Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Was that a foo lion fighting in the village?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I assume so

Poster is out.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Paused a couple of moments here and there. Definitely looks like a foo lion.

Digging the posters and covers, especially the one with the dragon. Again everyone, just 5 weeks away until the movie premieres in the States!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Looks like Shang is using one of his fathers rings. I wonder if by the end of the movie, he gets a couple of those rings and that will be what he uses for all his big MCU fights?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Looks like Shang is using one of his fathers rings. I wonder if by the end of the movie, he gets a couple of those rings and that will be what he uses for all his big MCU fights?
    I sure hope so.

I see I've been pronouncing his name wrong all these years.

The rings look kind of goofy to me on that poster.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I suspect that, at the end, he'll have all 10.

Very proud to hear that! Some really great issues in those collections by the way. Except the one written by C.M. Punk. Ew, let's never speak of that issue ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thanks, any idea how long this "Shang-Chi get in conflicts with other heroes" stuff is going to continue? I preferred the previous mini way more to this.
    Respectfully disagree there bro. I like this new series. First off, we're seeing better fighting here. We get to see more kicks and punches. Shang shows off his Kung Fu skills.

On a deeper level, the series is dealing with a number of themes. In one sense, it shows people that Shang is an established figure in the Marvel Universe. Spider-Man, Cap, Wolverine, all of these characters know who is Shang. More importantly, they respect Shang. Every issue we get, the more apparent that idea becomes. At first glance, it seems a little unbelievable. Really, Marvel's top heroes know who's Shang? But then the idea sinks in. Yeah, they do. And they've known him for a long time, decades really. Because Shang has been part of the Marvel Universe for decades.

Additionally, we are starting to see Shang take up the reigns of leadership. He's the head of his father's organization and doing the best that he can. He has to prove himself not only to the Hand, Hydra, and A.I.M., but also to the heroes. His ability to lead and whether or not he'll turn his father's empire into a force of good, bad, or completely unique are up in the air at this moment. As we've seen with this latest issue, there are some deep seated mentalities Shang wants to root out. Can he do it? Can Shang, merely armed with his principles and his Kung Fu, accomplish his goals? Therein lies the challenge. And the story.

They're a hopeless lot who spam every Marvel video with "Where's the Spider-Man NWH trailer". I just blissfully ignore them.
    Ha, me too bro. Just going to enjoy the attention Shang is getting right now. When the Spider-Man NWH trailer shows up before the premiere of the Shang-Chi movie, then we'll talk more about Spider-Man.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Very proud to hear that! Some really great issues in those collections by the way. Except the one written by C.M. Punk. Ew, let's never speak of that issue ever again.
    Yeah, I read that in the Marvel-Verse Shang-Chi book and...yeah. Not sure how that got published.

New posters.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

So Leiko Wu for the sequel?

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.