Page 23 of 774 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yes I understand and sympathize with that. So she has been through a lot and I think she is respectful of the people she has lost. I get that. But as I recall, Spider-Man has suffered quite a few losses as well, and he's quippy as ever.

I think Wanda was pretty nasty in the Age of Ultron at first. WAY more than when she started out in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (in my opinion). She was a reluctant follower of Magneto then. In Age of Ultron she was doing lots of dangerous ****. I agree she changed her misguided ways, and that was done pretty well by Whedon in my view. And that's quite an accomplishment because Joss's script was so frenetic it felt like he was on coke or something. I still love Whedon though, and I hope he returns to the MCU.
    That's his unique personality. It's never been Wanda's.

She mind manipulated some of the Avengers (and seemingly gave them a vision of their future), but she did not do it out of malice. She was under the interpretation that they were dangerous and caused what happened to her family. She was mislead. She wasn't evil. When she realized she was wrong, she changed.

And I personally can live without Whedon's misogyny while pretending to be feminist bs.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-10-2021 at 01:28 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It's more set for children, I have not seen much of it tbh, just a compilation scenes of Wanda

Here's the video i'm talking about, The version of this Wanda starts at the minute 3:37

Thanks for the vid! I’ll check it out.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    THIS is Amazing, Love My Hero Academia and this is just AWESOME to see being brought to Artist Life! Nice Style and Coloring Too!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    THIS is Amazing, Love My Hero Academia and this is just AWESOME to see being brought to Artist Life! Nice Style and Coloring Too!
    I love MHA as well, love to see more Wanda/MHA team-ups

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm confused about what this Ben Mekler guy said: ''(...) and the ethics of recreating a CG Lucille Ball without permission from her estate.''

What?? Was this supposed to be a joke? Or something they actually did on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Twitter posts before the reviews come out are sometimes a little more enthusiastic than the actual reviews though. I remember thinking Avengers 2 was going to be bigger than the first just based on the tweets, but the critical reviews were less enthusiastic and so were audiences.

We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves. I can see why Marvel would have preferred to start with a more action-packed story like Falcon/Winter Soldier and I hope people aren't turned off by the sitcom thing.
    You're right that first reactions tend to be mostly positive. I remember that even the Inhumans ABC show got a few good positive first reactions. Not that I think WandaVision is going to be as bad as Inhumans, mind you (I don't think Marvel can ever achieve that level of badness again; it was a once in a lifetime event). But I'm positive WandaVision will remain solid because what people are saying about the show being different and unique is precisely what's gonna make it stand out. Marvel Studios tends to be criticized for ''playing too safe and inside the box'', so I can see WandaVision being a critical darling for breaking this formula a bit.

And yeah, people wanting to tune in for a superhero show and being turned off by the sitcom aspect can be a problem at first, but I think that's exactly why they've been promising that the show will be ''half sitcom, half Marvel movie'' for a while now. So people already know what they're getting into and know the show will change eventually, so they may be less critical at first sight. Also, there's always the possibility that the show will also attract people who enjoy sitcoms but are not usually into superhero stuff. It might be a ''gateway'' for new fans, which is a win for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Which animated Wanda was the best representation of her? She should've been in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Don’t forget Super Hero Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm confused about what this Ben Mekler guy said: ''(...) and the ethics of recreating a CG Lucille Ball without permission from her estate.''

What?? Was this supposed to be a joke? Or something they actually did on the show?
    It's a joke. He's known for doing this stuff, it's a running gag where he joins in with the early reactions tweets but includes some deliberately ridiculous made-up thing that doesn't happen.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

That is the best I've heard so far from official side! It goes against EVERYTHING I feared about this show!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Which animated Wanda was the best representation of her? She should've been in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Hands down "Wolverine and the X-Men". And yes she should have been. It was in the same Universe anyway.

The one from the original X-Men Series was disappointing to me. Because she and Quicksilver went on a rogue vengeance mission, something Wanda would never do while being on an Avengers Team.

Disclaimer, from the following three I haven't even seen the parts Wanda is in completely and maybe I never will.

X-Men Evolution I dislike thoroughly. Because she didn't feel like Wanda at all. That's some random Goth angry Teenager with Daddy-Issues.

Avangers - United they Stand, I believe wasn't all bad. But her "Winds of destiny – change!" gets real annoying real quick.

Iron Man - just silly.

X-Men Evolution nailed her Probability Manipulation

Wolverine and the X-Men the best look

She was really good in this show as well

I second that. I think that version is very underrated because it’s all played more like a parody. But if one looks past that, it’s a very strong and well portrayed character right there.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well she does have that her parents died in a bombing, her brother died and then Vision died. The show is said to have tragic elements. So that will always be some aspect to her character. When Englehart was still writing her, he said one of her most important character traits was perseverance through tragedy.
    I'm okay with the tragic stuff. Just don't make it too heavy. This is Disney after all!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's his unique personality. It's never been Wanda's.

She mind manipulated some of the Avengers (and seemingly gave them a vision of their future), but she did not do it out of malice. She was under the interpretation that they were dangerous and caused what happened to her family. She was mislead. She wasn't evil. When she realized she was wrong, she changed.

And I personally can live without Whedon's misogyny while pretending to be feminist bs.
    Yeah, I don't think Wanda was in a great state of mind in Ultron. I don't think she was absolutely evil. But I don't think she was an angel either. Her involvement in getting the Hulk angry was not something I expected. She changed her ways and that is good.

I'm just bummed that Wanda and Vision won't be singing the WandaVision theme song. I'm glad the show's creators composed one. I'm VERY curious to hear what it sounds like:

https://thedirect.com/article/elizab...vision-singing
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-10-2021 at 09:52 AM.

I think the fanboys who hated on Schaeffer had nothing to worry about. They were just upset that they thought her writing staff would mock the values and beliefs of 20th century American society with their "radical feminist" views. But it appears they're just lovingly paying tribute to that era through honoring the sitcoms of that time. There was no need to get so upset about that in my opinion.