Page 95 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's really sweet. I'm not hanging onto a happy ending here. But I really want it. Their relationship didn't get much time before being ripped apart. And comics at times handled the relationship so badly. I would like something different.
    I want it too. I think Olsen and Bettany could probably carry future movies as leaders of a revamped Avengers. But I think there is zero percent chance of that actually happening. That's why I'm hoping Wanda and Vision reconcile SOON. There's not too much time left in the show. I definitely miss the earlier episodes of the series. There was an innocent and carefree tone to their relationship that's completely gone now. I think Wanda has been portrayed very nicely in the show (except for episode 7. I think in that one she was just exhausted and angry). But I like how she's gotten to use powers in creative ways without really hurting anybody. I'm sure comic book creators are enjoying WandaVision as well. Maybe because of that they'll start treating Wanda and Vision better in their publications. I don't think Marvel Studios will ever devote a show to a romantic relationship ever again. I do think Strange and Wanda could have a very snarky and sarcastic relationship in the future though. Strange is one of my favorite characters in the MCU, but I like him because he's such an arrogant *******. I like Vision in a different way because he's actually the opposite in personality: humble and inquisitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I want it too. I think Olsen and Bettany could probably carry future movies as leaders of a revamped Avengers. But I think there is zero percent chance of that actually happening. That's why I'm hoping Wanda and Vision reconcile SOON. There's not too much time left in the show. I definitely miss the earlier episodes of the series. There was an innocent and carefree tone to their relationship that's completely gone now. I think Wanda has been portrayed very nicely in the show (except for episode 7. I think in that one she was just exhausted and angry). But I like how she's gotten to use powers in creative ways without really hurting anybody. I'm sure comic book creators are enjoying WandaVision as well. Maybe because of that they'll start treating Wanda and Vision better in their publications. I don't think Marvel Studios will ever devote a show to a romantic relationship ever again. I do think Strange and Wanda could have a very snarky and sarcastic relationship in the future though. Strange is one of my favorite characters in the MCU, but I like him because he's such an arrogant *******. I like Vision in a different way because he's actually the opposite in personality: humble and inquisitive.
    I prefer the first few episodes as well because Wanda and Vision were so happy together and that tone has definitely changed now. I'm very curious as to whether Vision will be kept alive after Wanda/Vision since it doesn't seem likely right now. I'm just glad Wanda has gotten such a major push in the MCU and I hope to see that carried forward beyond Phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Did Claremont ever even get the chance to write Wanda? I'm just glad he doesn't agree with Byrne not that I expected him to. Most of Wanda's issues in the 2000s were all because of Byrne who retconned her parentage for the worst, broke up her marriage, took away her kids, and started the trend of making her crazy and evil. I guess it worked out in the end since we got Wanda/Vision as a result.

I'm not expecting a happy ending...at least not yet. I think Wanda and Vision will be reunited later down the line just not by the end of the show. Much like how it took years for Steve and Peggy to get their happy ending even when it seemed that wouldn't ever be possible.

I was glad too even though it took me 5 whole minutes after the episode released to be able to release it. I don't think Disney+ ever shut down before like that, not even with The Mandalorian.
    Yeah, I think it's possible for Wanda and Vision to get a happy ending...Only when Wanda leaves the MCU. Then you can have a Steve and Peggy thing. But I think by doing that, it would sort of take away from the emotional impact of WandaVision. So we'll have to see about that. I had no idea Claremont actually wrote Wanda either! But apparently he loves her character. I would love to see him write a book about Wanda and Vision given the affection he has for the two of them. It appears to me he is none too happy with how they've been treated over the years. I think Byrne's treatment of Wanda is extremely controversial. I think if he had stayed on the Avengers book for longer, she would have been given the full "Dark Phoenix" treatment.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I prefer the first few episodes as well because Wanda and Vision were so happy together and that tone has definitely changed now. I'm very curious as to whether Vision will be kept alive after Wanda/Vision since it doesn't seem likely right now. I'm just glad Wanda has gotten such a major push in the MCU and I hope to see that carried forward beyond Phase 4.
    I have a growing positive feeling now after each episode that Miss Olsen keeps WOWing and WOWING more and more people that Feige and others might be taking notice. Miss Olsen has the skills to push herself to incredible acting levels and do it with any emotional state and persona she chooses!

Nothing against the other actors or actresses but Miss Olsen is showing she is on a whole other level and with Marvel looking for more Woman to represent the MCU Miss Olsen is possibly push Wanda to the forefront!

We as Wanda fans are VERY Lucky and blessed to Have Miss Olsen as Wanda Maximoff!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

At first I wasn't too impressed with the first three episodes at all, but I've absolutely changed my mind in the past few weeks after some binge watching. I think they did a fantastic job of celebrating their relationship in a wholesome and fun way. I miss "Agnes", "Geraldine", and "Dottie" too. Ever since Monica left the Hex, she's just not the same person anymore. I wish her personality was like the one she had earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I have a growing positive feeling now after each episode that Miss Olsen keeps WOWing and WOWING more and more people that Feige and others might be taking notice. Miss Olsen has the skills to push herself to incredible acting levels and do it with any emotional state and persona she chooses!

Nothing against the other actors or actresses but Miss Olsen is showing she is on a whole other level and with Marvel looking for more Woman to represent the MCU Miss Olsen is possibly push Wanda to the forefront!

We as Wanda fans are VERY Lucky and blessed to Have Miss Olsen as Wanda Maximoff!
    She has been getting rave reviews and has helped prove that there is clearly public interest in Wanda. One thing I've noticed is how many casual female fans have been invested since it's so rare to see a female character's grief and longing be explored like this in mainstream media. Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda has opened up many doors and I hope to see future female characters treated with as much respect. I've seen several of Elizabeth Olsen's movies before this and she's always a superb actor in all of them and very underrated so I'm glad she's getting the acclaim she deserves now. Feige should be taking notes and positioning her in one of the spotlight roles for the next few phases to come.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Olsen has impressed me a lot in this series. To be honest, I thought she was fine in the Avengers movies, but her performances didn't leave a huge impression on me at all. She's improved a LOT in the past few years. And I'm proud of her. I think Hahn is the biggest standout of the show for me. Every scene in WandaVision she's in, she steals it. I thought Peters was phenomenal in his episode. And I must say, Bettany has improved a lot from the movies too. I thought he was forced to act like a plank in them. And it showed. My opinion of other MCU stars has actually dropped a little bit because of the fine performances being displayed on WandaVision. I just feel a little bit bad for ATJ. I think he's been publicly humiliated in the worst way possible.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-20-2021 at 06:56 PM.

At first I wasn't too impressed with the first three episodes at all, but I've absolutely changed my mind in the past few weeks after some binge watching. I think they did a fantastic job of celebrating their relationship in a wholesome and fun way. I miss "Agnes", "Geraldine", and "Dottie" too. Ever since Monica left the Hex, she's just not the same person anymore. I wish her personality was like the one she had earlier.
    I loved the first three episodes and when the fourth one came along and everyone was so psyched that we were finally getting answers, I was just disappointed that the episode basically sidelined Wanda and Vision. I didn't even want answers to the mystery lol because I'm much happier just seeing Wanda and Vision happy as a couple and I know we aren't going to get any more of that now. I also liked Monica as Geraldine. However, I'm very curious if Wanda and Monica will have a friendship after this because I don't believe they ever had substantial interaction together in the comics. Carol has always been a mutual friend though in the comics so I'd like to see Monica as an excuse for Carol and Wanda to interact in the MCU now.

Olsen has impressed me a lot in this series. To be honest, I thought she was fine in the Avengers movies, but her performances didn't leave a huge impression on me at all. She's improved a LOT in the past few years. And I'm proud of her. I think Hahn is the biggest standout of the show for me. Every scene in WandaVision she's in, she steals it. I thought Peters was phenomenal in his episode. And I must say, Bettany has improved a lot from the movies too. I thought he was forced to act like a plank in them. And it showed. My opinion of other MCU stars has actually dropped a little bit because of the fine performances being displayed on WandaVision.
    I think that's mainly because of the writing. Wanda was always written as a supporting character in those movies and frankly, most of the MCU movies weren't great about portraying female characters outside of stock roles like the hero's love interest or as a fierce (but colorless) female fighter. And most of the superheroines like Black Widow and Gamora fit the latter role. Peggy Carter was a sole exception because she was sorta a blend of both and getting her own show really helped in developing her further, something the movies couldn't afford to do. So Wanda kinda fell into the background because she wasn't like Widow or Gamora, nor was she the love interest of one of the main heroes. If you've ever seen Elizabeth Olsen in her other movies, she always delivers a standout performance.

I agree with you about Hahn. And Even Peters has always been a great actor which helped me warm up to him reprising his role as "Pietro" since I was upset that ATJ wasn't returning for whatever reason. I think Paul Bettany's issue was also that, like Wanda, Vision wasn't given much of a role in the movies until his death and his character was supposed to be written as robotic and humorless.

I loved the first three episodes and when the fourth one came along and everyone was so psyched that we were finally getting answers, I was just disappointed that the episode basically sidelined Wanda and Vision. I didn't even want answers to the mystery lol because I'm much happier just seeing Wanda and Vision happy as a couple and I know we aren't going to get any more of that now. I also liked Monica as Geraldine. However, I'm very curious if Wanda and Monica will have a friendship after this because I don't believe they ever had substantial interaction together in the comics. Carol has always been a mutual friend though in the comics so I'd like to see Monica as an excuse for Carol and Wanda to interact in the MCU now.
    Well, first off I'm really REALLY impressed with the music of WandaVision. I don't want to sound too critical, but I've long thought the scores for the movies have been absolutely pedestrian and forgettable. And I think it hurts the films and prevents people from connecting to them emotionally as much as they should. But I think Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez are amazing artists and the songs they've composed for WandaVision have been incredible. So big improvements there. I thought the fourth episode was somewhat necessary because I do believe people would have not continued to watch the show if it was exclusively paying tributes to sitcoms. So I understand why Marvel Studios did that. But ever since then, the stuff happening outside of the Hex just bores me to tears. There's just too much exposition going on there. And it takes away from the story happening WITHIN the Hex (which has been totally engaging and fascinating to me). I was even a little bit disappointed that Vision did some exposition in episode 7. I think the SWORD storylines just took a lot of oxygen away from Wanda and Vision (although I understand it's necessary and the performers and writing there haven't been TERRIBLE).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-20-2021 at 07:08 PM.

I think that's mainly because of the writing. Wanda was always written as a supporting character in those movies and frankly, most of the MCU movies weren't great about portraying female characters outside of stock roles like the hero's love interest or as a fierce (but colorless) female fighter. And most of the superheroines like Black Widow and Gamora fit the latter role. Peggy Carter was a sole exception because she was sorta a blend of both and getting her own show really helped in developing her further, something the movies couldn't afford to do. So Wanda kinda fell into the background because she wasn't like Widow or Gamora, nor was she the love interest of one of the main heroes. If you've ever seen Elizabeth Olsen in her other movies, she always delivers a standout performance.

I agree with you about Hahn. And Even Peters has always been a great actor which helped me warm up to him reprising his role as "Pietro" since I was upset that ATJ wasn't returning for whatever reason. I think Paul Bettany's issue was also that, like Wanda, Vision wasn't given much of a role in the movies until his death and his character was supposed to be written as robotic and humorless.
    I know more about Olsen's older sisters than her. But that's because I watched Full House pretty avidly as a kid. So I think it's cool she's finally stepping out of her siblings' shadows. Maybe I'll have to check out her other work. I didn't know anything about Hahn and Peters before this show. But I've been impressed with the jobs they're doing. Bettany I vaguely knew a little bit about. I saw A Beautiful Mind and Margin Call, but I actually forgot he was in those movies! So I'm happy he's getting some belated recognition. I'm actually a little bit worried about how Wanda will be portrayed in Doctor Strange 2. I've seen the original Spider-Man movies and I thought Mary Jane was pathetic in them.

Well, first off I'm really REALLY impressed with the music of WandaVision. I don't want to sound too critical, but I've long thought the scores for the movies have been absolutely pedestrian and forgettable. And I think it hurts the films and prevents people from connecting to them emotionally as much as they should. But I think Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez are amazing artists and the songs they've composed for WandaVision have been incredible. So big improvements there. I thought the fourth episode was somewhat necessary because I do believe people would have not continued to watch the show if it was exclusively paying tributes to sitcoms. So I understand why Marvel Studios did that. But ever since then, the stuff happening outside of the Hex just bores me to tears. There's just too much exposition going on there. And it takes away from the story happening WITHIN the Hex (which has been totally engaging and fascinating to me). I was even a little bit disappointed that Vision did some exposition in episode 7. I think the SWORD storylines just took a lot of oxygen away from Wanda and Vision (although I understand it's necessary and the performers and writing there haven't been TERRIBLE).
    The Lopezes have done a great job here, especially with the theme songs. And I saw all the backlash from standard MCU fans towards the show because of the sitcom style, so I can see why Episode 4 was needed to placate them since so many said Episode 4 was what they were waiting for and the best episode yet, which made me cringe. And yeah, everytime the aspect ratio changes and we're back to the real world, I get really disappointed and bored because I just want to return to Westview. That garbage Agent Hayward especially ticks me off and it's ironic since I keep seeing MCU fans say he doesn't deserve to be villainized and how he's on the right side of things and what Wanda is doing is wrong. Meanwhile all I wanted was for Wanda to kill him off finally lol.

I know more about Olsen's older sisters than her. But that's because I watched Full House pretty avidly as a kid. So I think it's cool she's finally stepping out of her siblings' shadows. Maybe I'll have to check out her other work. I didn't know anything about Hahn and Peters before this show. But I've been impressed with the jobs they're doing. Bettany I vaguely knew a little bit about. I saw A Beautiful Mind and Margin Call, but I actually forgot he was in those movies! So I'm happy he's getting some belated recognition. I'm actually a little bit worried about how Wanda will be portrayed in Doctor Strange 2. I've seen the original Spider-Man movies and I thought Mary Jane was pathetic in them.
    I knew Mary Kate and Ashley because they've basically been household names for decades now, but I never cared for them much especially since I was not a Full House fan. Elizabeth Olsen has a lot of indie movies which is what I've mainly seen her in. I know she auditioned for Rey in Star Wars though so clearly she was interested in doing a big franchise and I'm glad she won out when it came to Wanda in the MCU. I've never seen Hahn in anything before but I'm pretty familiar with Evan Peters from American Horror Story. I've seen Bettany in a few things but not much.

From what I've heard, MJ's treatment in the Spider-Man movies (like not wearing a bra and constantly playing the damsel in distress) was executive meddling. I know Kirsten Dunst made Sam Raimi promise her that she wouldn't be the damsel in Spider-Man 3, and he didn't want her to play that role again either but he was forced to. I will say though that Sam Raimi's Oz the Great and Powerful got a lot of flack for the depiction of Mila Kunis' Wicked Witch of the West and how she only turned evil because she fell in love with that sleazebag James Franco after one day and felt rejected when he moved on after probably sleeping with her. However Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams as Glinda were written a lot better. I'm more worried about Wanda being treated like a villain in Doctor Strange 2 but Marvel's done a better job with their antagonistic roles lately and making the "villains" more nuanced and sympathetic so if Wanda is just serving an antagonistic role and not even the main villain, maybe I don't have to worry.

Did Claremont ever even get the chance to write Wanda?
    Yes, in Avengers Annual #10, Contest of Champions #3 and Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #28.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Yes, in Avengers Annual #10, Contest of Champions #3 and Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #28.
    Thanks, I was about to ask that Very Same Question GenericUsername, Thank You for that Info!

Indeed I read that article and I remember going to a panel with Chris Claremont at it one time, was interesting to see and hear the man in person.

Honeslty to hear that from Claremont himselve is very Sweet and Uplifting to hear, to hear one of the most important Writers in Comic History to feel this way about the show after EVERYTHING he has done for Comics and being responsible for likely one of the most important comic stories in history, The Phoneix, to hear that this show and the cast has touched him so deeply he wants to write a Happy Ending for them!?

I Mean just WOW, Lets ALL take that in for a Moment, This Show has been a Blessing on the Legacy of Wanda and Vision in a way we could not of foreseen, this is truly changing what Wanda and Vision are meaning for Comics and Heroes, Simply Incredible to believe this is happening for our Wanda.................Just WOW. ;_;
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thank you. She was also in some select issues of X-Men Forever now that I remember. I never realized he was such a fan of her, certainly more than Byrne who frankly seems like he had an axe to grind against her and especially Vision.