Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That's good to hear.Are you going to post the review tommorow?
    As soon as it’s posted on the site, I’ll post it here. I’m just a writer for Comic-Watch, not an editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    As soon as it’s posted on the site, I’ll post it here. I’m just a writer for Comic-Watch, not an editor.
    Oh wow, thanks for giving us this inside scoop! Looking forward to the review and the issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member

Oh ok.Thanks a lot!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

On the note of Immortal Hulk I would love to see Hulk in the Shang chi series.Since they are doing popular heroes.Along with the likes of Black Panther and depending on what the story is maybe they all reappear to help Shang-Chi out in the final fight.Is this a mini or ongoing?
    It would be cool!

I wanted Hulk, but by the time I joined that book already had a permanent reviewer.
    I'd like to see that; your reviews about IH. It's a shame someone git there first.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The same apply to Chinese and Chinese Americans.

Chinese in China aren't hungry for representation. So it seems this attempt to appeal them without really understanding their culture really bothers them.

That's why they are angry about the "beauty standard" aspect too.
    What is this "beauty standard" u speak of?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I could understand Chinese Americans being wary too. It's not like Hollywood has ever treated Asian Americans well, or doesn't have its own problematic beauty standards. And frankly, I don't think Chinese people even need Hollywood movies because they have their own massive film industry. That being said, I don't think the insults levelled at the cast members are warranted in any way
    How does the Hollywood beauty standards extend to Asians?

I am a little confused because we have a crap ton of recurring Asian American actresses who get a ton of exposure more than Asian male actors in North America so I am not understanding.

There have been many Asian male actors getting shine, not as much an Asian actresses .... Shang-Chi should be taken as a positive so I don't get what is wrong here.
    Last edited by Besouro; 05-17-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    How does the Hollywood beauty standards extend to Asians?

I am a little confused because we have a crap ton of recurring Asian American actresses who get a ton of exposure more than Asian male actors in North America so I am not understanding.

There have been many Asian male actors getting shine, not as much an Asian actresses .... Shang-Chi should be taken as a positive so I don't get what is wrong here.
    Because Asian American actors are often stereotyped as unmanly because they don't conform to outdated Eurocentric beauty standards of actors. My point is simply that Westerners shouldn't necessarily pat themselves on the back for being "open-minded" when Hollywood hasn't had a lot of Asian leads, especially in light of the controversy supposedly around Chinese people not liking these actors.

Anyway, I'm not sure what your exact point is. I think this movie will be good, and I think it's a positive.

And it begins! Rave review from AIPT (9.5/10)

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/17/shang-chi-1-review-2/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Good to hear.
    And next the 10/10 review from Comic-Watch, by Shadowcat.

Ultimate Member

And next the 10/10 review from Comic-Watch, by Shadowcat.
    I'll check that out

Extraordinary Member

They write Spider-man to be "Inhuman" and "weird".I don't like the sound of that.Still going to pick it up but I am wary

Great article on what to expect in the movie: https://people.com/movies/shang-chis...n-of-asianess/

Particularly like this quote:
    "It's really like a celebration of Asianness, and also all of the characters that surround that are coming from a multitude of different backgrounds, whether it's Asian American or Chinese, or otherwise," he says. "The other thing that I will promise you, I will put a stamp on and personally guarantee is that you're going to see some of the craziest action sequences that you've ever seen."
    Craziest action sequences? Better than the Winter Soldier elevator fight? The Civil War airport showdown? The fights in Wakanda or Titan like like Avengers Infinity War? Or how about the end battle of Endgame? Crossing the deadly hands that Shang-Chi delivers here!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

They write Spider-man to be "Inhuman" and "weird".I don't like the sound of that.Still going to pick it up but I am wary
    I’m not sure why they’d think that. The scenes with him are absolutely exquisite. Maybe the artist’s composition of Spidey?