Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    spoilers:
    Those scenes between Shang and the Mandarin hint at some pretty deep conversations. Seems to resonate with a lot of Asians.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed. The dynamic between spoilers:
    parents and children here is easy to relate to.
    end of spoilers
    And finally, there are those touches of the MCU here. Indeed was that spoilers:
    Fin Fang Foom
    end of spoilers and spoilers:
    the Abomination
    end of spoilers?! Holy crap, the movie is featuring them?!
    I know right? I had to turn on closed caption to confirm that second one was that character.
    Liking what I'm seeing. And it feels like a lot of people are jumping on to the Shang-Chi bandwagon. Very proud!
    Love the enthusiasm but sick of all the "where's the No Way Home trailer" comments that spam every Marvel video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hold on just a minute. Was that ANOTHER Marvel character in the trailer? Was that spoilers:
    Wong? Could have sworn that was a Dr. Strange shield there
    end of spoilers.
    That's what some of the comments said too.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Agreed. The dynamic between spoilers:
    parents and children here is easy to relate to.
    end of spoilers
    Very. Lots of flashbacks for me. The dynamic strikes many cords. I'm glad that the movie decided to pick up on that story point. It's a fundamental aspect of Shang-Chi and gives him depth. And I know someone like Tony Leung will add even more depth to the character.

I know right? I had to turn on closed caption to confirm that second one was that character.
    Ha, just saw that. Others have confirmed it as well. Still, if it's that character, I wonder how Shang could take him on ?

That's what some of the comments said too.
    Here's hoping. Heck, here's hoping more MCU characters show up in this film!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

Didn't expect all that. Nice to see Shang-Chi's abilities. As for those other characters, they're all confirmed?

It definitely looks like a Shang-Chi movie .

So Michelle Yeoh is playing Shang Chi's mother?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It’s either that or Aletta is really invested in a heist

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Although it would be nice, they show his mother in the trailer and she's played by another actress. Marvel uses cgi to de-age actors when they play the same character bu younger.

Also, I was waiting to see ir Shang Chi was gonna have some kind of powers or technology since it would be kind of weird for him to be in the same team as all these other characters without so much as a weapon. Black Widow and Hawkeye at least have guns, explosives and other stuff.
    It seems like Shang Chi will end up getting the rings right? What do you guys think the rings do exactly and do you think this will be adopted by the comics?

Ultimate Member

It's possible he might get them in the comics. Idk how active synergy is right now

I'm almost disappointed in the reveal of (special characters). It would have been great to simply let the first USA viewing audiences find out when they go see the film.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

You were right on the money Tien Long! About Shang-Chi being trained also by a woman. Who better than the legendary Michelle Yeoh.

I really like what I'm seeing so far. The fantasy elements look really cool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's here! Just two minutes old.

As a old school Shang Chi fan, does the mystical kung fu story "feel" like a traditional Shang Chi story? I mean there are literal mythical beast in the film. Gives me the feel of an Iron Fist K'un-Lun story. Shang's stories always felt more grounded to me. I can see how the MCU wants to bring the Hong Kong, Chinese' style sword and sorcery' films to the MCU, but it doesn't feel like a traditional Shang Chi story. Oh I will be there to see it when it drops but I just want to know what other Shang Chi fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    As a old school Shang Chi fan, does the mystical kung fu story "feel" like a traditional Shang Chi story? I mean there are literal mythical beast in the film. Gives me the feel of an Iron Fist K'un-Lun story. Shang's stories always felt more grounded to me. I can see how the MCU wants to bring the Hong Kong, Chinese' style sword and sorcery' films to the MCU, but it doesn't feel like a traditional Shang Chi story. Oh I will be there to see it when it drops but I just want to know what other Shang Chi fans think.
    do you think it should have been more like The Raid? Just curious.
    I'm just curious to check it out and enjoy. By the time I began collecting comics, I missed out on the original comics run, and never really bought the back issues while I was occasionally buying other backsies. Maybe I picked up some here and there in a quarter bin, that sort of thing.. Never really got a feel for what "the original saga" was all about, but I always wanted him to appear more often.. By the time Jackie Chan became a big deal in the USA I figure Marvel editorial just decided there's no angle to explore rebooting Shang since Jackie's thing was action-comedy and Shang's tales were serious. but I figured by the time that Jet Li became a known actor in the USA that Marvel would try to jump on that bandwagon with some recurring mini series at least, or another solo ongoing. it never happened. same thing with all the martial arts-based videogames that have been around since forever. No licensing deals struck to develop him. Oh well...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    do you think it should have been more like The Raid? Just curious.
    I'm just curious to check it out and enjoy. By the time I began collecting comics, I missed out on the original comics run, and never really bought the back issues while I was occasionally buying other backsies. Maybe I picked up some here and there in a quarter bin, that sort of thing.. Never really got a feel for what "the original saga" was all about, but I always wanted him to appear more often.. By the time Jackie Chan became a big deal in the USA I figure Marvel editorial just decided there's no angle to explore rebooting Shang since Jackie's thing was action-comedy and Shang's tales were serious. but I figured by the time that Jet Li became a known actor in the USA that Marvel would try to jump on that bandwagon with some recurring mini series at least, or another solo ongoing. it never happened. same thing with all the martial arts-based videogames that have been around since forever. No licensing deals struck to develop him. Oh well...
    To put it this way, when I saw the film, "The Raid," I instantly thought, this director should direct a Shang Chi movie/series. I enjoyed the Raid films but some of the choreography can be more dance like; similar to Jackie Chans choreography. But to me with the feel of the trailer, the Shang film is closer to the comics Iron Fist mythology than Shang Chi's. This is because Shang initial series biggest influence was Bruce Lee and Marvel is bring the wonder of Hong Kong's later action movies to the MCU which is a bit less Bruce Lee and more Shaw Brothers/Tsui Hark. Or maybe somewhere in the middle. I mean there are Chinese mythical beasts in the film which one would see more in a K'un-Lun story than a Shang Chi story. But I love the 90's Hong Kong era of action movies so I will be there to see it. But as an old school Shang Chi fan, it feels a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Although it would be nice, they show his mother in the trailer and she's played by another actress. Marvel uses cgi to de-age actors when they play the same character bu younger.

Also, I was waiting to see ir Shang Chi was gonna have some kind of powers or technology since it would be kind of weird for him to be in the same team as all these other characters without so much as a weapon. Black Widow and Hawkeye at least have guns, explosives and other stuff.
    It seems like Shang Chi will end up getting the rings right? What do you guys think the rings do exactly and do you think this will be adopted by the comics?
    I wouldn't mind. The idea of Shang having some kinds of powers would be cool. Being an accomplished fighter is good and he should keep those skills. Having the powers of the Mandarin's rings would elevate him to more of a serious figure in the Marvel universe, someone who could go against a Dr. Doom or Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    You were right on the money Tien Long! About Shang-Chi being trained also by a woman. Who better than the legendary Michelle Yeoh.

I really like what I'm seeing so far. The fantasy elements look really cool.
    Thanks bro. Yeah, the filmmakers have to be reading this thread. I've been talking about Shang having a female master for years now. I think that's great. Michelle Yeoh's character adds that balance and perspective to Shang's life. I'm digging the fantasy elements as well.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    To put it this way, when I saw the film, "The Raid," I instantly thought, this director should direct a Shang Chi movie/series. I enjoyed the Raid films but some of the choreography can be more dance like; similar to Jackie Chans choreography. But to me with the feel of the trailer, the Shang film is closer to the comics Iron Fist mythology than Shang Chi's. This is because Shang initial series biggest influence was Bruce Lee and Marvel is bring the wonder of Hong Kong's later action movies to the MCU which is a bit less Bruce Lee and more Shaw Brothers/Tsui Hark. Or maybe somewhere in the middle. I mean there are Chinese mythical beasts in the film which one would see more in a K'un-Lun story than a Shang Chi story. But I love the 90's Hong Kong era of action movies so I will be there to see it. But as an old school Shang Chi fan, it feels a bit off.
    Shang has his roots in espionage, I'll give you that. Basically he was an extension of Bruce Lee's character from "Enter The Dragon." Thus, it would make sense if he's in that world of would be conquerors and despots who are within the realm of the possible. Part of the movie seems to be that. The Mandarin commands an army of soldiers who use martial arts, random gadgets, and helicopters. But when adding the Mandarin with his powerful rings (which hopefully will exhibit the abilities like those in the comics), that opens the possibility for the otherworldly and the mystical. That makes sense to me. And I'm all for Shang taking part in that world.
    "I am a man of peace."

Wow folks! In just one day, the new Shang-Chi trailer has garnered 7.2 million views! I've been watching a ton of react videos and everyone is just really psyched over this movie.
    "I am a man of peace."