whose name I don’t care to remember, vague allegations about a mother murdering father and an artistically disjointed solo series with esoteric pastiche elements that to be honest did not really convince me, I know my opinion may lean on the unpopular side for some but after a recent re-reeding session of the whole SW solo I was left with the impression it was all a bad case of Wanda smoking too many joints with a little chaos magic overdose on the side. Whether you agree or not with me I think we have fast approached the point where even the “geniuses” at editorial have realized no good can come from further directionless meddling, I’m willing to bet someone must have come to the resolution that waiting to see where the movie side of things it’s gonna “land this plane” may be a better approach than the usual throwing at the wall to see what sticks going on under Brevoort’s supervision.
    I have no Idea where things might be headed but my sincere hope is that finally Wandavision can start unveiling the movie side vision leading to the establishment of some fixed elements further down the line that will for sure benefit the comic side as well.
    I've thought about that and feel that they still left the door open to reimagine Mags as their father.

We know Mags or think he was 'in proximity' to Wundragore in the time period, when H. E. was doing his stuff.

So maybe in some way, H. E. got his DNA and he used it, along with whatever his process is/was to artificially create the mutations that Wanda and Pietro are.

That's what I think their status quo is; they're artificially created mutants, somehow given a faux-type of x-gene, etc. etc.

What fate ever brought them back to Mags, again and again, may be the real story.

But none of this negates further retcons with more info. Nor does it take away from the twins seeming Witchy heritage either.

My thoughts and possible belief.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Thanks y'all for the comments, this Is the full image of my avatar

Love your avatar!

Thank you for posting the larger image too.

It seems to be the best of old (original hair style) with new (the way it is drawn more as waves, not so straight nor curly and also with a shinier headdress).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I've thought about that and feel that they still left the door open to reimagine Mags as their father.

We know Mags or think he was 'in proximity' to Wundragore in the time period, when H. E. was doing his stuff.

So maybe in some way, H. E. got his DNA and he used it, along with whatever his process is/was to artificially create the mutations that Wanda and Pietro are.

That's what I think their status quo is; they're artificially created mutants, somehow given a faux-type of x-gene, etc. etc.

What fate ever brought them back to Mags, again and again, may be the real story.

But none of this negates further retcons with more info. Nor does it take away from the twins seeming Witchy heritage either.

My thoughts and possible belief.
    I know you are just doing your best to reconcile the various origin versions we have been fed over the years but at a certain point one has to ask what good does this fau-x-gene businesses brings to the table, if a link to the mutant world is to be established lets just go back to magneto being the father and be done with it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Oh I very much agree with the idea that we need to put Magneto back where he belongs with the twins. But that was the actual take on the story for me when I read it several years ago; I felt it didn't change the possibility. But I'm trying to remember Wanda's actual spell/words in the Inversion story, to see if there is wiggle room or implied doubt there somehow.

H.E.'s work and role with other characters and especially geneticist type characters may mean more in some broader context.

I often argue/debate the Marvel universe because I believe that whatever the Celestials did whenever they did it, is responsible in some way for almost everyhing:

Deviants and Eternals
    Inhumans
    Underwater types

who else? Because the Celestials created the ability for the human gene to be manipulated in ways that they may not have considered themselves.
    So the Kree got ahold of humans and further experimented

but at some point all of these various races over years in the Marvel stories have that root connection.

I even think that New Salem as seen in the old FF stories could be a lost colony of Inhumans that ended up learning magic and enhancing themselves. The changing of Salem's 7 into some animal type forms seems like a terrigen thing.

I concede the major point to you. We don't gain nothing from the faux x-gene, if that is what it is. We get a story that works from some of the twins previous origin to try and pull it together. But I still that this could be used for the future denouement of who's the daddy.
    ~ Oberon ~

"we don't gain nothing". dang I'm a crap writer.
    ~ Oberon ~

One issue that is plaguing Wanda as character is the constant editorially mandated waffling, just when things seemed to finally be settling down, the comic side of marvel (while drunk on their “inhumans” induced stupor) once again decided they had to absolutely mess with the twins parentage, this decision resulted in the introduction of a lame and insufferable sibling whose name I don’t care to remember, vague allegations about a mother murdering father and an artistically disjointed solo series with esoteric pastiche elements that to be honest did not really convince me, I know my opinion may lean on the unpopular side for some but after a recent re-reeding session of the whole SW solo I was left with the impression that it was all a bad case of Wanda smoking too many joints with a little chaos magic overdose on the side.
    Whether you agree or not with me I think we have fast approached the point where even the “geniuses” at editorial have realized no good can come from further directionless meddling, I’m willing to bet someone must have come to the resolution that waiting to see where the movie side of things it’s gonna “land this plane” may be a better approach than the usual throwing at the wall to see what sticks going on under Brevoort’s supervision.
    LOL @ the comments about the joints! I think Marvel Comics has no idea what to do with Wanda, Pietro and/or Vision at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Oh I very much agree with the idea that we need to put Magneto back where he belongs with the twins. But that was the actual take on the story for me when I read it several years ago; I felt it didn't change the possibility. But I'm trying to remember Wanda's actual spell/words in the Inversion story, to see if there is wiggle room or implied doubt there somehow.

H.E.'s work and role with other characters and especially geneticist type characters may mean more in some broader context.

I often argue/debate the Marvel universe because I believe that whatever the Celestials did whenever they did it, is responsible in some way for almost everyhing:

Deviants and Eternals
    Inhumans
    Underwater types

who else? Because the Celestials created the ability for the human gene to be manipulated in ways that they may not have considered themselves.
    So the Kree got ahold of humans and further experimented

but at some point all of these various races over years in the Marvel stories have that root connection.

I even think that New Salem as seen in the old FF stories could be a lost colony of Inhumans that ended up learning magic and enhancing themselves. The changing of Salem's 7 into some animal type forms seems like a terrigen thing.

I concede the major point to you. We don't gain nothing from the faux x-gene, if that is what it is. We get a story that works from some of the twins previous origin to try and pull it together. But I still that this could be used for the future denouement of who's the daddy.

I really love your speculations and the way you think, Wanda and Pietro have this connection to so many sides of the Marvel universe that their in-story potential is “over 9000”, I just think that in order to move forward and finally get more comic adventures (hopefully monthly) we need the powers in charge to establish some neat and streamlined bases.

I really love your speculations and the way you think, Wanda and Pietro have this connection to so many sides of the Marvel universe that their in-story potential is “over 9000”, I just think that in order to move forward and finally get more comic adventures (hopefully monthly) we need the powers in charge to establish some neat and streamlined bases.
    I get in trouble on other threads because I think all those ancient things are connected to each other and mean something today.

Thanks for the compliment. Your thoughts are better thought out, lol.

Wanda and Pietro are so important. I remember years ago during Wanda's first Chton story, someone speculated that Chton, being the brother of sorts to Gaia, meant

That Thor was sort of like a cousin to her, lol (or something like that), going from the idea that Chton marked Wanda at her birth, etc. etc.

But some things just make sense in the marvel comics to me. Example: a race of winged people on a floating world, is somehow an offshoot of the Inhumans. So I think that underwater types are too, for nearly the same reasons. and or mixed with deviants or others through the ages.
    ~ Oberon ~

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

To think that House of M was "the good ole times" for Wanda goes to show how some people like this value her relation with Magneto more than her as a character for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    To think that House of M was "the good ole times" for Wanda goes to show how some people like this value her relation with Magneto more than her as a character for the sake of it.
    Never heard a single Wanda fan describe that house of M garbage as “the good ole times”

Mags was also a retcon for her and they didn't do much with it. I think they are streamlining characters. Only ones that will appear frequently enough in mutant titles will be mutants.

The ties did the opposite of good for Wanda, so I'm not beholden to it.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-14-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.