Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda has now had five sets of parents:

1. Django and Marya Maximoff- the people who raised Wanda and Pietro
    2. Whizzer and Miss America- origin story given in Giant-Sized Avengers #1
    3. Magneto and Madga- origin story of the Yesterday Quest
    4. Natalya Maximoff and an unknown father- Scarlet Witch series
    5. Oleg and Irina Maximoff- WandaVision
    I feel like we need Jason Aaron to pitch in and grace us with setofparents#7, I expect something along the lines of the High Evolutionary having an affair with the phoenix force while Odin gets a speck of dust in his one good eye.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Wanda isn't in comic series, but she is in a card game:

Asmodee's March Releases Include Marvel Champions, Bloodborne, The Initiative, and More
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/as...ne-initiative/

WandaVision Composer Reveals Scarlet Witch's Struggles Will Persist In More MCU Movies
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...vies-struggles

IMO the Article is AKA ~~~ Characters that have Struggles that they have to work on threw mulitple Movies are Not Villians, They are like most other MCU Protagonists, They are the HEROES!

When we think of the MCU, most of its villians have been mostly absolutes with little struggle in who they are outside of Loki or Thanos. Yet they where still mostly absolute in their views of themsevles and their actions with most points, baring showing any idea of true struggles in their chooses or life.

So a Character that is working on their own weaknesses and darkness with most heroes all have it usally that of a character working to a Hero and that is my View of what this article was getting at IMO.

Tony Stark had to struggle with the guilt of his weapons and then his PTSD with his worry of how to Protect the World. Steve Rogers had this man out of time struggles with all he cared about mostly old and gone with wondering if his views on things could work in the future like we saw in The Winter Soldier and Civil War. Black Widow all the time had to deal with her past of being a Red Room Assassin.

Bruce Banner with being the Hulk and the dual persinalities, Thor with his place in Asguard and how his action effected his people. Star Lord with his parent troubles, the GotG learning to get along with each other, Scott Lang with his parenting and place in society.

It can go much on, each hero has had struggles that feel real and geniune to the audiances, it is a human quality that IMO what has made the journey threw the MCU and what made Marvel Comics truly stand out as it has.

Heck, Coming Up in the next Disney+ Show, In Falcon and the Winter Soldier, their struggles will be mostly against getting along with each other, the Odd Couple complex and how that effects the world around them and the people they care about.
    First I was like, “Uuuh that doesn’t sound good”. But then I remembered, that’s almost word by word what Wanda herself once said in Robinson’s Scarlet Witch run, the issue where Pietro shows up. Maybe someone can put that page up?

I think she mentioned that Yoga helps her with that

But what really hits me that in the Interview he says “movies”. As in plural??? Now that might be just inaccurate wording, yet I am inclined to see that as a possible conformation that Wanda will be in more than *just* the next Doctor Strange movie. To me that’s very important not just because more screentime – of which we now already have more than in years before. Due to such a rather short arc from WandaVision to Doctor Strange 2, I am afraid that Marvel will burn of Wanda like a firecracker, just for the spectacle. Having her in future MCU projects would be very reassuring in that regard.

I am irritated by the sentence he said (in the original variety article) before: “She is not a television show hero”. Best I can come up with is that he does belittle these shows Maybe he is thinking of the really campy Batman show from the 60’s. I haven’t seen the Marvel TV shows, but on the DC side of things in the recent years they have some very complex heroes and anti-heroes. Like, I just recently found out that the show “Lucifer” has freaking Mazikeen on the hero’s side. What the actual hell?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    My understanding as of the old Days of Future Past storyline, is that most of humanity has a latent X-gene, as a result of Celestial tampering, and while they would not just actively become mutants at puberty, they did have the potential to be mutated by cosmic rays, gamma rays, radioative spider-bites, etc. A small percentage of humanity, for whatever reason, totally lacked this X-genetic potential, and the Sentinels considered them 'pure' and allowed them to breed and live relatively normal lives, and these people, I assume, if exposed to cosmic rays or gamma rays or radioactive spider-bites, would *not* become a Human Torch or a Hulk or a Spider-Man, but just die a horrible death.

I would have assumed that there's just the one X-gene, and if it was turned on via Spider-bite or gamma rays or Terrigenesis, then it *wouldn't* also be able to be another of those things, so you couldn't have a mutant Inhuman or a Spider-Hulk or whatever, but there have been multiple examples of that not being true (Thanos, a mutant Eternal, Maelstrom, a mutant Inhuman, Crosta, a mutant Atlantean, etc.).

Nah, they are, IIRC, bonded with demons, by their psycho-dad, Nicholas Scratch.

It would have been a neat bit of development if Nicky had bonded them with demons as children not because he wanted to give his seven rando kids super-powers, but because he eventually planned on sacrificing them and absorbing both the magical power of seven minor witches, *and* seven demons, turning himself into a demon-king with vast magical power (and finally, in his eyes, superior to his mother, whom he hates for her magical supremacy).
    The "everything traced back to Celestials" is kinda the approach Earth-X uses, which attribute various human offshoot to a single cause/origin, just activated differently.
    616 is another case, there are story moment that suggest Inhumans genes came from both Eternals and various aliens.(Kree wanted Inhumans as spies for them, thus some of Inhumans look like extinct Alien species.)
    Atlanteans are either result of Deviant/Inhumans experiment, or blessing of Neptune. Lemurians are affected by Set and Serpent Crown.
    Also Thannos technically is an Eternal with deviant syndrome, I doubt it's X-gene doing it.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-14-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    One thing we have been told numerous times for sure is that whether a mutant or not Wanda’s connection to magic has a genetic component, she is not just another generic spellcaster, her power was there long before she studied any magic tome.
    I mean, she is marked by Chtt at birth, She would have some sort of power either way.

Extraordinary Member

Hope was able to mimic wanda’s powers so that’s not out of the question, it can’t just be an elder god blessing, the H-E confirmed there is more.
    The "plea for lore consistency" doesn't work for Wanda since that would mean throwing out AD/HoM and then AvX as well.

Wanda has now had five sets of parents:

1. Django and Marya Maximoff- the people who raised Wanda and Pietro
    2. Whizzer and Miss America- origin story given in Giant-Sized Avengers #1
    3. Magneto and Madga- origin story of the Yesterday Quest
    4. Natalya Maximoff and an unknown father- Scarlet Witch series
    5. Oleg and Irina Maximoff- WandaVision
    It really bugs me why they decided to name her parents Oleg and Irina in the MCU instead of Django and Marya...

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, she is marked by Chtt at birth, She would have some sort of power either way.
    Chthon himself says multiple times in the avengers #188 that the reason he infused wanda with his power was because he could sense the science based power she already had due to her genes, with or without chthon wanda was destined to have power.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It really bugs me why they decided to name her parents Oleg and Irina in the MCU instead of Django and Marya...
    I wonder how long before someone decides to make Wanda's parents Oleg and Irina in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I wonder how long before someone decides to make Wanda's parents Oleg and Irina in the comics
    I hope not. Wanda doesn't really need more retcons.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Chthon himself says multiple times in the avengers #188 that the reason he infused wanda with his power was because he could sense the science based power she already had due to her genes, with or without chthon wanda was destined to have power.
    It is also stated by Agatha in Busiek's Avengers run that her power would just be some form of energy manipulation if Chthon is not involved, really, the mutant power is the more generic part of her.
    Also you sure it's not issue 187? Since that's the last part of Nights of Wundagore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I mean, it's more of a name change than actual character change, since they are functionally the same, AKA the actual couple that raised the Maximoff twins.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It is also stated by Agatha in Busiek's Avengers run that her power would just be some form of energy manipulation if Chthon is not involved, really, the mutant power is the more generic part of her.
    I disagree, it's all part of her complex nature and I would not be so fast to downplay this aspect of Wanda, I can understand why Agatha being a witch would not spend too much attention on it but according to the High Evolutionary her genetics makes her a conduit for elemental chaos

I disagree, it's all part of her complex nature and I would not be so fast to downplay this aspect of Wanda, I can understand why Agatha being a witch would not spend too much attention on it but according to the High Evolutionary her genetics makes her a conduit for elemental chaos
    That genetics has changed over time and in one of the stories, Chthon was drawn to her being a nexus being. The genetics thing is easily swapped out for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That genetics has changed over time and in one of the stories, Chthon was drawn to her being a nexus being. The genetics thing is easily swapped out for something else.
    actually it was confirmed during the most recent retcon in uncanny avengers II, not to mention the SW solo, she is what she is.
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-15-2021 at 04:03 AM.

actually it was confirmed during the most recent retcon in uncanny avengers II, not to mention the SW solo, she is what she is.
    I know about the witch heritage being tied to her Roma family. And I have so many problems with that. It perpetuates false stereotypes for one.