Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

"What happened to your shirt?" is gonna be a meme real quick.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Is Marvel poking fun at itself?

Wasn't #3 supposed to get released today?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yes. Thanks for the reminder, thought i had it on preorder but apparently not. Was looking forward to this issue
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Great issue the art is getting better and better. The art in the issue reminded me of larraz quite a bit. I also think the sister mutant power is and interesting one. Would love to see her and Dazzler team up.

My fave page. shangerine.jpg
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-29-2021 at 04:37 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

"What happened to your shirt?" is gonna be a meme real quick.
    Great trailer. Yeah, I've heard a lot of people saying Marvel tricked them by delivering a third Shang-Chi trailer instead of a Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer. But I like what I'm seeing. That "I'm not afraid of you" line, that's a very powerful line. Furthermore, we saw some superhero landing poses from Shang. Very cool. My only hope is that the Mandarin isn't done after this film. Really hope we get to see him around and become a big bad in the MCU. September 3rd comes out, we'll see.

Indeed it did. Apologies for not giving commentary on it sooner. Overall, it was a really great issue. What stood out to me is how Shang is this steady source in the book. There are tons of conflicts around him. Wolverine wants to bring Zhilan to Karakoa. Esme and Takeshi want to kill Zhilan because she's a mutant and Shang's father saw mutants as a threat. That was a very fascinating revelation really. We're learning about Zheng Zu and how calculating and mutant-phobic he was and how that influences his children. Zheng Zu has shown prejudice and it has spread to his kids. That theme is very relevant. Replace "mutant-phobic" with homophobic or racist and you'd be shedding a hard truth on many older Asians and Asian-American parents today.

Thus, Shang-Chi stood out brilliantly in this issue. He fights Wolverine. He checks Esme and Takeshi. He stands up for reforming his father's organization and casting out old, prejudiced ideas. He wants to do that with a long-lost sister. And what makes him think that he can do this? Just with determination. And his deadly hands of Kung Fu. Badass.

Another excellent issue. Looking forward to the next!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

Why exactly did people expect a NWH trailer in the first place.

I don't see Mandarin being a 'Big bad' but it would be cool to see him stick around

There are actual legit leaked images from the movie and...

yo wtf?

spoilers:
    Slattery is back???
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why exactly did people expect a NWH trailer in the first place.

I don't see Mandarin being a 'Big bad' but it would be cool to see him stick around
    Yeah, just hoping he has a role to play. Don't want him off'd in this film, especially if the performance is good.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There are actual legit leaked images from the movie and...

yo wtf?

spoilers:
    Slattery is back???
    end of spoilers
    D'oh. Read your spoiler here. Didn't check out the leaked image. Trying to avoid that. But if true, it makes sense. I'd love to see that.
    "I am a man of peace."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Yeah, I've heard a lot of people saying Marvel tricked them by delivering a third Shang-Chi trailer instead of a Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer.
    They're a hopeless lot who spam every Marvel video with "Where's the Spider-Man NWH trailer". I just blissfully ignore them.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Yeah, just hoping he has a role to play. Don't want him off'd in this film, especially if the performance is good.
    He looks pretty good from the trailer. I hope he's not a one time foe. Maybe he can show up in an agents of Atlas project

D'oh. Read your spoiler here. Didn't check out the leaked image. Trying to avoid that. But if true, it makes sense. I'd love to see that.

Indeed it did. Apologies for not giving commentary on it sooner. Overall, it was a really great issue. What stood out to me is how Shang is this steady source in the book. There are tons of conflicts around him. Wolverine wants to bring Zhilan to Karakoa. Esme and Takeshi want to kill Zhilan because she's a mutant and Shang's father saw mutants as a threat. That was a very fascinating revelation really. We're learning about Zheng Zu and how calculating and mutant-phobic he was and how that influences his children. Zheng Zu has shown prejudice and it has spread to his kids. That theme is very relevant. Replace "mutant-phobic" with homophobic or racist and you'd be shedding a hard truth on many older Asians and Asian-American parents today.

Thus, Shang-Chi stood out brilliantly in this issue. He fights Wolverine. He checks Esme and Takeshi. He stands up for reforming his father's organization and casting out old, prejudiced ideas. He wants to do that with a long-lost sister. And what makes him think that he can do this? Just with determination. And his deadly hands of Kung Fu. Badass.
    Thanks, any idea how long this "Shang-Chi get in conflicts with other heroes" stuff is going to continue? I preferred the previous mini way more to this.

Astonishing Member

Thanks, any idea how long this "Shang-Chi get in conflicts with other heroes" stuff is going to continue? I preferred the previous mini way more to this.
    It’s a profile raising grand tour to both raise his profile with readers of more high profile IPs, generate content for his family interactions for future use and effectively soft reboot interactions between his family and the MU as a whole, since I’d guess that… poor aging and the obvious one aside, there’s probably more than a few elements of his mythos that might run into IP issues of adapted to games/cartoons etc

As for any possible links spoilers:
    I had been holding out Mandarin would have Trevor MC’ing that apparent tournament
    end of spoilers

New Marvel featurette on Shang:

We see the expansion of more scenes, from fights to dramatic moments. Great to hear from Simu, Daniel Cretton, Akwafina, and Kevin Feige!
    "I am a man of peace."