Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's versus the FF for September!

SHANG-CHI #4
    GENE LUEN YANG (W) • DIKE RUAN (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Variant Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man 10th ANNIVERSARY
    Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    SHANG-CHI VS. THE FANTASTIC FOUR!
    Someone has been sending Shang-Chi strange messages in his dreams…
    …and the messages seem to be coming from the Negative Zone!
    But who is sending him these messages? And what do they mean?
    And why are the Fantastic Four standing in his way?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Looks great! The crossover looks great. I expect that they'll be some misunderstanding for a bit. The Five Weapons Society will put up a decent showing against the Fantastic Four, who will probably be holding back a bit. And then everyone works together in the end.

I'm most intrigued with the figure in the background. Is that a new sibling? The solicits for the Wolverine issue talk about a new sibling. Could this new sibling turn into a Sister Staff? Here's hoping!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

A slight aside:

Been reading some comments on how the new Snake Eyes and Shang-Chi movies are either in competition with or rip off's of one another. Though I initially dismissed the idea, I couldn't help but notice similarities. On the aesthetic level, just look at the two posters for the movies:

Solitary figures in front of some mysterious symbols. From the trailers themselves, the visuals seem similar. Fights on streets or highways, neon cities, ninja/masked henchmen, caged fights, intense martial arts training, these are some of the common denominators.

Thematic, both deal with Asian male characters searching for an identity. Both deal with secret Asian organizations like The Ten Rings or the Arashikage. Both are masters in the martial arts.

Now, I can only think of a fundamental difference, that of Shang trying to escape his father's legacy. Snake Eyes' deeper themes, the jury is still out.

Truth be told, I don't mind if these are similarities. Both characters are cool. And the movies look cool as well. I'm hoping both movies do well. And hey what's next, a Shang-Chi/Snake Eyes crossover?!....................................... ...................wait a minute......................................
    Last edited by Tien Long; 06-23-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    And hey what's next, a Shang-Chi/Snake Eyes crossover?!....................................... ...................wait a minute......................................
    We got close with this one.

https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.co...rm-shadow.html
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Nice bro! Thanks!
    "I am a man of peace."

TRAILER ALERT! Marvel Studios just posted on its FB page that:

"Tonight! Don’t miss the brand-new trailer for Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings during NBA Countdown on ESPN. Experience it in theaters September 3rd."

Expect it to drop on YouTube soon after. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Are the FF even that tough?
    Um, I don't follow this question. A poster with 7K posts would indicate a long time comic reader.
    Surely knowing they have taken on the toughest cosmic foes in Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Eternals and so many others including Dr. Doom indicates that the FF is tough.
    I like Shang-Chi but this cover should be taken at face value as one panel in a 5 panel fight were after some dialogue they set aside the confusion and work together.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Um, I don't follow this question. A poster with 7K posts would indicate a long time comic reader.
    Surely knowing they have taken on the toughest cosmic foes in Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Eternals and so many others including Dr. Doom indicates that the FF is tough.
    I like Shang-Chi but this cover should be taken at face value as one panel in a 5 panel fight were after some dialogue they set aside the confusion and work together.
    I just meant in terms of actual combat. None of them seem especially powerful to me. Unless Reed pulls out some gadget. Which is how they've defeated all those other foes, right?

So is the entire run going to be about Shang-Chi meeting and getting into conflicts with other heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So is the entire run going to be about Shang-Chi meeting and getting into conflicts with other heroes?
    Pretty much. It's essentially a shangchi Team-Up book.

TRAILER ALERT! Marvel Studios just posted on its FB page that:

"Tonight! Don’t miss the brand-new trailer for Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings during NBA Countdown on ESPN. Experience it in theaters September 3rd."

Expect it to drop on YouTube soon after. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Ha excellent! Will be on the lookout for that! Some screenshots are floating out there already showing the Mandarin with the ten rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I just meant in terms of actual combat. None of them seem especially powerful to me. Unless Reed pulls out some gadget. Which is how they've defeated all those other foes, right?
    Bro, Fantastic Four don't need combat skills to take down Shang and the Five Weapons Society. And we know they've been able to take down foes by using a lot more than just one of Reed's devices.

Like the time Sue used her powers to crack open Celestial armor:

Or Johnny using Nova Flame to short out Ultron:

Or Thing knocking out the Hulk:

So in terms of skill, yes Shang-Chi and his family are probably better. But Fantastic Four aren't going to be using hand to hand. As has been mentioned, there will be some misunderstanding, FF will be holding back, while Shang and his family are trying to get to the Negative Zone.
    "I am a man of peace."

Ultimate Member

I guess Sue is powerful. I just don't read them so Idk their levels now

One thing of note: Sue trained with Iron Fist at one point.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

It's here! Just two minutes old.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

It's here! Just two minutes old.

Ha, beat me to it! Some spoilers:

spoilers:
    Cool action scenes here and there. Nice use of the rings. What really is getting me is the drama though. Those scenes between Shang and the Mandarin hint at some pretty deep conversations. Seems to resonate with a lot of Asians. Also, the dynamic, the relationship of family, this is echoed in the current Shang-Chi series. I'm wondering who Michelle Yeoh is supposed to be. Maybe a master of Shang's? If so, totally called it!
    end of spoilers

And finally, there are those touches of the MCU here. Indeed was that spoilers:
    Fin Fang Foom
    end of spoilers and spoilers:
    the Abomination
    end of spoilers?! Holy crap, the movie is featuring them?!

Liking what I'm seeing. And it feels like a lot of people are jumping on to the Shang-Chi bandwagon. Very proud!
    "I am a man of peace."

Hold on just a minute. Was that ANOTHER Marvel character in the trailer? Was that spoilers:
    Wong? Could have sworn that was a Dr. Strange shield there
    end of spoilers.
    "I am a man of peace."