Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    You're welcome. Please, poste it here when the book is out!
    Most definitely. It’s pretty spoiler free, but I do gush at how good it is, so I might be able to post it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just one question.Do they job Spider-man or do they do him right.We know he turns into a mystical Spider-beast via preview page but do we get actual good Spider-man or not.
    Still looking forward to the review nonethless
    They do Spidey right. He’s there for the comedy, and it works incredibly well. Wait and see. You won’t be disappointed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    They do Spidey right. He’s there for the comedy, and it works incredibly well. Wait and see. You won’t be disappointed.
    Looking forward to it.Is he just the comedy guy or do we get to see the experienced fighter side even if just a bit?This is the most important factor of the story to me.Also sorry if I am being pushy, just want to know if I should pick this up and am on the fence.If we get even a bit of the experienced fighter side I am in.Just don't want dumb peter who just makes jokes.More like a Zdasrky kind Pete who quips and kicks ass.

Extraordinary Member

Most definitely. It’s pretty spoiler free, but I do gush at how good it is, so I might be able to post it before.
    Please do.If it doesn't have major spoilers it will be a must read.Also are you doing more reviews.If so keep us up to date on which ones.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Because Japanese and Japanese Americans have different experiences with their respective nations' film industries
    The same apply to Chinese and Chinese Americans.

Chinese in China aren't hungry for representation. So it seems this attempt to appeal them without really understanding their culture really bothers them.

That's why they are angry about the "beauty standard" aspect too.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-15-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The same apply to Chinese and Chinese Americans.

Chinese in China aren't hungry for representation. So it seems this attempt to appeal them without really understanding their culture really bothers them.

That's why they are angry about the "beauty standard" aspect too.
    I could understand Chinese Americans being wary too. It's not like Hollywood has ever treated Asian Americans well, or doesn't have its own problematic beauty standards. And frankly, I don't think Chinese people even need Hollywood movies because they have their own massive film industry. That being said, I don't think the insults levelled at the cast members are warranted in any way

Please do.If it doesn't have major spoilers it will be a must read.Also are you doing more reviews.If so keep us up to date on which ones.
    Currently I’m reviewing Shang Chi, Black Cat, Capt. Marvel, Spider-Woman, Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Robin, Catwoman, Eternals, the Avengers, I might do an arc review of Silk once it’s completed, and I’m going to try to get Mackay’s Moon Knight. Basically if it has a strong female lead, I wrestle to be able to review it.

Extraordinary Member

Currently I’m reviewing Shang Chi, Black Cat, Capt. Marvel, Spider-Woman, Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Robin, Catwoman, Eternals, the Avengers, I might do an arc review of Silk once it’s completed, and I’m going to try to get Mackay’s Moon Knight. Basically if it has a strong female lead, I wrestle to be able to review it.
    Okay thanks.Also can you answer the other question if thats okay

"Is he just the comedy guy or do we get to see the experienced fighter side even if just a bit?This is the most important factor of the story to me.Also sorry if I am being pushy, just want to know if I should pick this up and am on the fence.If we get even a bit of the experienced fighter side I am in.Just don't want dumb peter who just makes jokes.More like a Zdasrky kind Pete who quips and kicks ass."

Okay thanks.Also can you answer the other question if thats okay

"Is he just the comedy guy or do we get to see the experienced fighter side even if just a bit?This is the most important factor of the story to me.Also sorry if I am being pushy, just want to know if I should pick this up and am on the fence.If we get even a bit of the experienced fighter side I am in.Just don't want dumb peter who just makes jokes.More like a Zdasrky kind Pete who quips and kicks ass."
    I really don’t want to give too much away, but there’s lots of action in the issue. It’s definitely worth you picking up.

Extraordinary Member

I really don’t want to give too much away, but there’s lots of action in the issue. It’s definitely worth you picking up.
    I understand completely.Thanks a lot.I think I will pick it up.Will read your review(do post a link when you put it up) and let you know what I thought of it is as well.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Please, do it. When Immortal Hulk is over in September, Shang-Chi and MK are going to be my books.

Btw, what would be your grade for Shang-Chi #1?

Extraordinary Member

Please, do it. When Immortal Hulk is over in September, Shang-Chi and MK are going to be my books.

On the note of Immortal Hulk I would love to see Hulk in the Shang chi series.Since they are doing popular heroes.Along with the likes of Black Panther and depending on what the story is maybe they all reappear to help Shang-Chi out in the final fight.Is this a mini or ongoing?

10’s across the board.

I wanted Hulk, but by the time I joined that book already had a permanent reviewer.

Extraordinary Member

10’s across the board.
    That's good to hear.Are you going to post the review tommorow?