Page 80 of 774 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Never heard a single Wanda fan describe that house of M garbage as “the good ole times”
    Go on Twitter and Reddit. Most of them are MCU fans though. But despite not reading it or only it, they'll argue all day it was good for her because powers and feats.

They don't care about her status as a character. Just do very powerful things and give them characters from every other IP pronto.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I often argue/debate the Marvel universe because I believe that whatever the Celestials did whenever they did it, is responsible in some way for almost everyhing:

Deviants and Eternals
    Inhumans
    Underwater types

who else? Because the Celestials created the ability for the human gene to be manipulated in ways that they may not have considered themselves.
    So the Kree got ahold of humans and further experimented
    My understanding as of the old Days of Future Past storyline, is that most of humanity has a latent X-gene, as a result of Celestial tampering, and while they would not just actively become mutants at puberty, they did have the potential to be mutated by cosmic rays, gamma rays, radioative spider-bites, etc. A small percentage of humanity, for whatever reason, totally lacked this X-genetic potential, and the Sentinels considered them 'pure' and allowed them to breed and live relatively normal lives, and these people, I assume, if exposed to cosmic rays or gamma rays or radioactive spider-bites, would *not* become a Human Torch or a Hulk or a Spider-Man, but just die a horrible death.

I would have assumed that there's just the one X-gene, and if it was turned on via Spider-bite or gamma rays or Terrigenesis, then it *wouldn't* also be able to be another of those things, so you couldn't have a mutant Inhuman or a Spider-Hulk or whatever, but there have been multiple examples of that not being true (Thanos, a mutant Eternal, Maelstrom, a mutant Inhuman, Crosta, a mutant Atlantean, etc.).

I even think that New Salem as seen in the old FF stories could be a lost colony of Inhumans that ended up learning magic and enhancing themselves. The changing of Salem's 7 into some animal type forms seems like a terrigen thing.
    Nah, they are, IIRC, bonded with demons, by their psycho-dad, Nicholas Scratch.

It would have been a neat bit of development if Nicky had bonded them with demons as children not because he wanted to give his seven rando kids super-powers, but because he eventually planned on sacrificing them and absorbing both the magical power of seven minor witches, *and* seven demons, turning himself into a demon-king with vast magical power (and finally, in his eyes, superior to his mother, whom he hates for her magical supremacy).

Magneto doesn't need to be Wanda's dad for Wanda to be a mutant. I wonder why Wanda has never actually gotten a DNA test to sort out who she was; she takes everything at face-value and a DNA test would help (unless it was sabotaged by Seward Trainer.)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mags was also a retcon for her and they didn't do much with it. I think they are streamlining characters. Only ones that will appear frequently enough in mutant titles will be mutants.

The ties did the opposite of good for Wanda, so I'm beholden to it.
    Maybe I did not explain myself properly, I’m not advocating for the return of magneto as a parent (I’m not against it either), I just want marvel to give a decent well considered version of the twin origin so that we can move on and build up from there, as it stands they just made it more messy and reader unfriendly, it is literally constellated by half truth, dubious phrases with hermetic meanings and abandoned story twists that years later led nowhere. Clearly no one even at marvel comics knows the truth anymore.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Magneto doesn't need to be Wanda's dad for Wanda to be a mutant. I wonder why Wanda has never actually gotten a DNA test to sort out who she was; she takes everything at face-value and a DNA test would help (unless it was sabotaged by Seward Trainer.)
    I don't think it even matters for her to be a mutant. I think it matters more to Pietro. It'd make more sense with how little they used Wanda in mutant stories to make Pietro the mutant and Wanda just blessed by Chthon.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-14-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Maybe I did not explain myself properly, I’m not advocating for the return of magneto as a parent (I’m not against it either), I just want marvel to give a decent well considered version of the twin origin so that we can move on and build up from there, as it stands they just made it more messy and reader unfriendly, it is literally constellated by half truth, dubious phrases with hermetic meanings and abandoned story twists that years later led nowhere. Clearly no one even at marvel comics knows the truth anymore.
    It just goes back to the Maximoffs being the parents. Which they were believed to be after the Franks and before Mags was established. And they raised the twins.

And as far as powers, Wanda's have never not been complicated. But the science of the High Evolutionary just replaced the science of the x-gene. She still has the Chthon stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    My understanding as of the old Days of Future Past storyline, is that most of humanity has a latent X-gene, as a result of Celestial tampering, and while they would not just actively become mutants at puberty, they did have the potential to be mutated by cosmic rays, gamma rays, radioative spider-bites, etc. A small percentage of humanity, for whatever reason, totally lacked this X-genetic potential, and the Sentinels considered them 'pure' and allowed them to breed and live relatively normal lives, and these people, I assume, if exposed to cosmic rays or gamma rays or radioactive spider-bites, would *not* become a Human Torch or a Hulk or a Spider-Man, but just die a horrible death.

I would have assumed that there's just the one X-gene, and if it was turned on via Spider-bite or gamma rays or Terrigenesis, then it *wouldn't* also be able to be another of those things, so you couldn't have a mutant Inhuman or a Spider-Hulk or whatever, but there have been multiple examples of that not being true (Thanos, a mutant Eternal, Maelstrom, a mutant Inhuman, Crosta, a mutant Atlantean, etc.).

Nah, they are, IIRC, bonded with demons, by their psycho-dad, Nicholas Scratch.

It would have been a neat bit of development if Nicky had bonded them with demons as children not because he wanted to give his seven rando kids super-powers, but because he eventually planned on sacrificing them and absorbing both the magical power of seven minor witches, *and* seven demons, turning himself into a demon-king with vast magical power (and finally, in his eyes, superior to his mother, whom he hates for her magical supremacy).
    These are awesome ideas I can mostly agree with. Especially Ole Scratch!

Yes, that is about what I believe with the x-gene.

sometimes I like retcons, sometimes I don't. I don't like the particular non-daddy status of Mags in the comics, but feel that the MCU may just be another version.

In general we have to consider that; this is just another multiverse, but one that is more drawn from our 616, kinda/sorta/maybe.

Another retcon I have not figured out, is Toro, original human Torch's partner. In the '60s he was considered a mutant and nearly one of the first, since this was before Namor's retcon and before ancient mutants like Apocylypse and Selene were known.

But now he is an Inhuman and I still can't figure it out; what happened, per what Reed has said about his Inhuman genes and how he became a human torch.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I don't think it even matters for her to be a mutant. I think it matters more to Pietro. It'd make more sense with how little they used Wanda in mutant stories to make Pietro the mutant and Wanda just blessed by Chthon.
    Yes, actually for years, mostly coinciding with their status as Avengers/post Avengers they didn't figure into the mutant stories as much. Seems to me some of that changed for Pietro after he was in X-Factor, and/or other stuff, but now, well, to most fans of Mutant books, they certainly don't want to claim her as one of their own, and are unlikely to ever. Maybe that is why they are "no longer mutants" ?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I don't think it even matters for her to be a mutant. I think it matters more to Pietro. It'dmake more sense with how little they used Wanda in mutant stories to make Pietro the mutant and Wanda just blessed by Chthon.
    One thing we have been told numerous times for sure is that whether a mutant or not Wanda’s connection to magic has a genetic component, she is not just another generic spellcaster, her power was there long before she studied any magic tome.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

That's true, still my point stands, they don't need to be related to Magneto for them to be mutants

One thing we have been told numerous times for sure is that whether a mutant or not Wanda’s connection to magic has a genetic component, she is not just another generic spellcaster, her power was there long before she studied any magic tome.
    They have already tried to explain that with the twins now comings from a mystical lineage. So there is probably now a Magic-Gene, the same way we have a X-Gene and a Gamma-Gene

Yep for sure there. She just needed tradtional magic to control the natural abilities. Because holding the fraction of the power of an elder god is a lot for a mortal.

That's true, still my point stands, they don't need to be related to Magneto for them to be mutants
    Hope was able to mimic wanda’s powers so that’s not out of the question, it can’t just be an elder god blessing, the H-E confirmed there is more.
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-14-2021 at 10:57 AM.

They have already tried to explain that with the twins now comings from a mystical lineage. So there is probably now a Magic-Gene, the same way we have a X-Gene and a Gamma-Gene
    They didn't even need the lineage. They had already explained the link to Chthon from birth before. And had Agatha go into the details of that later.