Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... just... how in the hell do people even "know" that certain social media profiles are his? Are his friends (ex-friends?) "outing" him, who the hell invests this much energy in digging down these digital rabbit holes..? Fandom of anyone writ large is going to be increasingly problematic from now on...
    People found out the Reddit was his because it was the profile that he used for doing a Q&A for a show he was in a while back. Apparently there was even a post where he says his name. So once people found this profile and knew it was attributed to him, they basically just went back on his post history and found everything. It's actually not that hard, specially when people have a lot of time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Now that the movie came out, do you think the comics will give Shang Chi those ten rings? And if so, how soon do you think it would happen?
    I definitely could see that happening, although I do wonder if they would give him the traditional 10 Rings, which are so different in the comics, or they would find a way to give him the ''arm rings'' from the movies and basically sell it as brand new artifacts on Marvel Comics lore. I feel like the second option might be better, 'cause then Shang could have his own mythology instead of feeling like he is ripping off the Mandarin stuff. I'm not even sure if connecting him to the Mandarin in the comics is a good idea since the MCU actually worked hard to erase that connection and show his father is not ''the Mandarin'' (he even mocks the name in the movie).
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-17-2021 at 06:25 PM.