Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Mandarin looks like a cross between an ancient Chinese Warlord and a modern gangster

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Trailer Out!

And of course Marvel would drop this on Simu Liu’s birthday. Lol. I’m really looking forward to this!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yeah I enjoyed the epic battle stuff in there and it looks like the cinematography is going for a different style compared to other MCU movies up to this point. I felt like this teaser showcased more of the martial arts more than the powers of Shang-Chi. Guess they're saving those for a later trailer.
    I guess so. I'm curious to see how much "power" he will have

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Mandarin looks like a cross between an ancient Chinese Warlord and a modern gangster
    Makes sense. That's probably what he'll be

Is that Shang-chi using the 10 rings?

shang-chi.jpg

The trailer is freaking awesome. I can't wait to watch this movie.

As someone who has grown up on old school kung fu and wuxia films this checks all the boxes for me. I can't freakin wait to see this movie! So lucky I'll be vaccinated in time to see all the Marvel movies in theaters by the time they start up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post

shang-chi.jpg
    Looking at his costume in the poster I don't think so. If it was Shang-Chi then the glossy patch on the pants would be covered by the red top of his costume. Best bet it's another villain for him to face. Or maybe Mandarin during a flash back to when he first used the ten rings in battle.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Makes sense. That's probably what he'll be
    Seems like they straight up merged Mandarin and Zheng Zu.

Zheng Zu's immortality and army of kung fu hitmen with Mandarin's rings and one time mobster backstory

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Wake up, Tien Long my brother! Lol.
    Ha, teaching classes now bro! Soon!

But looking at all of this, can't tell you, nearly on the verge of tears now. It's really happening!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post

shang-chi.jpg
    This seems like a flash back.

Probably giving a history lesson of the ten rings and the temple or whatever.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Hopefully the racists will stay away from this film, and hopefully they will not "review bomb" this movie before it comes out, like they tried to do to various other films, like black panther, captain marvel, the recent star wars films, etc.
    The trailer has a lot of information inside, almost too much. I think the bus sequence could have been kept hidden until the premiere. I think they could have focused more on dialogue and a few fighting sequences.
    I recognize Razor Fist, Sai and Lionmane, I think.. but they may be other characters entirely.

Hopefully this is a setup for three films, or having Shang lead the Pacific Avengers.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So now the Ten Rings are on the arms and not the fingers. Interesting choice.

Also, based on that throne shot apparently Trevor Slattery kinda nailed it with his Fake Mandarin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hopefully the racists will stay away from this film, and hopefully they will not "review bomb" this movie before it comes out, like they tried to do to various other films, like black panther, captain marvel, the recent star wars films, etc.
    The trailer has a lot of information inside, almost too much. I think the bus sequence could have been kept hidden until the premiere. I think they could have focused more on dialogue and a few fighting sequences.
    I recognize Razor Fist, Sai and Lionmane, I think.. but they may be other characters entirely.

Hopefully this is a setup for three films, or having Shang lead the Pacific Avengers.
    And yet those review bombs did nothing to stop the film’s momentum except make people want to see said movies more. Let the racist piss babies stay mad for all I care.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Trailer looks good, as we/I should have expected. Very good set up to tell audiences what to expect, an Origin style film.

If there is not a Sandra Bullock and/or Speed joke in that bus sequence somewhere I may be a tad dissapointed.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Trailer looks good, as we/I should have expected. Very good set up to tell audiences what to expect, an Origin style film.

If there is not a Sandra Bullock and/or Speed joke in that bus sequence somewhere I may be a tad dissapointed.
    whenever the DVD comes out I hope there is an exploration of that sequence. Looks elaborate.