Page 86 of 774 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 11598
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    No, Hickman possessed Dr Strange, that's why he was a jerk with Wanda lol
    Ugh, Strange’s depiction made me want to strangle him. The unearned smarminess and condescending attitude was completely uncalled for in light of his own recent screw ups.

If not possessed, Hickman certainly forced her to carry the Idiot Ball on her the entire story.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed but you know Strange was such a jerk to Wanda during this whole story even when he did exactly what Wanda did to undo her spell that I sometimes think Hickman just believes Strange is a jerk Secret Wars Strange got himself possesed during most of Hickmans run and then was killed by Dr Doom after helping him to get all the universes under God Doom rule so I am not quite sure if itīs that he doesnīt like Wanda or he doesnīt like Strange
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed but you know Strange was such a jerk to Wanda during this whole story even when he did exactly what Wanda did to undo her spell that I sometimes think Hickman just believes Strange is a jerk Secret Wars Strange got himself possesed during most of Hickmans run and then was killed by Dr Doom after helping him to get all the universes under God Doom rule so I am not quite sure if itīs that he doesnīt like Wanda or he doesnīt like Strange
    Has he been ok with Magik? Is he just a hater of magic users?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

He likes Magik a lot, he named her one of the great captains for Krakoa, sheīs becoming quite popular on the X-side at the moment but his favorite New mutants are Sunspot and Canonball. It could be that sheīs not just a magical character but also a warrior, he also wrote Saturnyne, whoīs a witch who can control reality, quite well on the X of Swords crossover so I donīt think he hates magical characters but he may prefer to explore the scientific side of marvel more than the magical one, probably because the rules of magic in the MU are always changing and Hickman likes it better when there are more certain rules to work with the characters, he actually dedicated a lot of time to make sense of the omega mutant label because it had so many retcons it lost itīs meaning.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-15-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

He likes Magik a lot, he named her one of the great captains for Krakoa, sheīs becoming quite popular on the X-side at the moment but his favorite New mutants are Sunspot and Canonball. It could be that sheīs not just a magical character but also a warrior, he also wrote Saturnyne, whoīs a witch who can control reality, quite well on the X of Swords crossover so I donīt think he hates magical characters but he may prefer to explore the scientific side of marvel more than the magical one, probably because the rules of magic in the MU are always changing and Hickman likes it better when there are more certain rules to work with the characters, he actually dedicated a lot of time to make sense of the omega mutant label because it had so many retcons it lost itīs meaning.
    That's good at least. I wish I knew what he has against Wanda and Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    He seems to like psychologically infantile men(doug, bobby, sam) and bitchy arrogant women (emma, monet, illyana)
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I donīt know for sure, I think he wrote wanda in a very sympatethic way depite Strangeīs words and Strange made me remember his movie counterpart more than his comic self but he still had quite the ego during his New Avengers run, the thing was that in a room of big egos he just didnīt seem out of place but in contrats with Wanda is way more noticeable. I actually loved the part where Wanda tells him to make the time and he complains about leaving behind his plans with Wong XD poor Stephen

Also and this is just a guess because I am probably reading too much into this but Dr Strange actitude with Wanda has not been the best since AD, HoM etc, Strange put Wanda in a coma, he failed to help Wandaīs situation with her chaos magic, he didnīt detect, in retrospective, the life force on her and he also failed to stop her decimation spell, so Hickman probably was writiting him that way with Wanda because itīs expected to be some tension between them after those events, sure they had some nice interactions on Strangeīs title but during emergencies and they are not exactly close. I hope this is the case because I think this needs to be adressed and Hickman does like to do his homework in his character work. I donīt think he would write them having a bad relationship out of the blue without some logic behind it.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-15-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    He seems to like psychologically infantile men(doug, bobby, sam) and bitchy arrogant women (emma, monet, illyana)
    Magneto and Apocalypse have been 2 faves of his in the current era and they are anything but

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation

Sorry I should have posted this here days ago, but over at the Community Forums I have been leading our weekly Comic Cover Contest and this week I made the Challenge That of Scarlet Witch appearances on covers!

If Anyone here still wants to participate, you still have time till midnight Pacific Time!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...cal-Lady!-quot
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I donīt know for sure, I think he wrote wanda in a very sympatethic way depite Strangeīs words and Strange made me remember his movie counterpart more than his comic self but he still had quite the ego during his New Avengers run, the thing was that in a room of big egos he just didnīt seem out of place but in contrats with Wanda is way more noticeable.

Also and this is just a guess because I am probably reading too much into this but Dr Strange actitude with Wanda has not been the best since AD, HoM etc, Strange put Wanda in a coma, he failed to help Wandaīs situation with her chaos magic, he didnīt detect, in retrospective, the life force on her and he also failed to stop her decimation spell, so Hickman probably was writiting him that way with Wanda because itīs expected to be some tension after those events, sure they had some nice interactions on Strange title but they are not exactly close. I hope this is the case because I think this needs to be addressed between them imo and Hickman does like to do his homework in his character work.
    That doesn't coincide with comics depictions that have had them working together and even Strange putting up a sign for people to seek out Wanda when they needed magic help when he wasn't able to do it. He doesn't have those hang ups in any other books. It's so weird.

Not only that but I don't think he could detect the life force because it isn't magic. It's a cosmic force used to help create the universe. I think Hickman just likes him to either be a non-factor or a jerk for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto and Apocalypse have been 2 faves of his in the current era and they are anything but
    He turned poccy into a big baby on steroids, he just wanted to be loved basically.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

That doesn't coincide with comics depictions that have had them working together and even Strange putting up a sign for people to seek out Wanda when they needed magic help when he wasn't able to do it. He doesn't have those hang ups in any other books. It's so weird.
    Strange is very proffesional in his work, I donīt think he would say to people to stop seeing Wanda when she can help just because they are not close, especially since Wanda has grown in her skills. I donīt think itīs weird but it needs to be addressed.

Not only that but I don't think he could detect the life force because it isn't magic. It's a cosmic force used to help create the universe. I think Hickman just likes him to either be a non-factor or a jerk for some reason.
    Stephen helped save the multiverse along with Dr Doom during Secret Wars, they were the main reason there was even something left so he definitely is a factor for good in his stories, this fact also makes him quite capabla of detecting the life force, Heimberg should have gotten him involved during Childrenīs Crusade it would have helped the story but yes he does seem to like to write him as a jerk for some reason.

Strange is very proffesional in his work, I donīt think he would say to people to stop seeing Wanda when she can help just because they are not close, especially since Wanda has grown in her skills. I donīt think itīs weird but it needs to be addressed.

Stephen helped save the multiverse along with Dr Doom during Secret Wars, they were the main reason there was even something left so he definitely is a factor for good in his stories, this fact also makes him quite capabla of detecting the life force, Heimberg should have gotten him involved during Childrenīs Crusade it would have helped the story but yes he does seem to like to write him as a jerk for some reason.
    I think if he felt something was unresolved from her seeking out and using the life force, he'd make sure he had that handled before sending other people to her. That wouldn't be very responsible. I think that was all resolved, it's just that is supposed off panel because Wanda's appearances are very sparce.

Helping save the universe from powers isn't really the same as detecting it though. I think he just didn't recognize what she was using for one, and for another was written by Bendis so he couldn't even remember having used chaos magic himself.

So it's really difficult to reason how writers have handled him or Wanda because it's really whatever the plot of the moment requires.

Yes the plot is to blame in those kinds of situations still I dont think they ever have adressed the life force situation in or out of panel and it would be a nice story to see imo

In my opinion Wanda, going forward, should be built up as a character who just does as she pleases. She is usually portrayed as a damsel in distress. With her kind of magic that she has from a Dark Elder God someone would expect her to be morally questionable but her actions leads to lives being saved, with her smiling at the end cause all the chaos that was going on she already knew she would get her way.