Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Got two more in today.

3) Chef (2014) - I really enjoyed this. Kind of a no frills heart felt feel good movie. The one small issue I had with it was it was clearly a showcase of how many famous people Favreau knows. So many parts felt as if they were written to accommodate certain actors' schedules rather than the story. [Netflix]
    4) Blood Simple (1984) - Kind of on the fence here. So many Coen quirks are on display here, but they aren't quite fully baked yet. I think what I missed most here were the endearing ne'er-do-wells that pepper their later work. [HBO Max]

I started New Years Day off with a personal tradition...
    (I used either Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Spectrum VOD, Disney, Crackle, or my own DVDs)

1. The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended)
    2. The Two Towers
    3. The Return of the King
    -------------------------------------------------------
    4. The Midnight Sky
    5. Johnny Mnemonic
    6. Extracurricular
    7. A Perfect Plan
    8. Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1
    9. Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2
    10. The New Mutants
    11. The Predator
    12. A League of Their Own
    13. Unlocked
    14. Angels & Demons
    15. Romancing the Stone
    16. The Jewel of the Nile
    17. Nocturne
    18. Inglorious Basterds
    19. Driven
    20. Locker 13
    21. Avengers Endgame
    22. The Answer
    23. Brightburn
    24. The Contract
    25. Momentum
    26. Land of the Lost (2009)
    27. Painkillers
    28. Contract Killers
    29. The Courier
    30. Push
    31. The Lost City of Z
    Last edited by SaintxSinnr; 01-13-2021 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Update List

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintxSinnr View Post
    I started New Years Day off with a personal tradition...
    (I used either Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Spectrum VOD, Disney, Crackle, or my own DVDs)

1. The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended)
    2. The Two Towers
    3. The Return of the King
    4. The Midnight Sky
    5. Johnny Mnemonic
    6. Extracurricular
    7. A Perfect Plan
    8. Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1
    9. Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2
    10. The New Mutants
    11. The Predator
    12. A League of Their Own
    13. Unlocked
    14. Angels & Demons
    15. Romancing the Stone
    16. The Jewel of the Nile
    17. Nocturne
    18. Inglorious Basterds
    19. Driven
    WOW, All That Already SaintxSinnr, I am Serious Impressed , Keep Up the good work and to all the Same as well!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Glad to be back. As always, I will be compiling a master list of movies in this first post, and updating the thread as I hit certain milestones.

1) The Dry (2020)
    2) Becky (2020)
    3) The Gatling Gun (1971)
    4) Angel (1983)
    5) Monster Hunter (2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    In my usual burst of New Year's optimism, sign me up! Now to decide which movie I want to start the year off with.

1. Captain America the First Avenger (New Year Day movie!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    bABADOok - amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Got two more in today.

3) Chef (2014) - I really enjoyed this. Kind of a no frills heart felt feel good movie. The one small issue I had with it was it was clearly a showcase of how many famous people Favreau knows. So many parts felt as if they were written to accommodate certain actors' schedules rather than the story. [Netflix]
    4) Blood Simple (1984) - Kind of on the fence here. So many Coen quirks are on display here, but they aren't quite fully baked yet. I think what I missed most here were the endearing ne'er-do-wells that pepper their later work. [HBO Max]
    Very Nice Work Sofar Everyone, I am Truly Please to see So Many coming back for this Year, Thank You!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    WOW, All That Already SaintxSinnr, I am Serious Impressed
    I usually watch a lot of movies and stuff, pretty easy to do when there's nowhere to go nowadays. But before in my youth I'd read 3-4 books a week, one summer I was laid up sick I read 33 books in 2 1/2 months.

Going with movies that made me think sub-challenge recommended by Attila Kiss for January.

Movie #1/ Movie That Made Me Think #1: Donnie Darko(DVD)
    I haven't seen it in a while, and remember being more impressed by the philosophical questions last time. It's a bit pretentious, but I do appreciate how fully realized the people around Donnie Darko are.
    8/10

Movie #2/ Movie That Made Me Think #2: The Social Network (DVD)
    Probably my favorite straightforward drama of the 21st Century. It's inspirational and a cautionary tale. One of the things it does very well is to have really loaded scenes with a lot going on at once.
    10/10

Movie #3/ Movie That Made Me Think #3: Daisies (Criterion DVD)
    This surrealist farce makes me think in a different way, as I'm trying to figure out what's going on, what the director is trying to say, the reasons for artistic choices (jump cuts, color filters) when not swept in by the mischief.
    9/10

Movie #4/ New Movie #1: Remembering History- The Battle of Algiers (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    Historical context for The Battle of Algiers. Included as a supplement in The Battle of Algiers Criterion Blu-Ray. It's a decent talking heads documentary from the people who participated in an international conflict, and have varying degrees of regret about what they did.
    8/10

Movie #5/ New Movie #2: Gillo Pontecorvo: Dictatorship of Truth, Gillo Pontecorvo's Return to Algiers, Marxist Poetry: The Making of Battle of Algiers (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    I'm counting these documentaries ranging from 40 to 58 minutes as one film. They provide insights into the artistry of the film and what was going on behind the scenes.
    8/10

Movie #6/ Movie That Made Me Think #4: The Battle of Algiers (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    A genius of the film is taking Italian neorealism to a new setting: the battle against (and I suppose, for) French colonialism in Algiers. There is a great sense of scale, and setting, along with a fantastic score by Morricone that seems to be an appropriate mix of folk music, military marching band and machinery. The extras did help with the historical context.
    10/10

Movie #7/ Movie That Made Me Think #5: 1984 (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    I do appreciate how well-realized and lived in this version of Oceania is. The film conveys how broken everything is, and how defeated the people look. With all the talk about what is Orwellian, it is worth noting that the ultimate betrayal at the end reveals an even darker message and possibility than the majority of the film. John Hurt is really good at playing a cog in an alien environment, where it is difficult to articulate basic human needs and emotions, although Richard Burton may have the superior performance, with a tone that is just perfect for his role.
    9/10
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 01-18-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Going with movies that made me think sub-challenge recommended by Attila Kiss for January.

Movie #1/ Movie That Made Me Think #1: Donnie Darko(DVD)
    I haven't seen it in a while, and remember being more impressed by the philosophical questions last time. It's a bit pretentious, but I do appreciate how fully realized the people around Donnie Darko are.
    8/10

Movie #2/ Movie That Made Me Think #2: The Social Network (DVD)
    Probably my favorite straightforward drama of the 21st Century. It's inspirational and a cautionary tale. One of the things it does very well is to have really loaded scenes with a lot going on at once.
    10/10

Movie #3/ Movie That Made Me Think #3: Daisies (Criterion DVD)
    This surrealist farce makes me think in a different way, as I'm trying to figure out what's going on, what the director is trying to say, the reasons for artistic choices (jump cuts, color filters) when not swept in by the mischief.
    9/10

Movie #4/ New Movie #1: Remembering History- The Battle of Algiers (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    Historical context for The Battle of Algiers. Included as a supplement in The Battle of Algiers Criterion Blu-Ray.
    8/10

Movie #5/ New Movie #2: Gillo Pontecorvo: Dictatorship of Truth, Gillo Pontecorvo's Return to Algiers, Marxist Poetry: The Making of Battle of Algiers (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    I'm counting these documentaries ranging from 40 to 58 minutes as one film. They provide insights into the artistry of the film and what was going on behind the scenes.
    8/10

Movie #6/ Movie That Made Me Think #4: The Battle of Algiers (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    The movie does an exceptional job of showing what it was like on the ground, and the shortcomings of both sides.
    10/10

Movie #7/ Movie That Made Me Think #5: 1984 (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    I do appreciate how well-realized and lived in this version of Oceania is.
    9/10
    Nice Job so far, ones I really want to watch down the line Donnie Darko & 1984, Thanks for the views on the movies.

Movie #8/ Movie That Made Me Think #6: The Truman Show (Epix)
    While the film has a lot to say about the media, and the reality we’re presented with, what I’ve thought about more is how much Truman was impacted by a college romance a decade earlier. It’s an excellent showcase for Jim Carrey, although Ed Harris is fantastic as the showrunner orchestrating every facet of Truman’s life while essentially loving him from afar. I do like the score; it reminds me a lot of Murray Gold’s Doctor Who.
    9/10

Movie #9/ Movie That Made Me Think #7: Town Bloody Hall (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    It’s a Cinéma vérité about an interesting debate that does highlight differences between four strands of feminism (lesbian separatism, political activist, radical, old-fashioned academic) and has a lot of great moments. Norman Mailer is an interesting character as the male establishment punching bag although he focused way too much on his own neuroticism. It ends anticlimactically, which isn’t the fault of the documentarian.
    8/10

Movie #10/ New Movie #3: The Current War Directors Cut
    (Showtime)
    This is a type of movie I often really like (contest of ideas between intelligent people in American history), and it may be worth analyzing in greater detail for why it’s okay, but not great. It’s a standard Cumberbatch performance, and his Edison dominates everyone else, including the combined rivals. The conflict has good moments, but it just isn’t spectacular or meaningful for Edison, who loses something more important well before that.
    7/10

Movie #11/ New Movie #4: Ham on Rye (Mubi)
    This is a strange independent film about an odd ritual that isn’t much explained, which gives it an interesting tone, although it compromises narrative integrity. It starts with pleasant enough teen hijinks, but there is an unsettling undercurrent before we get to the one supernatural event. There is an emotional truth with the subsequent change in the narrative, as someone tries to figure out how things are suddenly so different. It’s not the most satisfying film, but it is quite deliberate.
    7/10

Movie #12/ New Movie #5: Paradise Hills (Showtime)
    This sci-fi film about young women being reeducated in a mysterious island setting seems to have a lot of elements inadequately cobbled together. The sets and costumes are nice, giving it a weird Alice in Wonderland/ The Fifth Element vibe. The central mistake may be the lack of attention to the dystopian world outside the events in this rehab center, which prevents the characters from being more than cliches. The acting, blocking and script are also rather weak.
    3/10

Movie #13/ Movie That Made Me Think #8: Contempt (DVD)
    The conflicts on the set of the movie get into some interesting arguments about art VS commerce, but the more interesting conflict is the collapse of the marriage, and the effort to pinpoint when and how it occurred. Jack Palanche’s obnoxious American producer is a false note, although there is some fun with mistranslations.
    8/10

Movie #14/ New Movie #6: The Story of Temple Drake (Criterion DVD)
    At one point, this film was so shocking that it disappeared from circulation for decades, and led to the creation of the Hayes Code. Now it’s a somewhat dated and weirdly paced crime movie, although it is beautifully shot. The first half is weaker, with Miriam Hopkins as a hedonist by the standards of 1930s Hollywood, although the second half is more interesting, as she finds herself stuck in terrible situations.
    7/10
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Movie #15/ New Movie #7: Brian’s Song (Epix)
    This TV movie featured the breakout performances of James Caan and Billie Dee Williams as two very different NFL teammates from the beginning of their friendship to a final illness. It’s very quick, carried by the likability of the leads.
    8/10

Movie #16/ Movie That Made Me Think #9: The Imitation Game (Roku Channel)
    The story of a genius who accomplishes great things in World War 2 gets into some interesting questions about the right way to approach complex problems, the necessity of building interpersonal relationships, the tragedy of how a great man was wronged, and the dilemma of figuring out what to do after they accomplish their great task. Cumberbatch’s Turing starts out a bit obvious, but reveals layers, which elevates some weaknesses in the film. It deserved the Oscar nominations it got.
    9/10

Movie #17/ New Movie #8: Spontaneous (Epix)
    I was a bit surprised that I hadn't heard about a dark high school comedy that came out last year, and was at 98% at Rotten Tomatoes. The story of the reactions of a town to spontaneous explosions is weirdly prescient in showing the reaction and panic to an unpredictable medical event. There’s a major tonal shift, although it does work in a story about senseless mayhem and its aftermath.
    8/10

Movie #18/ New Movie #9: The King and the Mockingbird (Mubi)
    It’s a beautiful and strange animated film that has its own voice, separate from what we’re used to from Disney, Looney Tunes or the geniuses of anime. It’s a hodgepodge of a lot of ideas, but they generally blend together pretty well, creating a sense of a world where anything can happen.
    8/10

Movie #19/ Movie That Made Me Think #10: I Am Not Your Negro (Netflix)
    The transformation of an early draft of a never-completed James Baldwin is a clever and thought-provoking take on race and storytelling, and the question of how much has changed since his time. When Bobby Kennedy made his prescient statement in the 1960s that there may be an African-American president in forty years, Baldwin was arguing that it was possible, but that it wouldn’t be enough
    8/10

Movie #20/ New Movie #10: Lone Wolf and Cub- Baby Cart in Peril (Criterion Blu-Ray)
    This entry into the Lone Wolf saga combines multiple stories. The tattooed assassin story was one of my favorites in the manga, but this adaptation is just okay. The direction seems a bit boring. The film crystalizes what works and doesn’t about Tomisaburo Wakayama’s take on Ogami Itto. He can never be the instantly imposing swordsman from the manga, but it does make sense that he’s always underestimated.
    7/10

Movie #21/ New Movie #11: Robin Hood Men in Tights (Blu-Ray)
    It’s not on the level of Mel Brooks’ best parodies, but it is fun and certainly an improvement over Prince of Thieves, a film it riffs a lot. It makes me wish Cary Elwes had more lead roles after The Princess Bride.
    7/10

Movie #22/ New Movie #12: The Vast of Night (Amazon Prime)
    It’s a decent take on a story that’s been done before (alien abductions in a small southwest town) elevated by the story of how the leads figure out something weird is going on, and the hints of a larger mystery as they face something incomprehensible. There are some bold storytelling choices, most of which (extended sequence of a character using 1950s technology to communicate, a lengthy conversation with a caller to a radio show, an unbroken long shot through the entire town) work pretty well.
    8/10
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Movie #23/ New Movie #13: Croupier (Showtime)
    I had never heard about the movie until I looked up old National Board of Review top tens. It had an interesting hook (British neonoir about a casino employee/ struggling writer who gets dragged into a robbery by a dangerous woman) and it was on Showtime. There’s a good sense of atmosphere, and it captures what these second-tier casinos are like. Clive Owen’s protagonist has a detached view of everything that fits pretty well, although the plot he gets into is rather vague, which makes the twists somewhat little hollow.
    7/10

Movie #24: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (Showtime)
    It reminds me of Michael Curtz’s early two-color technicolor films, which weren’t that good either. I can see why the director was so hyped and then never did anything again despite working on a major studio film with a top-tier cast. The actors seem bored with what’s going on, and there’s a twist with the villain that explains why he’s played by Laurence Olivier (who had been dead for 17 years by the time the movie comes out) but that means we don’t have much of an antagonist for the generic aviator and girl reporter.
    6/10

Movie #25/ New Movie #14: Martin Eden (Mubi)
    There’s a weird anachronistic approach to this film, which transplants Jack London’s 1909 American novel Martin Eden to an Italy that is hard to place (everyone has TVs but the country gets involved in war, the debates on socialism seem to come from the early 20th century but the fashion and transportation comes later) which makes it hard to get a context for the struggling writer. Luca Marinelli is good at depicting the writer’s passion and individualism, as well as his transformation from a striver to a disillusioned “success.”
    7/10

An aim for February will be to watch the five episodes of Small Axe, and five more movies by black directors.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Not going in for any of the sub-challenges for now. I always start out doing this and then I get lazy or can't find anything worth watching. Anyway, here goes so far for 2021....not many yet since I've mostly watched old tv or ghost hunting stuff on YouTube. I may amend this post as I go back over any other movies I may have watched and forgotten about in January.

In no particular order so far: I've seen all of these before but I usually enjoy revisiting them from time to time

1. The Day the World Ended (I love old Roger Corman sci-fi / horror)
    2. The War of the Colossal Beast (more 50s sci fi - sequel to the Amazing Colossal Man!)
    3. The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3....not one of the remakes but the original with Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw as the lead hijacker of a subway car. Great heist movie
    4. The Night of the Hunter. I probably watch this every year. It is now considered a classic of American film but was a box office failure and not very well received by critics. It is the only film actor Charles Laughton directed.
    5. The Beast with Five Fingers. Starring Peter Lorre and directed by Robert Florey who was originally going to direct Frankenstein with Bela Lugosi playing the Monster. The project was scrapped and only a few parts of Florey's script were used in the James Whale film.
    6. Airport ....the movie that launched a dozen or so disaster films.
    7. Batman Returns DC had the better launches of the characters to film but then things went south after this movie IMO. I don't think there's been a hotter couple than Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer in the superhero genre
    8. Plan 9 from Outer Space....the only thing you can say about this is film is that it is so terrible that it's entertaining to watch.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-01-2021 at 10:43 PM.

5) Shirley (2020) - This was a pretty fun snapshot of the life of an interesting figure. I love that it kind of gave her life the vibe of a Shirley Jackson short story instead of just telling her story in typical biopic, sequential narrative format. It did meander a bit though and I don't think they quite landed the messaging. [Hulu]

6) Raising Arizona (1987) - So much fun. I don't think it quite hits the same highs as a Fargo or has the consistency of tone as The Big Lewbowski and it got a bit too over the top at the end, but I had a really good time watching this one. [Blu-ray]

7) Paths of Glory (1957) - Maybe one of the most upsetting movies that I've seen in a very long time. As someone who considers themself a bit of a pacifist, this made me hate war more than I already did. Should be required viewing before running for office or accepting a promotion to a leadership position in the military. [Criterion Channel]

8) They Shall Not Grow Old (2018) - To continue our trip of watching movies about World War 1, we have Peter Jackson's technical marvel where he went in and remastered footage from the war. I would have liked to have seen a bit more narrative and chronology. It doesn't really work as a documentary on its own and works better as a supplement to other materials. [Blu-ray]

9) The Matrix (1999) - This did not hold up well on re-watch. It's still a solid, original film, but it is the definition of style over substance. The all-black leather aesthetic just looks laughable in 2021, perhaps due to how many films' costuming were influenced by this one (looking at you, X-Men). Definitely not a bad film, but it's hard to say that it's a great one. [Blu-ray]

10) Aliens (1986) - I have surprisingly never seen this; made even more surprising by the fact that the original is one of my favorite movies of all time. Maybe it's because I love the first one so much or that I had years of expectations, but I was a little disappointed. The characters and tone are just not as strong for me as the first one. It did a good job increasing the steaks, but I wanted more. [HBO Max]

11) The Princess Bride (1987)* - My wife and I watched this for a Socially Distant Dinner and a movie that our local Indie Theater put on. Their cafe made Mutton Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches, Beef Stew and Peanut "Buttercup" Pies for desert and had an online discussion after the film. It was a lot of fun, great food, great film. How can you not like this movie? [Blu-ray]

12) Lawrence of Arabia (1962) - This was great. Visually arresting and it's not just the well shot desert vistas. The camera is doing so much heavy lifting and rarely taking the easy way out in any one shot. The character work is surprisingly good for the era as well. [Blu-ray]

13) Casablanca (1942)* - I genuinely think that this is a perfect movie. If there were someone who was raised in captivity and had no clue what a movie was, this is the one I would show them. It's firing on all cylinders and I attribute that to it being one of the first cross-genre movies. It's a romance, it's a war movie, it's a thriller, it's kind of a noir. Having now seen all of the first 25 movies on the AFI Top 100 list, this is the only one that I can comfortably say deserves its placement without question. This is the best that the medium has to offer. [Blu-ray]

Default January in a rearview screen

Nice tackle of the sub-challenge Mister Mets.
    I've seen Donnie Darko, 1984, and The Truman Show.
    They do make me think, so I'm sure the rest of the movies you listed can have the same effect.
    I'm not following my own sub-challenge, because that would mean I would have to rewatch movies I already saw, and quite frankly I rather watch a mediocre new-to-me film than a great one I can still recall in details.
    A new feature for me this year, I will rate the movies I watched on a scale of 5 stars:
    ✰✰✰✰✰ Really liked it. Although rarely buy DVDs and BluRays anymore, I would still love to see this film again in probably 10 years' time.
    ✰✰✰✰ It was just as entertaining as the 5-star movie, but I wouldn't necessarily buy it, or be upset if I don't see it again.
    ✰✰✰ A good film with flaws. Still... comfortable to recommend it.
    ✰✰ A movie I suffered through, saw only the beginning then skipped to the end, took a nap for a while, left it playing while engaged in other activities. Not recommended, nor qualifies here.
    Watched the first 10-20 minutes then turned it off. You won't see it listed here either.

1. Rogue (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    2. Suburra (2015) - ✰✰✰✰
    3. Alibi.com (2017) - ✰✰✰✰
    4. The Hunt (2020) - ✰✰✰✰✰
    5. The Big Ugly (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    6. Birds Of Prey (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    7. The Vanished (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    8. Asphalt Burning (2020) - ✰✰✰
    9. Train To Busan (2016) - ✰✰✰✰✰
    10. Outside The Wire (2021) - ✰✰✰✰✰
    11. Shadow In The Cloud (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    12. Attack On Titan Part 1 / Part 2 (2015) - ✰✰✰
    13. Train To Busan Presents: Peninsula (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    14. Enter The Fat Dragon (2020) - ✰✰✰✰✰
    15. Bad Boys For Life (2020) - ✰✰✰✰✰
    16. The Midnight Sky (2020) - ✰✰✰
    17. Fantasy Island (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    18. Project Power (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    19. Run Hide Fight (2020) - ✰✰✰
    20. Honest Thief (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    21. Death Of Me (2020) - ✰✰✰
    22. Below Zero (2021) - ✰✰✰
    23. Sightless (2020) - ✰✰✰
    24. Seized (2020) - ✰✰✰✰
    25. Taxi 4 (2007) - ✰✰✰
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Didn't see this thread earlier so here is hat I had for January, oddly enough I keep a log of all the movies I've watched. Most of it was on HBO MAX and January was a very busy month for me.

1. Fast and furious Tokyo drift 1/2
    2. Batman and Harley Quinn 1/3
    3. Batman: Assault on Arkham 1/4
    4. Batman: Bad Blood 1/4
    5. Karate Kid Part III 1/7
    6. Wonder Woman 1984 1/16
    7. Roger Waters The Wall 1/16
    8. Cold Creek Manor 1/17
    9. Terminator: Dark Fate 1/17
    10. Purple Rain 1/17
    11. Batman: Death in the Family 1/17
    12. Batman: Gotham by Gaslight 1/22
    13. Tolkien 1/26
    14. Return to Oz 1/29
    15. Back to the Future 1/31
    16. Back to the Future II 1/31
    17. Back to the Future III 1/31

The only one I would guess I'd need clarification on would be Roger Waters The Wall. It is basically a concert of Rogers Waters preforming the entire Wall album and would be really enjoyable for any fan of Pink Floyd. It does give some back ground on Waters family and how both his grandfather and father were killed in World Wars and some of his inspiration in writing The Wall in-between songs.

Last edited by Moon Ronin; 02-04-2021 at 11:04 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

MAD MAX

18. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981) 2/4 on HBO MAX
    19. Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome (1985) 2/4 on HBO MAX
    20. Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) 2/4 on HBO MAX
    21. Mad Max (1979) 2/5 on IFC

I've been a Mad Max fan since I first saw The Road Warrior in the early 80s. Took me a bit to find the first one, it is on Netflix if anyone is intreated but I was having issues with that service and my internet so I ended up watching the first one last. I wonder how different that movie would have been if George Miller had a bigger budget. Really looking forward to the Furiosa spin off set to be released in 2023.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting