Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 739
  1. #676
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Awesome preview for Shang-Chi #5:


    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  2. #677
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Preview cont'd:


    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  3. #678

    Default

    wow an unarmed Shang going up against Iron Man? Intriguing.

  4. #679
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Hi all. Sorry for the delay, but did anyone else read Shang-Chi #5? Thought it was a great issue. We're starting to see all of the threads of the previous issues come together here. The enemies that Shang-Chi has made over these issues plus the suspicions of the other heroes are starting to come to fruition. One of the main things that got me this issue was this the theme of trust. Part of me knew it was a little odd how Iron Man held back during the fight with Shang. Seeing how it was just a ploy intrigued me. Tony can certainly be like that.

    At the same time, we continue to see Shang as a leader. He's trying to do the right thing as the Supreme Commander of the Five Weapons Society, but it's proving difficult. At the same time, he is doing his best. Loved the fact that he showed off some impressive skills, many of which seemed to be call backs to movies. The split kick? Straight from the Shang-Chi movie! The bullet catch? Reminded me of The Last Dragon. I recalled Kill Bill and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with the weapons scene and the Shang getting the glove looked like it was from Captain America: Civil War. Again, I'm reminded that in the midst of all of these superheroes and subterfuge, Shang-Chi is armed with just his Kung Fu. And takes down every challenge, one deadly hand at a time .

    The art has definitely improved since the first mini-series. Ruan's art is looking more dynamic and refined. His shading helps to make things more visible.

    In any case, just a great issue. Can't wait to see how all of this culminates in issue #6.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  5. #680
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Awesome preview for Shang-Chi #5:


    Forgot to mention about this scene. I paused here because of Shang's mom's behavior. Yes, she's probably from another dimension. Gene is taking cues from the movie. But that sadness from Shang, that "maybe it's another dimension, or maybe its delusion," that taps into a real fear. How many times have we seen parents suffer from Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or some other form of dementia? How many times have we felt that depression when we have to be the caregivers for our caregivers? Yeah, doesn't matter how many Kung Fu skills you know, you can't really prepare yourself for that.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  6. #681
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Sorry for the delay, but did anyone else read Shang-Chi #5? Thought it was a great issue. We're starting to see all of the threads of the previous issues come together here. The enemies that Shang-Chi has made over these issues plus the suspicions of the other heroes are starting to come to fruition. One of the main things that got me this issue was this the theme of trust. Part of me knew it was a little odd how Iron Man held back during the fight with Shang. Seeing how it was just a ploy intrigued me. Tony can certainly be like that.

    At the same time, we continue to see Shang as a leader. He's trying to do the right thing as the Supreme Commander of the Five Weapons Society, but it's proving difficult. At the same time, he is doing his best. Loved the fact that he showed off some impressive skills, many of which seemed to be call backs to movies. The split kick? Straight from the Shang-Chi movie! The bullet catch? Reminded me of The Last Dragon. I recalled Kill Bill and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with the weapons scene and the Shang getting the glove looked like it was from Captain America: Civil War. Again, I'm reminded that in the midst of all of these superheroes and subterfuge, Shang-Chi is armed with just his Kung Fu. And takes down every challenge, one deadly hand at a time .

    The art has definitely improved since the first mini-series. Ruan's art is looking more dynamic and refined. His shading helps to make things more visible.

    In any case, just a great issue. Can't wait to see how all of this culminates in issue #6.
    Did Iron Man mention how he fights a guy with a similar powerset, i.e. martial arts and chi-channeling, during the fight? You'd think it would be the first thing that pops into his head.

  7. #682
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Did Iron Man mention how he fights a guy with a similar powerset, i.e. martial arts and chi-channeling, during the fight? You'd think it would be the first thing that pops into his head.
    Sorry bro, no mention of the Mandarin. I honestly think Shang wasn't using the chi-channeling during the fight. It was mostly him using various weapons. Moreover, I still feel that Tony was playing along with Shang.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  8. #683
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lower East Side
    Posts
    6,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Sorry for the delay, but did anyone else read Shang-Chi #5? Thought it was a great issue. We're starting to see all of the threads of the previous issues come together here. The enemies that Shang-Chi has made over these issues plus the suspicions of the other heroes are starting to come to fruition. One of the main things that got me this issue was this the theme of trust. Part of me knew it was a little odd how Iron Man held back during the fight with Shang. Seeing how it was just a ploy intrigued me. Tony can certainly be like that.

    At the same time, we continue to see Shang as a leader. He's trying to do the right thing as the Supreme Commander of the Five Weapons Society, but it's proving difficult. At the same time, he is doing his best. Loved the fact that he showed off some impressive skills, many of which seemed to be call backs to movies. The split kick? Straight from the Shang-Chi movie! The bullet catch? Reminded me of The Last Dragon. I recalled Kill Bill and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with the weapons scene and the Shang getting the glove looked like it was from Captain America: Civil War. Again, I'm reminded that in the midst of all of these superheroes and subterfuge, Shang-Chi is armed with just his Kung Fu. And takes down every challenge, one deadly hand at a time .

    The art has definitely improved since the first mini-series. Ruan's art is looking more dynamic and refined. His shading helps to make things more visible.

    In any case, just a great issue. Can't wait to see how all of this culminates in issue #6.
    I've been getting Shang-Chi since issue #1 and of course this is the issue that I was looking forward to the most. It didn't disappoint. The art is fantastic and the writing was on point. I love that no one was written out of character or downplayed. Shang-Chi used his amazing Kung Fu skills and weaponry. Also the way he took off Tony's glove and put it on his own hand was the height of badassery! So while they showed off Shang's skill. They also show Tony using his tech, intellect and cunning. It seems each issue just gets better and better so I can't wait to see what he does against Thor.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-19-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    " I am alive. I am angry. I am no longer apologizing for anything. Not my machines. Not my decisions. Not my deeds. I am going to win this fight. I am the one who wins. Korvac thinks he is a god. But I Am Iron Man.." TONY STARK

  9. #684
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I've been getting Shang-Chi since issue #1 and of course this is the issue that I was looking forward to the most. It didn't disappoint. The art is fantastic and the writing was on point. I love that no one was written out of character and downplayed. Shang-Chi used his amazing Kung Fu skills and weaponry. Also they way he took of Tony's glove and put it on his own hand was the height of badassery! So while they showed off Shang's skill. They Tony uses his tech, intellect and cunning. It seems each issue just gets better and better so I can't wait to see what he does against Thor.
    Ha agreed bro. Yes, I was searching for the word, but I think you said it best with "cunning." The situation between Shang-Chi and Tony seemed to wrap up quite well with that handshake. In one sense, that fit Tony's personality. At the same time, Iron Man planning subterfuge with Red Dot and plotting with the other heroes also fit Tony's personality. Tony thinks Shang-Chi is lying. In reality, Shang-Chi doesn't know that Takeshi actually stole the Cosmic Cube. I'm guessing that the heroes will send Thor next issue just as the insurance against the Five Weapons Society.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  10. #685
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Faster than a speeding bullet:





    Definitely giving off some The Last Dragon vibes:



    And Shang-Chi does it WITHOUT the Glow!
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  11. #686
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has Shang Chi ever had a time travel adventure? Something that deals with China in the distant past?

    If not, it could be fun.
    I've been thinking about this. I think it would be cool for Shang to learn more about his family's past. Maybe travel to see who his father really was or what the relationship between him and his mother was like. One of my biggest hopes is that Shang would encounter other members of House of the Deadly Hand. Maybe he'd see that though he is the greatest Kung Fu practitioner of his time, he isn't the greatest of all time.

    Going further, I'd like to see a miniseries on Shang-Chi's father. He's been pretty unknown and I think he has kept it that way. A miniseries would give the definitive history of Zheng Zu. I'd like to see what made him so harsh and unyielding. Furthermore, as powerful as he was, I think he's had to fight incredible odds for many years. I think back when he fought against Dormmamu and the Mindless Ones after his brother had sacrificed his life:



    That really impacts a person. People deal with that in different ways. Zheng Zu learned very early on about sacrifice and toughness.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  12. #687
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lower East Side
    Posts
    6,805

    Default

    Shang-Chi vs. Iron Man. Who won? https://www.cbr.com/shang-chi-vs-iron-man-who-won/
    " I am alive. I am angry. I am no longer apologizing for anything. Not my machines. Not my decisions. Not my deeds. I am going to win this fight. I am the one who wins. Korvac thinks he is a god. But I Am Iron Man.." TONY STARK

  13. #688
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Faster than a speeding bullet:





    Definitely giving off some The Last Dragon vibes:



    And Shang-Chi does it WITHOUT the Glow!
    Dear God that was a stupid movie. I can't imagine why people like the 80s

  14. #689
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I've been thinking about this. I think it would be cool for Shang to learn more about his family's past. Maybe travel to see who his father really was or what the relationship between him and his mother was like. One of my biggest hopes is that Shang would encounter other members of House of the Deadly Hand. Maybe he'd see that though he is the greatest Kung Fu practitioner of his time, he isn't the greatest of all time.

    Going further, I'd like to see a miniseries on Shang-Chi's father. He's been pretty unknown and I think he has kept it that way. A miniseries would give the definitive history of Zheng Zu. I'd like to see what made him so harsh and unyielding. Furthermore, as powerful as he was, I think he's had to fight incredible odds for many years. I think back when he fought against Dormmamu and the Mindless Ones after his brother had sacrificed his life:



    That really impacts a person. People deal with that in different ways. Zheng Zu learned very early on about sacrifice and toughness.
    Maybe he goes back in time and alters history to where he actually has a happy family life

  15. #690
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    Shang has officially pissed off all the geniuses of the MU and i'm totally here for it. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •